*** Official Penn State Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Why were the other threads locked? It seemed to be entirely polite, reasonable discussion going on in them.

Thank you, Landlord, for the link. You won my challenge. But I still disagree with you and that particular PSU fan. And I don't think disagreement should be grounds for cutting off the discussion entirely.

Why were the other threads locked? It seemed to be entirely polite, reasonable discussion going on in them.

Thank you, Landlord, for the link. You won my challenge. But I still disagree with you and that particular PSU fan. And I don't think disagreement should be grounds for cutting off the discussion entirely.

Seconded! Are we now the Alabama message board where every alabaman is above average/

What i wanted to post in one of those threads was this commentary from an article "Should Penn St leave the Big 10?"

So obvious the fix was on early in this game. The big ten is getting heat for being bad this year; and Nebraska is the only chance to land a prominent BCS bowl game. There is no way Penn State was getting out of Norman today with a victory. I really hope the replay official is exposed for their unethical performance. Penn State is the one program that could survive and thrive as an independent and i would fully support it in any way possible. Even the Nebraska coach was embarrased in the post game interview- congratulations Nebraska Corn Cheaters!!!!!

Mike Pereira, former vice president of officiating for the NFL, tweeted, "It's a close play in PSU/NEB but if it was me I would've reversed it to a touchdown. Seems to have control when the ball broke the plane."

There's the issue. The ruling was fumble. He says seems. He needs to look up the term irrefutable.

• Fire 1

I thought our board was bad after a loss. I was just visiting one of the Penn State message boards. They not only want to fire their coach but leave the B10 and go to the ACC! TO FUNNY!!

They've been under the, "B1G is out to get us" since they first joined. They also think they are the toughest team in the conference since 1989. They also think once they leave the B1G that the conference will crumble as they are what have kept the conference alive.

Huge delusions of grandeur going on in that little patch of Pennsylvania.

What i wanted to post in one of those threads was this commentary from an article "Should Penn St leave the Big 10?"

So obvious the fix was on early in this game. The big ten is getting heat for being bad this year; and Nebraska is the only chance to land a prominent BCS bowl game. There is no way Penn State was getting out of Norman today with a victory. I really hope the replay official is exposed for their unethical performance. Penn State is the one program that could survive and thrive as an independent and i would fully support it in any way possible. Even the Nebraska coach was embarrased in the post game interview- congratulations Nebraska Corn Cheaters!!!!!

HaHaHaHaHa to every PSU fan out there... pay back is a b@!ch :) :)

anyone remember the catch out of bounds that gave Joe Pa his first national title and then to make things worse, Joe Pa and his team wouldn't accept the invitation to the orange bowl for a rematch. Instead he played a 3 loss alabama team in the sugar.

also, if you watch the replay closely the ball is most definitely out of his hands before the nose crosses the goal. Air between both the upper and lower hand. Correct call was made and even if you want to argue otherwise so be it but do so remembering the 3+ yard out of bounds call.

• Fire 1

I've watched the replay several times, and I would've reversed it to a touchdown. Granted, I was streaming the game and didn't have a high definition view of what happened, but from everything I did see, it looked like a touchdown.

Regardless, I take the road in this game I take in all other games - a football match-up is not decided in one play. Although this play changed the tide of the game, there are other things PSU should be looking at today to explain their loss. If you don't want a game to essentially be decided on one bad fumble call, maybe you shouldn't give up 14 points in the first six minutes of the second half and have your quarterback get an intentional grounding call in his own end zone.

I'm just sayin'.

I would say 80/20 that it was a TD. The ball appeared to break the plane and he seemed to have possession at the instant it did. The very next instant, the ball was out and we recovered it. I can see why it was ruled a fumble in live action, and I can see why they didn't reverse it on review - but I think the argument not to reverse it is far weaker than the argument to reverse it.

However, this call would not have decided the game. Give them the TD and they go up 30-27 with nine minutes left in the game. Does anyone think we don't drive down to get a field goal, at the very least, to tie the game in nine minutes? Almost assuredly we do. Four of Penn State's six second-half drives went for five yards or less (not counting their last possession with 23 seconds remaining). Three of our drives went for 60 yards or more. Granted, we had four possessions of less than ten yards in the second half, but play-calling was affected by the score. With a more than two-score lead, we were killing clock on our final three drives.

anyone remember the catch out of bounds that gave Joe Pa his first national title and then to make things worse, Joe Pa and his team wouldn't accept the invitation to the orange bowl for a rematch. Instead he played a 3 loss alabama team in the sugar.

also, if you watch the replay closely the ball is most definitely out of his hands before the nose crosses the goal. Air between both the upper and lower hand. Correct call was made and even if you want to argue otherwise so be it but do so remembering the 3+ yard out of bounds call.

I was only 2 years old then. Is this really what happened? If so, what a pu&&y.

Mike Pereira, former vice president of officiating for the NFL, tweeted, "It's a close play in PSU/NEB but if it was me I would've reversed it to a touchdown. Seems to have control when the ball broke the plane."

There's the issue. The ruling was fumble. He says seems. He needs to look up the term irrefutable.

I noticed he said "seems". Not the best choice of words and I kinda agree with you. It sorta looked to me like he could have been losing control prior to the hit but tough to tell..

Um. Where did you come up with them playing Bama?

The Penn State Nittany Lions won their first consensus national championship, closing out an 11-1 season by defeating Georgia and Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker in theSugar Bowl 27-23, and edging out undefeated SMU for the National Championship. It was Joe Paterno's first national championship, after three undefeated non-championship seasons.