*** Official Penn State Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

How long til Stafford gets booted. Antonio Bell was the last one to go off on Bo and he didn't last long after that. Just from a little attempt at lip reading, Stafford told Bo to "Shut the f**k up I'm sick of it." Or something very close to that.

stafford needs to be shown the door.

Don't care what you think of Bo...you just don't act like that towards the head coach. I'll be amazed if he sees the field again.

and it isn't the first time either.

Second Quarter Impressions:
  • Nebraska is getting out manned on both sides of the ball.
  • If you have to waste 3 defensive timeouts in one quarter it is probably a sign that your defense might just be a little too complicated for 18-22 year old college student athletes.
  • Nebraska would easily be a Top 10 team this year if not for stupid penalties, and careless turnovers.
  • When not one, but TWO defensive players get into your head coach's face in a manner of a few weeks using a number of four letter expletives...that is a sign that everyone is not on the same page inside the locker room. Dare I say a lack of control.
  • Nebraska MUST find a heavy set/power running/play-action pass game when it gets inside an opponent's 10 yard line.
  • Ameer Abdullah has really improved over the last few weeks.
  • Braylon Heard needs to see the ball more.

Things I would like to see in the 2nd half:

• An attacking defensive front seven. STOP giving McGloin time to throw!
  • Use Penn State's defensive line speed against them by running more zone-read options and quick screens.
  • Bring back that QB Counter run game that we used last week against Michigan State.
  • For once could we play one clean half without having a dumb penalty or sloppy ball control.
  • Nebraska is going to have to make a play in special teams to get the crowd back into the game
  • Get back lining up and running right at Penn State with Braylon Heard. Then put Martinez, Abdullah, and Heard in a shotgun split backfield or pistol full house diamond formation to run zone-read and play action passes.

Spot on as usual.

If you had told me that we'd be tied in turnovers and Penn State would have more penalties/penalty yardage than us and that we'd be down 14 going into half, I'd tell you that you were crazy. Nothing surprises me anymore with this team.

Penn State is averaging almost 9 yards per pass and 5 yards per rush. If we don't shape it up, they're going to blow us out.

How long til Stafford gets booted. Antonio Bell was the last one to go off on Bo and he didn't last long after that. Just from a little attempt at lip reading, Stafford told Bo to "Shut the f**k up I'm sick of it." Or something very close to that.

Don't care what you think of Bo...you just don't act like that towards the head coach. I'll be amazed if he sees the field again.

Sometimes, when me and my brother are yelling at eachother, we are pissed about the SAME THING.

Just sayin....

i dont understand why we abandon everything that works. we were blitzing mcgloin and having decent pressure then all of a sudden we stop and he just sits there and picks us apart.

LB's have to cover the tight ends. We need to be hitting their ends and receivers at the line of scrimmage. Stop playing soft corner cushions. Their O is a zone D killer.

He did...like a minute later I believe