Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

And lastly, for God's sake, we came back and won the frickin game anyway. Until a game like spins out of control and we lost by 30, quit trying to spin crap like this into favoring the agenda of getting rid of Bo because he's not always playing nicey nice.

short memory?

yeah, I guess so. Good call. :bang

But the point I was making and should have been more clear on was a basis of the team's effort. I dont think anyone with a realistic though process can question that. These situations are being spun in an effort to suggest that there are behind the scenes problems of the players and Bo not getting along, which is assenine considering what we've seen over the last few weeks. And I'm not just talking about the come-from-behind wins and on-field performance. I'm also talking of the interaction between players and players-coaches. There is ZERO evidence of "underlying issues" that some are trying to suggest.

And lastly, for God's sake, we came back and won the frickin game anyway. Until a game like spins out of control and we lost by 30, quit trying to spin crap like this into favoring the agenda of getting rid of Bo because he's not always playing nicey nice.

short memory?

yeah, I guess so. Good call. :bang

But the point I was making and should have been more clear on was a basis of the team's effort. I dont think anyone with a realistic though process can question that. These situations are being spun in an effort to suggest that there are behind the scenes problems of the players and Bo not getting along, which is assenine considering what we've seen over the last few weeks. And I'm not just talking about the come-from-behind wins and on-field performance. I'm also talking of the interaction between players and players-coaches. There is ZERO evidence of "underlying issues" that some are trying to suggest.

Yeah, I don't really know where I stand on this one. If the exchange was just "your fault" like some are saying - then there wouldn't have been a coach holding Stafford back. My guess is it was far more than that, but it's just a guess. Whether that is an issue is up to Bo/Stafford to decide, not us. If it's not an issue for Bo or Stafford, then it's not an issue for the team. You can't ask the kids to play with emotion and heart and at the same time not expect things like this to happen when they finally do start playing that way. Adversity + Emotion = Stafford/Pelini exchange. As long as both can walk away and it doesn't impact the team they play for/coach - 5 minutes from the exchange, the following week in practice, 3 weeks from now...then it's not an issue. I think the last few weeks have proven that this team has a short memory when it comes to adversity.

Saying this is obviously a sign of underlying issues is too much of a stretch for me.

The problem isn't now and hasn't ever been about Bo's temper. It's about discipline.

Sometimes temper comes with the passion, and when the players know and trust the source it can be motivating.

Sometimes temper is just loss of control, and that's usually a terrible example for the team.

I honestly don't know where Bo Pelini comes out on this, probably a bit of both, but where discpline has been a serious issue for a couple seasons running now in pretty much every facet of the game --- offense, defense and special teams -- it's an issue Pelini has to face. It has virtually nothing to do with cameras catching him on the sidelines.

The problem isn't now and hasn't ever been about Bo's temper. It's about discipline.

Sometimes temper comes with the passion, and when the players know and trust the source it can be motivating.

Sometimes temper is just loss of control, and that's usually a terrible example for the team.

I honestly don't know where Bo Pelini comes out on this, probably a bit of both, but where discpline has been a serious issue for a couple seasons running now in pretty much every facet of the game --- offense, defense and special teams -- it's an issue Pelini has to face. It has virtually nothing to do with cameras catching him on the sidelines.

I think this maybe the one thing keeping Bo from being an absolute great coach. He knows how to motivate and instill confidence in his players. and he knows how to coach a team never to give up and to always believe. He has alot of respect from his players, but he has not yet figured out how to coach them to be more disciplined. They have gotten better tho.

And I dont take one or two arguments on the sidelines as the players losing faith in Bo or whatever. All it shows to me is the players are very passionate and that sometimes they let it get to them, just like Bo. Its a better problem to have then a team full of players who dont give a damn. Things like this happen all the time in every level of football at sometime.

And on a side note, if I was Bo I would have chewed Staffords butt about the piss poor attempt to tackle Penn ST. Rb on that first touchdown run

If you read staffords lips I thought I can see him say "Dont Fing talk to me like that again" have to watch it from the begining as I cant make out what he says when he comes back the second time. Maybe its just me. If that is what was said then I think Bo went a little to far but that is between a coach and his players. If they dont like it then they have the choice to leave or in like the case of the pirate Leach they can go to the admin and report it. that way if it is serious the corrective actions can take place.

I'm sorry, but two players lashing back at the coach in a 4 game span is not normal. I don't recall one player ever doing that to TO. Or Bill Snyder. Or Saban, who yells at his players as much as Bo. It shows a lack of respect and it shows that some of the players are tired of constantly being put down by the coach. I'm not a lip-reading expert, but "Don't talk to me like that" is pretty easy to decipher in the video.

I'm sorry, but two players lashing back at the coach in a 4 game span is not normal. I don't recall one player ever doing that to TO. Or Bill Snyder. Or Saban, who yells at his players as much as Bo. It shows a lack of respect and it shows that some of the players are tired of constantly being put down by the coach. I'm not a lip-reading expert, but "Don't talk to me like that" is pretty easy to decipher in the video.

:facepalm: