Bowl prediction for Nebraska

CBolin69

Look it is pretty simply, if the Fiesta loses Kst and the Rose loses Oregon, the Fiesta will take ND, because they get the first pick, Kst being number 1 and the Rose would get the second. My guess, Standford if they continue to win. This would be contingent on a top 15 ranking on their part.

It's being reported that the Fiesta will take Oklahoma (from the BCS countdown show last night) and the Rose will take ND even with a loss due to the $$$$ they will bring to the game. They predicted the fiesta to take aTm to play OU after their win this weekend which should piss off all of the UGA fans. And then ND vs NU in the Rose.

Yes, this is already being discussed here.

In short, the Rose Bowl is obligated to pick a BCS at-large team if Oregon makes it to the title game. Since it doesn't appear that any other Pac-12 teams will hit at-large status in the BCS, then (an undefeated) Notre Dame, the loser of the SEC Title Game, Oklahoma, and LSU are all potential at-large candidates.

If Notre Dame loses, though, I don't see them making the Top 8 and getting a BCS berth. They become a simple 'at-large' if they fall out of the Top 8 of the BCS, and there are more enticing matchups against Nebraska the Rose Bowl could make.

Frankly, if Notre Dame loses one of their remaining games and Oklahoma wins out, I'd put money on the Rose Bowl picking Oklahoma. Much better matchup than any of the other at-large candidates, save for possibly LSU.

If KSU wins out, then the Fiesta gets first choice to replace them as KSU is ranked #1 in the BCS. It sounds as if they will choose Oklahoma to stay loyal to the B1G. Then the Rose gets to pick if Oregon is in the MNC and they will likely chose ND even with a loss as they have national appeal and travel well as NU does.

I like NU's chances in that game as they don't have the type of offense that kills us. That is given that Bo stops his stupid 2 gap crap. And TMart will be the best player on the field, so we should get close or over to our 30ppg average against bcs conference opponents.

Yes, this is true IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY. Oregon will still pass up KSU, just like the projections had them passing them to play Bama in the title game. Rose Bowl will probably get first pick.

Either way it's sounding as if ND is a lock for the Rose no matter who picks first, we just have to finish our business to get there too.

Hey... lets just enjoy whatever the next few weeks bring. We have Minnesota & Iowa and, most likely we win both and play Wisconsin. If the Huskers get past all three then maybe they will be quite a bit better by then than they are now. Teams develop. Especially teams that are their own worst enemy... they can grow past that. Maybe NU will.

That said, if NU were to play as they have been playing lately against ND, Stanford, or Oklahoma... well, yes, clearly and obviously NU gets rolled badly. But... maybe the mistakes go away and NU gets past some of the self-destructive tendencies. If so, then we have an outside shot at these teams (still an underdog of sizable amount... but there is a chance). If not --- if the self-destructive tendencies continue --- well at least NU won the conference.

Hey... lets just enjoy whatever the next few weeks bring. We have Minnesota & Iowa and, most likely we win both and play Wisconsin. If the Huskers get past all three then maybe they will be quite a bit better by then than they are now. Teams develop. Especially teams that are their own worst enemy... they can grow past that. Maybe NU will.

That said, if NU were to play as they have been playing lately against ND, Stanford, or Oklahoma... well, yes, clearly and obviously NU gets rolled badly. But... maybe the mistakes go away and NU gets past some of the self-destructive tendencies. If so, then we have an outside shot at these teams (still an underdog of sizable amount... but there is a chance). If not --- if the self-destructive tendencies continue --- well at least NU won the conference.

I'm not afraid of OU, Stanford or Notre Dame. I'm afraid of Oregon. I think we can win all those games.

If Nebraska wins out, we will be 11 - 2, rated in the Top Ten and considered a worthy foe for any team.

If we win out.

And if we win out, maybe we've earned it.

Notre Dame is probably the best match up for us among the elite teams. And would be the most fun to beat.

Personally, I'm not looking past Minnesota.

Wont we go to the Outback instead of the Capital One? I didn't think the CapOne would take us again.

Definitely possible. Although with OSU and PSU out, the Big 10 choices aren't that appealing are disgusting. Hard to see the Capital One, with that high of a pick, taking a Michigan team that is probably 8-4 and ranked around #22 at that point. Or 9-3, unranked Northwestern. And those are basically the only viable options.

Not sure how to feel, really. I think Oregon or Notre Dame would eat us alive. If Oregon is in the MNC game, we won't have to worry about being quacked to death. But the Irish will probably stomp us.

Oregon eat us alive yes, but the Irish--hell no. Those guys are lucky to be undefeated and mostly rely on a very good defense. They barely beat a bad Purdue team that even Minnesota trounced. They beat BYU by only 3 points. They had to come from behind at home against a bad Pitt team and win in overtime. Their best win of the year by far was beating the Sooners in Norma 30-13, but OU is not its dominant self this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Notre Dame go down to Wake Forest this Saturday.

Notre Dame is a lot like us. They could easily be 5-5 or 6-4 right now with the swing of literally a handful of plays, which is why theyre being left out of the conversation. Even their supposed impressive win at Oklahoma was still in question with under 5 minutes to go.

If ND thought Oklahoma's receivers were fast, just wait until they have to deal with Abdullah/Bell/Jamal/Reed/Martinez! I would love to knock the usual overrated hype off their "Luck of the Irish" B.S.

It's being reported that the Fiesta will take Oklahoma (from the BCS countdown show last night) and the Rose will take ND even with a loss due to the $$$$ they will bring to the game. They predicted the fiesta to take aTm to play OU after their win this weekend which should piss off all of the UGA fans. And then ND vs NU in the Rose.

That was under the assumption that Oregon is #1 and K-State is #2, which means Rose gets the first pick and the Fiesta the #2 pick. If those rankings reverse, then the pecking order reverses, and there may not be a Notre Dame for the Rose Bowl to pick, if Notre Dame is as good as you and others say they are, money-wise.

*EDIT* They are reversed, and currently, K-State is #1 in the BCS. So the Fiesta would get first pick, and if Notre Dame is as lucrative as people claim, they'll be picked to fill the spot K-State vacated.

Also, this assumes that Notre Dame is an at-large or Top 8 BCS finisher--a loss could take that off the table completely. Notre Dame isn't exactly lighting the world up lately...