Bowl prediction for Nebraska

CBolin69

What if Notre Dam loses to USC and Kansas State loses in the Big 12 championship? what happens then? Oregon will be #1 but who would play them..a 1 loss SEC team? and who would we play?

What is this Big 12 Championship you speak of?

It's the only game where you get to play 60:01 minutes of football!

20095854_BG1.jpg

If Oregon wins out they will jump KSU & stay ahead of Notre Dame because of the Pac 12 Championship game. Neither KSU or Notre Dame will have that extra game. The likely teams for the Rose Bowl will be Oregon/Pac 12 Champ, Notre Dame vs Nebraska or Wisconsin. Our side is easy, but there are a lot of unknowns still for who will play the Big 10 Champ. If I was a sports writer & was predicting bowl matchups I would be on board with most. Nebraska vs Notre Dame, with Oregon vs Kansas St for the title.

Notre Dame with a loss will still be more appealing then a 2 loss SEC or Big 12 team.

This could all go to crap if these teams start to lose. KSU still has to get by Baylor & Texas, Oregon has Stanford, Oregon St & a Championship game & Notre Dame has Wake Forest & USC.

The only problem with Oregon leapfrogging KSU is that KSU does play their last game on Dec. 1--the day after the Pac-12 Championship--and against a #15 Texass team to boot. Kansas State, if they win out, could still be foremost on the mind of voters, and they'll have another ranked win that could keep them above Oregon.

Hell, with our luck, though, UCLA will upset Oregon, and we'll have another Pac-12 double-take for a bowl game again...

UCLA might not even have to beat Oregon to make the Rose Bowl. A win over USC and Stanford, coupled with a loss to Oregon may still be enough to take them from 17th to 14th in the standings.

If Oregon wins out they will jump KSU & stay ahead of Notre Dame because of the Pac 12 Championship game. Neither KSU or Notre Dame will have that extra game. The likely teams for the Rose Bowl will be Oregon/Pac 12 Champ, Notre Dame vs Nebraska or Wisconsin. Our side is easy, but there are a lot of unknowns still for who will play the Big 10 Champ. If I was a sports writer & was predicting bowl matchups I would be on board with most. Nebraska vs Notre Dame, with Oregon vs Kansas St for the title.

Notre Dame with a loss will still be more appealing then a 2 loss SEC or Big 12 team.

This could all go to crap if these teams start to lose. KSU still has to get by Baylor & Texas, Oregon has Stanford, Oregon St & a Championship game & Notre Dame has Wake Forest & USC.

The only problem with Oregon leapfrogging KSU is that KSU does play their last game on Dec. 1--the day after the Pac-12 Championship--and against a #15 Texass team to boot. Kansas State, if they win out, could still be foremost on the mind of voters, and they'll have another ranked win that could keep them above Oregon.

Hell, with our luck, though, UCLA will upset Oregon, and we'll have another Pac-12 double-take for a bowl game again...

UCLA might not even have to beat Oregon to make the Rose Bowl. A win over USC and Stanford, coupled with a loss to Oregon may still be enough to take them from 17th to 14th in the standings.

Yeah, looking at the rankings...I think you may be right, unfortunately.

I wonder if the Rose Bowl would forego Pac-12 ties if they have a team in the NC game and an at-large BCS candidate, especially if that team is UCLA and it would be a rematch? We know they could, as long as Oregon wins the Pac-12 and goes to the NC game--but would they?

I guess that may be a question of how much tradition means to the Rose Bowl--a UCLA rematch wouldn't be very appealing, and it could translate to a lack of television viewership and money. We know the Rose Bowl has chimed in on the side of tradition, but doing so may have costs that they don't want to incur.

And would Nebraska fans be willing to travel for a rematch with UCLA?

Yeah, looking at the rankings...I think you may be right, unfortunately.

I wonder if the Rose Bowl would forego Pac-12 ties if they have a team in the NC game and an at-large BCS candidate, especially if that team is UCLA and it would be a rematch? We know they could, as long as Oregon wins the Pac-12 and goes to the NC game--but would they?

I guess that may be a question of how much tradition means to the Rose Bowl--a UCLA rematch wouldn't be very appealing, and it could translate to a lack of television viewership and money. We know the Rose Bowl has chimed in on the side of tradition, but doing so may have costs that they don't want to incur.

And would Nebraska fans be willing to travel for a rematch with UCLA?

The Rose Bowl once did a UCLA-Ohio rematch despite that anOSU had blown them out in the Rose Bowl already.

Ohio lost.