Bowl prediction for Nebraska

CBolin69

VAHuskerfan, HuskerNationNick, you're both reading it wrong. The Rose is required to pick an at-large team (read: 14th or higher in BCS standings), and that's it. No PAC-12 riders, no special consideration, nothing--just pick a fraking BCS at-large qualifier.

That's exactly what I've been saying, or at least tried to say. What did I say wrong?

Actually, I re-read what you posted, and it appears you did get it right, and it was just HNNick that was off in assertion.

My apologies. I apparently need to work on reading comprehension. :(

---

And I read Brian Rosenthall's Journal-Star article this morning saying that an OU/NU Rose Bowl is very unlikely. Problem is, his scenario, like any other one pulling for Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl, is that Oregon goes to #1 in the BCS standings, which isn't likely. Since K-State will be playing that same week as Oregon's title game, and likely against a ranked foe (Texas, IIRC?) to boot, there shouldn't any change if both teams win out.

And of the teams that could choke, I would expect Kansas State to do so over Oregon. KSU is very much overdue for their yearly inexplicable meltdown...and if they're out of the mix, guess who takes their spot in the Title Game? Notre Dame, assuming they win out.

Notre Dame is, at best, the third most likely opponent we'll face, with Oklahoma (all three winning out or KSU losing) and Oregon (Oregon loss) taking the #1 and #2 spots.

What if Notre Dam loses to USC and Kansas State loses in the Big 12 championship? what happens then? Oregon will be #1 but who would play them..a 1 loss SEC team? and who would we play?

What is this Big 12 Championship you speak of?

You havn't heard!?!

My bad! What if K state loses one of their last games? is what I meant.... :)

What if Notre Dam loses to USC and Kansas State loses in the Big 12 championship? what happens then? Oregon will be #1 but who would play them..a 1 loss SEC team? and who would we play?

You havn't heard!?!

My bad! What if K state loses one of their last games? is what I meant.... :)

Assuming no other derps, Alabama would be the next in line...again. And we'd play....probably Notre Dame. Even at 11-1, they'd be a very attractive replacement pick for the Rose Bowl, who would have first choice in that situation.

VAHuskerfan, HuskerNationNick, you're both reading it wrong. The Rose is required to pick an at-large team (read: 14th or higher in BCS standings), and that's it. No PAC-12 riders, no special consideration, nothing--just pick a fraking BCS at-large qualifier.

That's exactly what I've been saying, or at least tried to say. What did I say wrong?

Actually, I re-read what you posted, and it appears you did get it right, and it was just HNNick that was off in assertion.

My apologies. I apparently need to work on reading comprehension. :(

---

And I read Brian Rosenthall's Journal-Star article this morning saying that an OU/NU Rose Bowl is very unlikely. Problem is, his scenario, like any other one pulling for Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl, is that Oregon goes to #1 in the BCS standings, which isn't likely. Since K-State will be playing that same week as Oregon's title game, and likely against a ranked foe (Texas, IIRC?) to boot, there shouldn't any change if both teams win out.

And of the teams that could choke, I would expect Kansas State to do so over Oregon. KSU is very much overdue for their yearly inexplicable meltdown...and if they're out of the mix, guess who takes their spot in the Title Game? Notre Dame, assuming they win out.

Notre Dame is, at best, the third most likely opponent we'll face, with Oklahoma (all three winning out or KSU losing) and Oregon (Oregon loss) taking the #1 and #2 spots.

I would not say Oregon taking the top spot is unlikely at all, in fact I'd say that it is quite likely if they win out. Kansas State has a bad Baylor team and Texas left, Oregon has Stanford, Oregon State, and UCLA/USC left. Oregon is already in first in both human polls, and the computers are going to love these wins, so I could definitely see them jumping to #1.

Oregon's defense is getting decimated. I really hope they hold it together for the next three games.

I'm sorry, I'm scared to play them, I'll say it. That offense scares the living sh*t out of me.

Give me Notre Dame. Give me Oregon St. Give me OU. Give me ANYONE ELSE BUT OREGON.

Oregon's defense is getting decimated. I really hope they hold it together for the next three games.

I'm sorry, I'm scared to play them, I'll say it. That offense scares the living sh*t out of me.

Give me Notre Dame. Give me Oregon St. Give me OU. Give me ANYONE ELSE BUT OREGON.

Maybe. Their good of course, but not as good when an opponent has several weeks to prepare.

Still a lot of football, lot of winning is needed to even worry about who or where we play.

I am hoping we get by a much improved Wisconsin team if we get there.

To many games for others to win or lose to have a real idea of what will happen.

My guess is Oregon wins out, that seems to be the most likely but their defense has been hurt. According to one of their defensive coaches today, they should have most back or previous starters coming back this week.

KState seems to have it together this year, but Texas has made some strides in the later stages of the year.

Notre Dame to me has been quite lucky, same as the Huskers. I seriously doubt they get by SC.

My only prayer is that two stay unbeaten, and keep the stinken SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC out of the MNC. Bama losing the other day was almost as good as us winning our third MNC. I think I screamed and cheered almost as loud.

I could care less who we play as long as no SEC team is in the MNC.

Bama fans are already saying if (when) they win the SEC they will jump Notre Dame and Kansas State and play in the game.

Sometimes we are over the top, but Bama fans are beyond belief.

I guess Bama fans are also counting on a win over Western Carolina this week to nudge them into striking position.

Also among the clueless is Jimbo Fisher, who was ragging on the whole BCS system. He thinks FSU is the best 1 loss team out there. Among other things he claimed the computers (and voters) gave style points for winning big, something the computers are specifically prohibited from including. Here's a tip, Jimbo. When you complain about a system at the start of a season, people might listen. When you complain about the system because you don't like where it put your team, especially if your team is where it belongs, it's just whining.

It's the only game where you get to play 60:01 minutes of football!

• Fire 1

If Oregon wins out they will jump KSU & stay ahead of Notre Dame because of the Pac 12 Championship game. Neither KSU or Notre Dame will have that extra game. The likely teams for the Rose Bowl will be Oregon/Pac 12 Champ, Notre Dame vs Nebraska or Wisconsin. Our side is easy, but there are a lot of unknowns still for who will play the Big 10 Champ. If I was a sports writer & was predicting bowl matchups I would be on board with most. Nebraska vs Notre Dame, with Oregon vs Kansas St for the title.

Notre Dame with a loss will still be more appealing then a 2 loss SEC or Big 12 team.

This could all go to crap if these teams start to lose. KSU still has to get by Baylor & Texas, Oregon has Stanford, Oregon St & a Championship game & Notre Dame has Wake Forest & USC.

If Oregon wins out they will jump KSU & stay ahead of Notre Dame because of the Pac 12 Championship game. Neither KSU or Notre Dame will have that extra game. The likely teams for the Rose Bowl will be Oregon/Pac 12 Champ, Notre Dame vs Nebraska or Wisconsin. Our side is easy, but there are a lot of unknowns still for who will play the Big 10 Champ. If I was a sports writer & was predicting bowl matchups I would be on board with most. Nebraska vs Notre Dame, with Oregon vs Kansas St for the title.

Notre Dame with a loss will still be more appealing then a 2 loss SEC or Big 12 team.

This could all go to crap if these teams start to lose. KSU still has to get by Baylor & Texas, Oregon has Stanford, Oregon St & a Championship game & Notre Dame has Wake Forest & USC.

The only problem with Oregon leapfrogging KSU is that KSU does play their last game on Dec. 1--the day after the Pac-12 Championship--and against a #15 Texass team to boot. Kansas State, if they win out, could still be foremost on the mind of voters, and they'll have another ranked win that could keep them above Oregon.

Hell, with our luck, though, UCLA will upset Oregon, and we'll have another Pac-12 double-take for a bowl game again...

The only problem with Oregon leapfrogging KSU is that KSU does play their last game on Dec. 1--the day after the Pac-12 Championship--and against a #15 Texass team to boot. Kansas State, if they win out, could still be foremost on the mind of voters, and they'll have another ranked win that could keep them above Oregon.

Hell, with our luck, though, UCLA will upset Oregon, and we'll have another Pac-12 double-take for a bowl game again...

:ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

:waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste :waste

:throw :throw :throw :throw :throw