Bowl prediction for Nebraska

CBolin69

VAHuskerfan, HuskerNationNick, you're both reading it wrong. The Rose is required to pick an at-large team (read: 14th or higher in BCS standings), and that's it. No PAC-12 riders, no special consideration, nothing--just pick a fraking BCS at-large qualifier.

----

And by the way, ESPN talking heads Christian Fauria and former Colorado intramural football coach Dan Hawkins just projected us to play Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl on their BCS Countdown show tonight, with the assumption that K-State maintains their #1 BCS ranking, which is probable.

So there's that, which is something that some of us have been saying for days now. ESPN also suggested an OU/NU tilt in the Rose Bowl would garner unbelievable attention and ratings.

What if Kansas St. loses a game and Oregon and Notre Dame go to the National Championship?

<<<<<MIND BLOWN>>>>> :mellow::lol:

Still Nebraska/Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. :)

VAHuskerfan, HuskerNationNick, you're both reading it wrong. The Rose is required to pick an at-large team (read: 14th or higher in BCS standings), and that's it. No PAC-12 riders, no special consideration, nothing--just pick a fraking BCS at-large qualifier.

That's exactly what I've been saying, or at least tried to say. What did I say wrong?

I'm pulling for Nebraska-Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl. Two huge names, it would get a lot of attention. Huge upside for both Nebraska and the Big Ten. It would be #3 vs probably #10ish, so we'd be sizeable underdogs, but ND didn't wow me in any of their games against B1G schools or Pittsburgh, so I think its totally a winnable game. That's the ideal situation.

That said, we have GOT to win our next three. Period. If we don't win the B1G, we're likely in the Outback Bowl (Capital One probably won't want us twice in a row), playing some SEC school. Whether its Florida or Georgia or South Carolina, I don't like that matchup, and we'd probably be staring at another 4 loss season.

Notre Dame has COMPLETELY underwhelmed me all year. Aside from OU, they haven't beaten anybody. It's been a very "meh" team all year long, yet the perception is that they are "back." I think if ND ran into KSU, Oregon, or 'bama, they would get ROLLED.

I would LOVE to see Nebraska eat their lunch.

I'm afraid we're not capable of eating anyone's lunch but our own. :(

Notre Dame has COMPLETELY underwhelmed me all year. Aside from OU, they haven't beaten anybody. It's been a very "meh" team all year long, yet the perception is that they are "back." I think if ND ran into KSU, Oregon, or 'bama, they would get ROLLED.

I would LOVE to see Nebraska eat their lunch.

I'm afraid we're not capable of eating anyone's lunch but our own. :(

We'd probably just spill it on ourselves. :(

Pete peeve: people who post things like "we're getting way ahead of ourselves!!!!1111. We still have 3 games to win!!!! One game at a time!!!!!!!!!11111one"

We're fans. Our discussion of future possibilities has no effect on the team and if it does they need help on a lot of other things. I can start talking about our BCS championship win over Marshall next year if I feel like it.

Most of our games we just wear down the opponent by dominating the LOS and running it right at them. So we finish with more total yards and first downs but the score is generally close because each game we must have two long drives ruined by penalty or a turnover.

I haven't been able to watch an NU game all the way through yet so I haven't seen the attack. some running qbs give us trouble but Diaco always finds a way to make them air it out, so Tmart would have to have a good passing day.

Pete peeve: people who post things like "we're getting way ahead of ourselves!!!!1111. We still have 3 games to win!!!! One game at a time!!!!!!!!!11111one"

We're fans. Our discussion of future possibilities has no effect on the team and if it does they need help on a lot of other things. I can start talking about our BCS championship win over Marshall next year if I feel like it.

That's really a good point. Bo and the team, I'm sure, has moved on. They know their next target and what's at stake. We all remember ISU over OSU last year, killing Okie Lite's chances at the MNC game.

That being said, as fans, it's *probably* ok to overlook a dismal Minnesota and atrocious Iowa team....