Nebraska fans: Thoughts on year 2 in the B1G

Officiating is horrible. A dark cloud on and otherwise great conference. Is it elite right now? No. But college football is cyclical. Heck, look at Bama. They and the SEC maybe on the downward as we speak. No SEC team in the top 3. We know as well as anyone what one loss can do to a program. I believe the Big 10 will be back very shortly, and I have firm belief that Ohio St, Michigan, and Nebraska will be the bellcows to that of what Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska were.

I'm perfectly happy here. I love the style of football. Hardnosed, playing defense, some conventional. Thats what I like. Towards the end in the Big12, the overoffenses were and are getting ridiculous.

I think the B1G is superior in every way to the Big12 except for one: National respect.

Based on the B1G's performance in big-time bowl games recently (over the last 4 or 5 years) people outside of the B1G seem to chuckle with the mention of the B1G. This needs to change, and it needs to start with Nebraska getting to the Rose Bowl and beating whatever team they play. Hopefully either Stanford or Notre Dame. Or if Wisconsin or Michigan happen to get to the Rose Bowl, they had better kick some @ss there as well. This conference is in need of a few quality non-conference wins.

Edit: just read accountability's post above. I will also say that the officiating is atrocious.

I like the B1G and think the move needed to be made. However, I miss Big 12 football. I grew up making fun of Big 10 football and, unfortunately, this is one of those years that the conference is living up to it's reputation. And no, I'm not just talking about wanting to see offense, I like good defensive play, but the lack of athletes makes for some boring games.

Absolutely love BTN.

• Fire 1

I like the TV coverage that we have on the B1G, but I also do NOT like the no night game in November policy. I miss our normal Big XII foes, but am digging the B1G schedule as well.

I'm a torn man.

i think they will be changing this very soon

Glad to hear this. This and the myopic college baseball recruiting restrictions are the two things I have qualms with.

Otherwise, the B1G has been a godsend for Nebraska, and perhaps vice versa for this season? The CIC, the BTN, and no crooked Texass to deal with.

And I'm sorry, but I can't get behind the Big 8 nostalgia--they all stabbed Nebraska in the back, and they can go do something anatomically impossible to themselves as far as that is concerned. They're all vermin.