Nebraska fans: Thoughts on year 2 in the B1G

That would be great if our defense played against their defense. Take the entire Big 12 this year, how many do you think we would beat?

All that aside, the point is this. We all wouldn't be a very happy bunch if we were in the Big XII this year.

You missing the point entirely, Bo bred a defense that worked in the league and it worked well. Without needing to adjusting to the style in this league we could be at a totally different level. And this offense has the potential to shred any Big XII defense.

We could easily play with and beat 8 of the 10 members this year, in the end it could look exactly like our record at present. Kansas State and the Big XII are not that great. Look at their schedule, they are a product of the crappy preseason ranking and an easy schedule. Their one good win is Oklahoma, and we don't even know how good Oklahoma is because they lost to the only two "good" teams they played.

We disagree, whatever, but the B1G and the Big XII are not that for off from each other. We aren't as bad as we think, and they aren't as good as people think they are. They just have a lot more offense and that's sexy to the public and voters.

• Fire 1

I will always miss the annual beating of the Big 12's red headed step child in Boulder.

Yeah, moving out to Denver right before joining the Big 10 was a bummer. I lived in Wisconsin from '84-'02. I was within 4-5 hours drive of half a dozen Big 10 stadiums. During the whole time the closest the Huskers ever got was Illinois once in '86, but I was too young then to go.

At least I got to go to the '09 CU game. My only trip to Boulder was a win and incident free. I guess I can call that a win.

Had the Big 12 not changed at all, we would have played the same conference schedule as 2008, which would have meant going to KSU, OU, and TT. Not sure we'd have won any of those. Then a game at ISU which is probably a win but not a gimme. The home games would have all been easy. (KU, CU, Baylor).

I don't think we sit at 8-2.

Good topic. It seemed so exciting when Neb joined the B1G and even better when the 2011 and 2012 schedules were released. Then things went south quickly.

> Division names fiasco

> OSU-Tressel ordeal

> PSU Scandal

> Iowa's continued fall into the abyss

> Pathetic 2012 year on the field including now signature ooc wins

I was wondering if Neb fans were regretting joining the conference.

On a separate note, several mentioned the B8 days. What was the appeal of the B8 besides an annual game with OU? It seemed the B8 had some pretty bad teams save OU and a couple runs by Colorado. Is it because Nebraska pretty muched owned that conference?

Good topic. It seemed so exciting when Neb joined the B1G and even better when the 2011 and 2012 schedules were released. Then things went south quickly.

> Division names fiasco

> OSU-Tressel ordeal

> PSU Scandal

On a separate note, several mentioned the B8 days. What was the appeal of the B8 besides an annual game with OU? It seemed the B8 had some pretty bad teams save OU and a couple runs by Colorado. Is it because Nebraska pretty muched owned that conference?

Yes, I'm sure if we were KSU (pre Bill Snyder) we wouldn't be idolizing our Big 8 history, however, I think it has a lot to do with the neighborhood. Having KSU, KS, ISU, CO, MO, OSU, OU all within 10 hours driving made it more of a neighborhood grudge match. Many of those schools are an easy morning drive to the afternoon football game. We knew those cities - in some case our player competed against there players in high school and the Neb kids that didn't go to NU - good chance they went to KS, KSU or ISU.

> Division names fiasco

> OSU-Tressel ordeal

> PSU Scandal

You nailed it in terms of the endearment for the Big 8 which brings up another point. When the Big 12 was formed, Nebraska was very against the idea of revenue sharing because we were the big kids on the block that had nearly every game televised.

Hey guys,

Just curious what your thoughts are about the conference in general, all of the specific fan bases and campuses, all that jazz. You've had an opportunity to either host or visit most of the universities in the conference now and I'm just curious if anything has changed since year 1. Nope it's all good so far. What I have been surprised most by are the fan bases are different than what I expected... Some that I thought would be amicable are not and some that I thought wouldn't are actually very classy. B1G has a good variety in their stadium sizes. Some I hear are easy to get to and some are not. B1G traditions are very good. The Bands are great. No other league can touch this league in that regards. There basketball support is awesome. Their baseball support not so much. The league in general is pretty strong because of a strong league commisioner. Wish they would allow more sr's to travel for some of the football games so that they could benefit from the college experience. Also wish they would take a more proactive approach to the baseball draft. They need to move the baseball tourney to another venue that will get more support. Very physical football teams, moreso than the B12. B12 probably has more speed overall though. B1G is more like the old Big8 vs the b12. Good variety of football in the B1G. I have enjoyed the games.

Love the BTN network. The programming is very good and they give fair coverage to all teams. I wish they would show more baseball games though and non revenue sports. I think they could have some of the student networks at the Universities help out with that as practice. That would be a win-win.

I love the conference.

The only thing I hate about it so far is personally for me. I live in Oklahoma City, so I was able to travel to a lot of the away games. Also OKC hosts the Big12 baseball championships every year. So now that is out of the window for me to. When I moved to OKC, I was happier then a slinky on an escalator, but 5 yrs later, it all fell away.

The B1G is always going to be behind the south in terms of baseball, simply as a by-product of their location.

Really, NU needs to shift their focus from baseball to basketball. Once you guys can field a decent bball team (and I think you've made the right step with Miles), the move over to the B1G will be even better.

• Fire 1

Really, NU needs to shift their focus from baseball to basketball. Once you guys can field a decent bball team (and I think you've made the right step with Miles), the move over to the B1G will be even better.

This is a crime just saying this, I will be shocked if your not banned from just posting this.

Baseball in Nebraska is a tie for second. Omaha has the college world series every year and it is sold out for every game (I believe, been awhile since I been there, but my cousin goes every year and gives me the high lights). That series is what hockey is to Michigan. NU just needs to get their team back up to the ranks.

Basketball is our worst sport and barely gets the support. It will be awhile before it does. We are hoping that the new arena helps out, but I doubt it will.

Football, Baseball and womans volleyball are our top 3 sports and don't see them moving anytime soon.

This is a crime just saying this, I will be shocked if your not banned from just posting this.

Baseball in Nebraska is a tie for second. Omaha has the college world series every year and it is sold out for every game (I believe, been awhile since I been there, but my cousin goes every year and gives me the high lights). That series is what hockey is to Michigan. NU just needs to get their team back up to the ranks.

Basketball is our worst sport and barely gets the support. It will be awhile before it does. We are hoping that the new arena helps out, but I doubt it will.

Football, Baseball and womans volleyball are our top 3 sports and don't see them moving anytime soon.

Well, I'm not saying abandon the baseball program or anything. Despite what you hear from fans in the B1G for UM it is: 1. football 2. basketball and then hockey at 3. Basketball will generate more revenue than baseball and will garner more national interest. Obviously I understand the legacy of baseball in Nebraska but shifting focus slightly from baseball to basketball should be a part of making the move to the B1G.

Well, I'm not saying abandon the baseball program or anything. Despite what you hear from fans in the B1G for UM it is: 1. football 2. basketball and then hockey at 3. Basketball will generate more revenue than baseball and will garner more national interest. Obviously I understand the legacy of baseball in Nebraska but shifting focus slightly from baseball to basketball should be a part of making the move to the B1G.

We are making an effort to get our basketball program up to Big 10 standards. I think building a new arena and top notch facilities shows that we are doing everything we can for that program.

It doesnt mean we have to shift our focus from baseball in order to get basketball program moving in the right direction. We have a good coach in Erstad and top notch baseball facilities also. We can keep our focus the same on baseball at the same time as trying to get basketball better.