2013 class

Anyone who thinks true fresh are going to come in and make an immediate impact are stupid. That is all.

In regards to Baker, I agree he would have been a great OT. But to claim he was "slightly above average" this year is wrong!! Learn the game!!

One of the most frustrating things with fans and recruiting. The new toy is always the best and the one we should be playing with.

Anyone who thinks true fresh are going to come in and make an immediate impact are stupid. That is all.

In regards to Baker, I agree he would have been a great OT. But to claim he was "slightly above average" this year is wrong!! Learn the game!!

There are a few exceptions, even here. Cross and Janovich? Janovich was definitely limited, but he was servicable.

I figured when rating a guy we would look at his whole career rather than just one year...The last 2/3rds of this year he played like a man on a mission, but the first 1/3rd and last season....I would say he was a slightly above average DT....

Let me get this straight, we need 6 new offensive linemen in this class?

I guess the current 26 offensive linemen we have isn't enough. Wait, I'm sorry, let me take out the 3 seniors that won't be with the team next year. 23 offensive linemen.

But hey, we only have 24 defensive backs, 7 which are safeties (4 which are seniors), we really don't need to pick up a safety like we did with Corey Cooper.

By my count, we have eleven returning scholarship linemen for next season (assuming ash is still on the team, which isn't a given.). Also, didn't count pelini, though he could be in line for one. Six of those eleven will be seniors next year. Considering it is the hardest position to project for and the amount of time it takes to get physically and mentally ready to play, I'd say it's pretty damn important we load up on linemen this year.

Not sure of your point on safeties. We have a need there and are addressing it appropriately.

I miscounted earlier. There are 13 returning scholarship linemen, 6 of which that are seniors next year. Considering the position accounts for more than one fifth of our starters, I'd say we need 18-19 scholarships there any given year.

So, you are saying we need 5-6 in this class. I would say we need 6 since one that I am counting is committed to just being a long snapper.

We have 4 committed now. So, we need two more. Cochran and who else?

Let me get this straight, we need 6 new offensive linemen in this class?

I guess the current 26 offensive linemen we have isn't enough. Wait, I'm sorry, let me take out the 3 seniors that won't be with the team next year. 23 offensive linemen.

But hey, we only have 24 defensive backs, 7 which are safeties (4 which are seniors), we really don't need to pick up a safety like we did with Corey Cooper.

I posted this in another thread...in 5 classes Pelini has signed something like 17 OL, and 4-5 of them are no longer on the team for a position that takes up 5 spots. He's recruited around 22 DBs, for 4 spots. He needs to load up on OL, this idea of signing 2-3 and watching 1 leave the team every year is killing us.

2008 - signed three (not counting 55), grant never made it

2009 - signed five (counting pensick), coffey was a med hardship

2010 - Signed four

2011 - Signed five, klachco and moore left

2012 - Signed two

That's 19 in five years, which is about right, though I thought it was a mistake to only take two last year. And I only count two that defected. Didn't sound like klachko was much of a loss anyway.

IMO, the Wisconsin game showed the value of Baker at DT.

Completely agree.