Forgot about Walker. I also originally forgot about Dixon:

So, it could be:

Collins

Newby

Vandenburg

Cochran

Dixon or Badet

Walker

Willis (I agree, I'm more optimistic than some here)

Another guy I forgot about is Drake Martinez. Do we still take him even though we have 3 safeties?

I have no clue on Martinez. We haven't offered a scholly through my knowledge. He's obviously a great athlete and both sides of the ball want him, but with Singleton, McWilson, and Gerry and now Charles Jackson looking like he might play safety as well we might take him as a back or corner or whatever other position don't know what he plays.

I personally think we should just get those guys as commits and save the rest for next year and give some to walk-ons, unless we uncover some new juco targets, or some guy with great athleticism outta nowhere.

i dont mean to be a debbie downer but lets say hypothetically nebraska misses on most of its top choices left would you guys rather see the coaches still fill the class with a bunch of plan b or plan c recruits or hold off on a big class until next year

Give a couple to walk-ons and hold off til next year. But a majority of those guys are heavy leaners for Nebraska from my knowledge.

If we miss out on a lot of these guys, I would think we would do a combination of what you asked. I think we would take some players like Drake Martinez (who is listed as having an offer on Scout) that is a freak of an athlete and see if he fits in somewhere. Hey, maybe he can be that slot receiver the staff is looking for. He obviously has the speed for it.

I would see them finding a few players they feel deserve a shot to see what happens. They wouldn't fill the class with those guys though.

If we miss out on a lot of these guys, I would think we would do a combination of what you asked. I think we would take some players like Drake Martinez (who is listed as having an offer on Scout) that is a freak of an athlete and see if he fits in somewhere. Hey, maybe he can be that slot receiver the staff is looking for. He obviously has the speed for it.

I would see them finding a few players they feel deserve a shot to see what happens. They wouldn't fill the class with those guys though.

I hope they take guys with speed! Speed speed speed..

i dont mean to be a debbie downer but lets say hypothetically nebraska misses on most of its top choices left would you guys rather see the coaches still fill the class with a bunch of plan b or plan c recruits or hold off on a big class until next year

Give a couple to walk-ons and hold off til next year. But a majority of those guys are heavy leaners for Nebraska from my knowledge.

That didn't stop us fro losing those kinda guys before.

What I don't know, and I'm sure someone else here does, is if we fill all 25 this year, with graduation, how many scholarships would we have open? If its looking like 20-25 again we are in trouble.

This year's class is either not going to be filled, or will have several 'reaches' on it. And often reaches don't pan out, as our roster currently shows. If we can't get quality players in the numbers we need, its almost like self imposed penalties.

• Fire 2

That didn't stop us fro losing those kinda guys before.

What I don't know, and I'm sure someone else here does, is if we fill all 25 this year, with graduation, how many scholarships would we have open? If its looking like 20-25 again we are in trouble.

This year's class is either not going to be filled, or will have several 'reaches' on it. And often reaches don't pan out, as our roster currently shows. If we can't get quality players in the numbers we need, its almost like self imposed penalties.

remember that we can swoop in and steal a couple of recruits ourselves. Wasn't Imani Cross a last minute commit? Just because we didn't hit on a few of high profiles, doesn't mean we don't have a good plan B. I like what we are doing after the loss of Sandland with the recruiting push for Vandenburg (sp?). We could end up with a more highly rated TE here. Keep the faith people. All is not lost yet

I'm sure the coaches have a rating system for all the kids on their board. They start at the top and work down. If the CCG and losing a coach hurt our chances of a top recruiting class it becomes like a fumble during the game. You hate to see it happen but it's part of the game.I do hope we don't throw schollies at a few borderline kids just to fill out the roster. Save 5 or 6 for next year and we may have a better record and will have generated a bit more excitement by the end of the year.

With the skill positions being our strength, as well as the secondary, I'd rather see size size size size in our recruiting class. Any chance one of these O-Linemen we have committed or are recruiting could play DT or DE? I know most of them are 6-7 or 6-8, but so was Zach Potter, and he was pretty good as a DE.

With the skill positions being our strength, as well as the secondary, I'd rather see size size size size in our recruiting class. Any chance one of these O-Linemen we have committed or are recruiting could play DT or DE? I know most of them are 6-7 or 6-8, but so was Zach Potter, and he was pretty good as a DE.

Last time we tried that we turned a 5* OT into a slightly above average DT....I don't see any of our current OLine commits be able to switch sides.

Last time we tried that we turned a 5* OT into a slightly above average DT....I don't see any of our current OLine commits be able to switch sides.

Didn't figure so, but thought I'd throw out a wild shot in the dark...

That kid's a first round draft pick if we would have left him at OT.

Let me get this straight, we need 6 new offensive linemen in this class?

I guess the current 26 offensive linemen we have isn't enough. Wait, I'm sorry, let me take out the 3 seniors that won't be with the team next year. 23 offensive linemen.

But hey, we only have 24 defensive backs, 7 which are safeties (4 which are seniors), we really don't need to pick up a safety like we did with Corey Cooper.

Anyone who thinks true fresh are going to come in and make an immediate impact are stupid. That is all.

In regards to Baker, I agree he would have been a great OT. But to claim he was "slightly above average" this year is wrong!! Learn the game!!

• Fire 1