2013 class

Anyone who thinks true fresh are going to come in and make an immediate impact are stupid. That is all.

That is a problem in and of itself. Freshman play for many teams. Pete Carrol's USC teams always had a few freshman playing. Mark Richt said on a radio interview this week that getting freshmen to contribute right away is key to success in today's college football. Why they rarely even play here is an issue. Not necessarily start, but get plenty of meaningful snaps.

Anyone who thinks true fresh are going to come in and make an immediate impact are stupid. That is all.

That is a problem in and of itself. Freshman play for many teams. Pete Carrol's USC teams always had a few freshman playing. Mark Richt said on a radio interview this week that getting freshmen to contribute right away is key to success in today's college football. Why they rarely even play here is an issue. Not necessarily start, but get plenty of meaningful snaps.

That isn't really true.

Rex, Martinez, Abdullah, Cross, Bell, Jackson, Janovich, Santos, Turner all played plenty of meaningful snaps their true or redshirt freshmen years. I bet there are even more those are just off the top of my head.

That isn't really true.

Rex, Martinez, Abdullah, Cross, Bell, Jackson, Janovich, Santos, Turner all played plenty of meaningful snaps their true or redshirt freshmen years. I bet there are even more those are just off the top of my head.

Huge difference between a RS Frosh and a True Frosh.

With the way Bo likes to RS kids, I doubt we will see many TFR ever play here. Which is fine with me. A true Frosh playing is an indictment on the players already on the roster. Unless said kid comes in a semester early.

That isn't really true.

With the way Bo likes to RS kids, I doubt we will see many TFR ever play here. Which is fine with me. A true Frosh playing is an indictment on the players already on the roster. Unless said kid comes in a semester early.

first off let me say that I can't remember a time that I've disagreed with EZ. An indictment on the players currently on the roster is a viable reason for having to start true frosh. But I also believe that in some cases the Tr Frsh are just too talented to not get on the field. Personally I like redshirting freshman. But if the guy is a beast, you play him! And sometimes it has to do with depth at a position. For the most part we have been building depth at several positions by redshirting but ill take a few guys every class that are too good to redshirt.

That isn't really true.

first off let me say that I can't remember a time that I've disagreed with EZ. An indictment on the players currently on the roster is a viable reason for having to start true frosh. But I also believe that in some cases the Tr Frsh are just too talented to not get on the field. Personally I like redshirting freshman. But if the guy is a beast, you play him! And sometimes it has to do with depth at a position. For the most part we have been building depth at several positions by redshirting but ill take a few guys every class that are too good to redshirt.

Pete Carrol made a living running true freshmen out on the field. And then there are players like Adrian Peterson who should have won the Heisman as a freshman. If we never get recruits on campus who are elite enough to play as true freshman, that is an indictment of the recruiting.

Why do people think freshmen don't play here?

We play some, but I think many who we do play waste a year. Snaps in junk time in the weak noncon games is a waste. Cross and Janovich were good use guys. If Curry and Moss don't get medicals, then they were a total waste. And I can't think of anyone else who played. Turner's frosh season is almost a total waste also. He wasn't injured and didn't really play the second half of last season.

• 3 weeks later...

According to 247's composite rankings, we have the best players in Nebraska (Banderas), Arizona (Gregory), Wisconsin (Natter), South Dakota (Gerry), and Canada (Knevel).

Most of our commits are from Ohio (4) followed by Florida (3), California (2) and Missouri (2). Not huge numbers but I like that trend.

:power

According to 247's composite rankings, we have the best players in Nebraska (Banderas), Arizona (Gregory), Wisconsin (Natter), South Dakota (Gerry), and Canada (Knevel).

Most of our commits are from Ohio (4) followed by Florida (3), California (2) and Missouri (2). Not huge numbers but I like that trend.

:power

Interesting.

And, we probably have the best QB and RB out of California.

Now, we just need more linemen.