Bo mentioned for Arky Job...

Bo is going nowhere. End of discussion. Some of you bring up the Miami situation as a point of reference but forget that it was never once a real possibility for Bo. It was for him to give the ultimate middle finger to Harvey Pearlman. Harvey has done very well in dealing with Bo the past two seasons even defending him in the recent Stafford situation. Bo has all of the support from the University and AD.

• Fire 1

The Arkansas AD has publicly made it known that he's interested in Bo and feels that Bo would be a good fit for the soon-to-be vacant job. Rumors about Bo pop up for every job opening, but this one's a little different since they have come out and said they'll be pursuing him. Hope he stays, and I think he will, but I could see Arkansas being one of the few schools Bo would leave Nebraska for.

Link: http://sports.omaha....-looking-at-bo/

I don't see this at all, we keep hearing from people saying "they can see it". Ohio State would have been then school if he was going to leave. I can see the Chiefs winning a Super Bowl as well but doesn't mean itll happen :)

When tOSU came calling, Bo told them no.

Bo has had no genuine interest in any other job accept the week after the aTm game. He then let the press salivate over the rumors.

Remember what Bo said last year after his name came into play for the Ohio State job and everybody was freaking out? Something along the lines of: Nebraska isn't a stepping stone job for me. I think that says a lot about his loyalty. I believe he wants to win a National Championship but, you have to win Conference Championships before you can worry about National Championships.

• Fire 1

Remember what Bo said last year after his name came into play for the Ohio State job and everybody was freaking out? Something along the lines of: Nebraska isn't a stepping stone job for me. I think that says a lot about his loyalty. I believe he wants to win a National Championship but, you have to win Conference Championships before you can worry about National Championships.

Not true, remember 2001 ;) lol

Remember last season!

Remember last season!

Fu** I was just editing that in until I noticed you beat me to it lol

At one time, a lot of coaches wanted to get into the SEC. Urban Meyer passed up his "dream" job at Notre Dame to get there. Les Miles bolted from Okie State to get there. Saban and Petrino both came back to the SEC after being in the NFL. Things have changed. The frying pan has gotten rather hot there, and I can see where coaches might actually shun going to the SEC. Meyer left, and I don't for a minute believe it was due to health reasons. There's talk of Chizek getting the axe even though he won a NC not so long ago. Year in and year out there's rumors of Richt getting canned. Miles seems to be on the hotseat every other year. There's a reason Bob Stoops has never entertained thoughts of going to the SEC. Fans in OK grumble, but I don't think Stoops job has really ever been in jeaopardy. Bo may very well leave NU, but I don't think it will be for a SEC team. It would be more reasonable to see Bo head to Austin, TX if Mack Brown is forced into early retirement. However, I don't see that happening either.

Bo may very well leave NU, but I don't think it will be for a SEC team. It would be more reasonable to see Bo head to Austin, TX if Mack Brown is forced into early retirement. However, I don't see that happening either.

:o

:sarcasm???

Out of everything I have seen you say on here, that is the most shocking thing.... ever! I don't think Bo would ever consider a job at UT.

There's two sides to that coin. I don't think UT would ever consider Bo as being their next coach. However, this really wasn't the point. The point is that Texas is in a conference where almost everything revolves around Texas. They have some of the best recruits in the country, so Bo would have more difficulty choosing between who he was going to offer rather than who might accept a scholly. KState is having a great year, but they can't and won't have this success year in and year out. The Big 12 is still made up of two heavyweights being OU and TX. Any HC should be committed if they didn't at least entertain the idea of coaching at TX. TX has extremely deep pockets, and for the most part the expectations I don't think are quite as high as they are at most SEC schools. If they were, Brown would have been canned a long time ago after getting shellacked year in and year out by OU. The UT job offers an excellent opportunity year in and year out to play for all the marbles. They have the recruits to match SEC speed and talent. There is no championship game to derail a team. They basically just have to beat OU to get there.

Remember last season!

Fu** I was just editing that in until I noticed you beat me to it lol

My bad but, let's ask Papuchis what he thinks about worrying about National Championships before a Conference Championship :bounce

the 247 rumor mill is reporting the leading candidates for the Ark job are Gundy and Peterson, with some other "fall back candidates". They seem to think it will be Gundy.

http://247sports.com...rt-2-13968404/1

That thread in 247 mentions Jeff Tedford. Says Tedford is about to be canned at Cal. I'm a bit shocked. Even though Cal is 3-8 this year I thought Tedford is supposed to be a pretty good coach. Oh well, if he does get fired it won't take long for him to find gainful employment.