Should Tom Osborne lead the team out of the Tunnel?

ladyhawke

Anyone else who was in the stadium today have their eyes tear up watching TO in the tunnel? Mind did. I wouldnt even consider myselft that old, only 29. Didnt start paying close attention to football until the '89, 90 or so time, but i gained, and still have, a clear understanding of what that man means to the entire state of Nebraska in a hell of a lot more than football wins and losses.

Wasn't at the stadium, but my eyes did tear up watching him walk out of the tunnel. I'm very thankful for all he has done for UNL and the state of Nebraska. Thanks for everything Coach.

Anyone else who was in the stadium today have their eyes tear up watching TO in the tunnel? Mind did. I wouldnt even consider myselft that old, only 29. Didnt start paying close attention to football until the '89, 90 or so time, but i gained, and still have, a clear understanding of what that man means to the entire state of Nebraska in a hell of a lot more than football wins and losses.

Yep. I was close to tears myself.

Here's a couple videos I got from field level. They're not the greatest as they're just from my phone, but I thought I'd share.

Yep. I was close to tears myself.

Here's a couple videos I got from field level. They're not the greatest as they're just from my phone, but I thought I'd share.

A sincere thanks for taking and sharing that video for us. It meant a lot to me to be able to see the final bookend on his great career. Man....I'll miss him....

I don't know how many of you read the OWH this morning but I was surprised to hear that back in 1997 Tom really didn't want to retire but he had made a promise to Frank (Solich) that he would!! Read on...very interesting story!! I want to get that new book 'Unbeatable'

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121117/HUSKERS/311189972/1002#-unbeatable-the-story-of-tom-osborne-s-final-five-years