TM to NY Ceremony: My bet with my pops

I give him a 3 or 4. Not that I'm bagging on T-Mart. It just that there are so many uncertainties. There are a ton of great players out there. And I'm a bit doubtful we'll be ranked in the top six or eight teams next season. It seems like the players in the top few teams are more likely to get invites.

He does have to work on ball security. That's an ongoing issue with T-Magic. But if he was able to transform himself from an abysmal passer the last two years into a pretty darned good passer this year, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he could fix his turnover issues between this year and next. And if he does that, he could be part of the conversation.

The media was behind Taylor as a freshman, seemed to support his rehab as a sophomore, and let him start the season as a Maxwell candidate if not a Heisman contender, but the turnovers in big games this year took him down a notch, as they should.

Next year they'll look at the list and remember that Taylor Martinez is a name player. He'll be given the chance to play himself into Heisman contention. Winning will help. Taylor Martinez is a better quarterback than Eric Crouch.

If he cleans up his turnovers, he's got a great shot at getting there next year. If he faces the kind of "competition" for the Heisman next year that we have this year, I could easily see him getting invited.

Holding all the major records at a historic school like Nebraska will catch a lot of attention.

And Nebraska's schedule lines up nicely for a run at being unbeaten. Which always helps, right or wrong.

Taylor Martinez is a better quarterback than Eric Crouch.

He's a better traditional QB. It depends on the system you are running. However, I would take Crouch in his offense over Taylor in this offense. Crouch was amazing in 2001.

If Eric Crouch was playing with the 2012 Husker defense he would have had to play from two touchdowns behind, would likely have lost two more games because of that, and would not have won the Heisman trophy.

He was a tough SOB. I don't remember a player that small willing to take such huge hits and popping up unfazed. But I'll still take Martinez, and hope he gets half the offensive line and defense that Crouch enjoyed.

we've certainly got the schedule set up to help him make a run. there's going to be a long list of QBs ahead of him going into the season however. guys on teams that have a similar chance at making a run.

Tajh Boyd - Clemson

AAron Murray - Georgia

AJ McCarron - Alabama

Marcus Mariota - Oregon

David Ash - Texas

Connor Shaw - S. Carolina

Brett Hundley - UCLA

Taylor Kelly - Ariz State.

Johnny Manziel - A&M

I'd say the 6 in bold will be well in front of him to start the season - and justifiably so (save Ash...but he plays for Texas so he's going to be on top of Martinez in any list). Add to that your Braxton Millers, or Golson who could be coming of an NC, or Mettenberger turning the corner at LSU and he's got a tough road ahead of him.

we've certainly got the schedule set up to help him make a run. there's going to be a long list of QBs ahead of him going into the season however. guys on teams that have a similar chance at making a run.

Tajh Boyd - Clemson

AAron Murray - Georgia

AJ McCarron - Alabama

Marcus Mariota - Oregon

David Ash - Texas

Connor Shaw - S. Carolina

Brett Hundley - UCLA

Taylor Kelly - Ariz State.

Johnny Manziel - A&M

I'd say the 6 in bold will be well in front of him to start the season - and justifiably so (save Ash...but he plays for Texas so he's going to be on top of Martinez in any list). Add to that your Braxton Millers, or Golson who could be coming of an NC, or Mettenberger turning the corner at LSU and he's got a tough road ahead of him.

You can throw Devin Gardner on that list too.