Little Isaiah and Team Jack

krc1995

I just heard from a friend of his family that Isaiah just passed this afternoon. God Bless his family and prayers for all those who suffer this terrible disease.

I knew it was a matter of time. Heartbreaking, nonetheless. My thoughts are with his family.

Thank you to the the families of both Isaiah and Jack for letting these boys steal our hearts and teach us about what's important. Also, I am proud of our University for giving these boys the venue to feel part of something, that on most days of the year, we think is pretty special. This picture was before the Wisconsin game in late September. They are so happy.

29371_307615909340391_1839130037_n.jpg

• Fire 3

I saw the Facebook update, and it brought tears to my eye.

Some things are just beyond cruel, and to see those things come down on the young and innocent . . .

Why would a god or creator allow this? (rhetorical, let's not have that debate at this sad time).

Unbelievably sad, in so many ways. As a father, I cannot fathom any worse event.

My heart goes out to his family and friends and I can say with certainty that Husker Nation is mourning right there beside them. It truly puts things into perspective, especially after yesterday. Football is a big part of all of our lives, but there are some things that are just so much more important.

God bless, Isaiah.