The Tunnel Walk Diagnosis

Landlord

Where would they put these additional speakers throughout the stadium? I feel like the south end is lacking in places to mount things

I dont know. it's not my job to figure that out. It's just my job to bitch about it. i cant do it all, all the time.

You mean you're not an audiological engineer?

Well in 3 1/2 years I'll be a qualified Aerospace Engineer. Does that count for anything?

Only if they need someone to tell them how to drop a Boeing Bomb on the 50yd line.

Let's change gears a little bit - what do you guys think would be good music for use in the stadium? Not specifically to replace Sirius, but perhaps to be used as a pre-tunnel walk video, or just for some of the many highlight or pump-up videos we see throughout the game?

Stuff that isn't entirely cliche, 50 years old, or entirely obscure that nobody will have ever heard.

Here's one I've always thought would be a ton of fun:

Let's change gears a little bit - what do you guys think would be good music for use in the stadium? Not specifically to replace Sirius, but perhaps to be used as a pre-tunnel walk video, or just for some of the many highlight or pump-up videos we see throughout the game?

Stuff that isn't entirely cliche, 50 years old, or entirely obscure that nobody will have ever heard.

Oh my gay

1. Update and re-calibrate the positioning and direction of the sound system. Oklahoma State has a similar set up that we have, but due to the direction and positioning of the speakers, their system functions much better than ours for the fans.

2. Eliminate 90% of the graphics. Snitily Carr and Huskervision no longer have the staff to pull of the graphical vision that they have for the tunnel walk. Snitily lost their graphics badass, and this years tunnel walk made it obvious. I am fine with the stadium animation stuff, but it should not be the focus.

3. Effort. The tunnel walk has become lazy. We are revisiting the same themes, quotes and stats for every tunnel walk, and they are being displayed in similar manners year after year where it has become boring and predictable. New ideas haven't been generated since the the air drop debacle.

4. Video Production. Write a script and tap into the fans emotion. It goes much deeper than what music you pick, although I know fans seem to be stuck on that. There is no reason, with the down time of the Huskervision crew that once the sporting season ends, we can put 110% effort into creating an amazing film-esk introduction for our fans. I can't tell you how little there is to do in the studio once the sporting season comes to an end. They have months to focus on getting ready for the following year. There needs to be more effort here.

Those are some of my thoughts. let me be clear. the atmosphere that Huskervision has created for gameday is heaps and bounds better than it was in 2006 before the HD upgrade. They have done a marvelous job with the addition of the ribbon boards, features and graphics. That being said I think the tunnel walk has suffered greatly. And with the loss of staff over the past year, I don't see it getting any better any time soon unless they make a fundamental change in the direction of their thinking and preparation.

• Fire 2

Oh my gay

I see you have 50 posts and are new here. The point of the thread is to have constructive, engaging and stimulating (no, not a gay euphemism) conversation. If you think it's lousy, suggest music that you think would work well and be well received!

Only if they need someone to tell them how to drop a Boeing Bomb on the 50yd line.

If I can get you the 8 digit grid coordinate for Texas stadium can you make this happen? lol

If this is the song that a lot of husker pump up videos use i'd agree I like that as an opener. Also like the song used a lot with our pump videos. I also like the song by Nelly Here comes the boom. Which is used a lot on you tube with our pump up videos

I have quite a bit of Family Force 5 on my work out mix. I'm not sure a lot of the older folks would enjoy them though. But then again, they probably don't enjoy Kanye or PSY either.

b1bf7077_Star_Trek_suicide.gif

Right now, the doors open, the team slowly gathers just outside the door, jumps around a bit and then runs onto the field.

Change that to: gathering behind the closed doors, then have the doors explode open and the team comes running out. Huge WWE-like pyro and smoke.

Also, like accountability said, fix the freaking sound system.

Yeah, because when other teams run through smoke and pyro in college football it looks cool and awesome. Not. Oh wait, it looks stupid.

I think it would be really cool if they would turn out the lights and bring the players out with spotlights.

lol I seriously hope your kidding. If not then let me explain why this wouldn't work.

1. We have an open stadium

2. You can't turn out the sunlight unless you have a domed stadium, which we do not.

3. This would only work maybe 1 - 2 games a year.

So again I seriously hope you were kidding, and forgot the :sarcasm emoticon.

Yeah, just wanted to see who was actually paying attention.

1. Update and re-calibrate the positioning and direction of the sound system. Oklahoma State has a similar set up that we have, but due to the direction and positioning of the speakers, their system functions much better than ours for the fans.

2. Eliminate 90% of the graphics. Snitily Carr and Huskervision no longer have the staff to pull of the graphical vision that they have for the tunnel walk. Snitily lost their graphics badass, and this years tunnel walk made it obvious. I am fine with the stadium animation stuff, but it should not be the focus.

3. Effort. The tunnel walk has become lazy. We are revisiting the same themes, quotes and stats for every tunnel walk, and they are being displayed in similar manners year after year where it has become boring and predictable. New ideas haven't been generated since the the air drop debacle.

4. Video Production. Write a script and tap into the fans emotion. It goes much deeper than what music you pick, although I know fans seem to be stuck on that. There is no reason, with the down time of the Huskervision crew that once the sporting season ends, we can put 110% effort into creating an amazing film-esk introduction for our fans. I can't tell you how little there is to do in the studio once the sporting season comes to an end. They have months to focus on getting ready for the following year. There needs to be more effort here.

Those are some of my thoughts. let me be clear. the atmosphere that Huskervision has created for gameday is heaps and bounds better than it was in 2006 before the HD upgrade. They have done a marvelous job with the addition of the ribbon boards, features and graphics. That being said I think the tunnel walk has suffered greatly. And with the loss of staff over the past year, I don't see it getting any better any time soon unless they make a fundamental change in the direction of their thinking and preparation.

So in other words....... What your really sayin is....... They just need you back huh?

The stuff you guys did was AWESOME!

If this is the song that a lot of husker pump up videos use i'd agree I like that as an opener. Also like the song used a lot with our pump videos. I also like the song by Nelly Here comes the boom. Which is used a lot on you tube with our pump up videos

Nebraska doesn't use this song at all nor have they ever as of the time of this posting.

I have quite a bit of Family Force 5 on my work out mix. I'm not sure a lot of the older folks would enjoy them though. But then again, they probably don't enjoy Kanye or PSY either.

They're probably my favorite band - and you have a good point, but the song I specifically linked is a lot more arena jam feel than say, Drama Queen or Fever :P