Georgia opens 12.5 point favorite, what's your pick?

mrandyk

How long will Jamal Lord remain QB?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I put $200 on Georgia to beat the spread cause they have a good running game!! Even with that being said Neb has a chance, just trying to make a few bucks. Bulldogs have a chip on their shoulders, and we have been demoralized!!

I think this is why we stand a chance... UGA was headed for the NC Game now they are in the Capital One... The Huskers need some redemption..... GBR!!

I hope I'm wrong but I think we get embarrassed again.

I look back at our previous games this year and don't see any one game that jumps out and gives me hope that we could beat Georgia. If we play a full 60 minutes like we played the second half of the first Wisconsin game, I think we have a chance but this team hasn't put together a good full game effort against a conference opponent all year.

Our team is slighty better on offense than last year, Our Defense is worse than last year. Georgia is better this year than South Carolina was last year. It will look like the SC game last year. We keep it close early, a few bad plays go Georgia's way, and we end up losing somewhere around 17-24 points. Easy Money on Georgia

That's how I saw it as well. We have really put teams away in the third quarter this year. I don't think Nebraska is going to let us run all over them. But once the dust settles, I think UGA will pull away by about two scores. The other thing is that Richt will never run the score up. If we do get ahead by a safe margin the ultra conservative run three and out will start. Not saying that will happen, but if UGA does manage to get up Richt just doesn't run up the score. He might put in 2nd stringers and let them run the offense, but usually they can't do much.

But you never know. That's why they play the game.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we get embarrassed again.

I look back at our previous games this year and don't see any one game that jumps out and gives me hope that we could beat Georgia. If we play a full 60 minutes like we played the second half of the first Wisconsin game, I think we have a chance but this team hasn't put together a good full game effort against a conference opponent all year.

Two things about being embarrassed...

first, the Wisconsin and Ohio State nationally televised blowouts have fully established in the minds of the national audience that NU is a fairly weak program that does not belong in the national picture... that is, the embarrassment that you fear is not so much in our recent future as it is in our recent past --- what I am saying is that it is... basically... it is not possible to be further embarrassed. Frankly, even if Georgia beats us 59-0, very few nationally will blink an eye at that... it would be what they expect --- and the talk would be of Georgia and the SEC. So... NU has already been embarrassed to essentially the maximum amount... getting plunked by Georgia will not really make it worse but merely validate it.

And second... I think Georgia will sleep walk through this game and lay back and win by probably 28 or so points... but they have no reason to hang a 50+ margin on us... so I'd guess that they will not obliterate us. Maybe 42 -14 something like that... but I doubt they will care enough to play hard and put up 60+ points.

Come on BIG RED nation!! ANYTHING can happen. I wouldn't base the game with the dawgs on this loss.

You beat the badgers earlier in the season

You beat MEECHIGAN

You beat MEECHIGAN State, who we lost to in the bowl game last year

You beat Penile State

I didn't watch the 2nd game with the badgers and getting 70 hung on you definitely sucks. But look at clempson? West Virginia hung 70 on them and came back and had a solid season.

We need BIG RED to "Rise Up" and talk some smack!!

GO DAWGS!!!

Come on BIG RED nation!! ANYTHING can happen. I wouldn't base the game with the dawgs on this loss.

You beat the badgers earlier in the season

You beat MEECHIGAN

You beat MEECHIGAN State, who we lost to in the bowl game last year

You beat Penile State

I didn't watch the 2nd game with the badgers and getting 70 hung on you definitely sucks. But look at clempson? West Virginia hung 70 on them and came back and had a solid season.

We need BIG RED to "Rise Up" and talk some smack!!

GO DAWGS!!!

I'd love to talk smack with you, but my heart just wouldn't be in it.

I thought the purpose of the moving lines at vegas were to get people betting on both sides. So if they open at 12.5 it seems to me they want people to put money on georgia. Either vegas really does have a time machine, georgia fans are worse than nebraska fans about being pessimistic, or there are waaaaaaayyyy too many delerious husker fans. I suppose this could be that cover the spread in garbage time thing...UGA HC is a Nebraska native and all....