Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

When will we stop coming up with excuses for Bo? We get blown out because we switched conferences. We get blown out because we don't have the right athletes. We get blown out because Bo is still learning. We get blown out because our Coordinators are still learning. We get blown out because it is hard to recruit here. We get blown out because we had to change our recruiting footprint. We get blown out etc etc etc

Lets stop making excuses. He has been a HC for 5 years now. No more excuses.

Theyre not excuses. Theyre reasons. There are reasons for everything that happens in life. These are the reasons we are having issues as a football program. You listed them all.

None of which should be excuses for NEBRASKA.

And full circle we come, right back to the entitled "we deserve better" mindset.

You are right lets strive for bowl game and winning seasons. We are only Nebraska just another college team. That isn't how you win championships and winning championships is what NU is all about.

Bo didn't invent or revolutionalize that defense. He grabbed an old scheme and happened to have a roster full of NFL talent on the defense.

We looked like poo against any teams that ran a spread attack too. This is more than changing conferences. Changing conferences doesn't equate to getting BLOWN out

what? when? against who?

Teams that ran a variation of the spread. Michigan w/ Dennard, Northwestern, tOSU runs several spread formations.

UCLA is a multiple offense but I would not consider it a spread offense and more pro though they do run several spread formations.

we were referencing the big 12's spread attack.

We had a defense of Callahans NFL players. That's the difference now we get blown out with Bo's players. Regardless of scheme etc we should not get blown out

we were blown out by 3 completely different offenses. at least in the past it was primarily mobile QBs. we were consistent in our issues. this year, not so much.

this year we got owned by a hurry up offense operated by a freshman QB.

we got killed by a spread offense operated by a mobile qb (typical and not entirely surprising during the Pelini era)

we got destroyed by a traditional power offense that ran right at us, all night long - operated by a 3rd string QB.

we were blown out by 3 completely different offenses. at least in the past it was primarily mobile QBs. we were consistent in our issues. this year, not so much.

this year we got owned by a hurry up offense operated by a freshman QB.

we got killed by a spread offense operated by a mobile qb (typical and not entirely surprising during the Pelini era)

we got destroyed by a traditional power offense that ran right at us, all night long - operated by a 3rd string QB.

Exactly, Bo has lost loads of talent that has not been replaced. Our defense has gotten worse

When will we stop coming up with excuses for Bo? We get blown out because we switched conferences. We get blown out because we don't have the right athletes. We get blown out because Bo is still learning. We get blown out because our Coordinators are still learning. We get blown out because it is hard to recruit here. We get blown out because we had to change our recruiting footprint. We get blown out etc etc etc

Lets stop making excuses. He has been a HC for 5 years now. No more excuses.

Theyre not excuses. Theyre reasons. There are reasons for everything that happens in life. These are the reasons we are having issues as a football program. You listed them all.

None of which should be excuses for NEBRASKA.

And full circle we come, right back to the entitled "we deserve better" mindset.

You are right lets strive for bowl game and winning seasons. We are only Nebraska just another college team. That isn't how you win championships and winning championships is what NU is all about.

Not in 13 years it aint. And with the parody in college football today, 13 years might as well be 100.

Is that what Alabama and ND think? If we want to play big boy football we gotta do whatever it takes to get us there. If that means new coach after new coach so be it. Because eventually he hit the nail on the head and land the guy. Heck we may can Bo in two years the next guy flops and is done in 3 years and then Frost rides in and saves the day.

Next season is a big big one for Bo. He has an extremely talented offense and skill players that will score the points to win. Now the question is will the defense improve? I hope it does, I also expect NO blowouts next season. Next year will be All Bo's boys as well as his first class moving on. That class though producing some solid players. Overall was not full of stars. His team should be better next season thanks to hopefully better athletes and an easier schedule. If he can't get over the 4 loss hump it will be painful.

In the end we all want Conf championships and Natty Titles. We just have different views on how to get us there. #GBR

So, you would sacrafice the 9 and ten wins over the last 5 years to be Auburn. 1 NC and the rest is complete garbage, not even a bowl game.

My opinion is no thanks.

Auburn is not Nebraska or ND or Michigan or Bama. We are a blue blood. A traditional power. Auburn was a fluke that paid lots of cash to Newton. You put Cam on our team a few years back and we easily win a few more games.

I want to find the coach that can take us to a BCS game, not get blown out and wins. These 9 and 10 win seasons are whatever in my eyes. We are 34-19 against BCS competition and 8-11 against top 25 in Bo's tenure. That isn't NU quality

Just a question. Did you guys see things in our blow outs that indicated we would improve. In the wins that we had did you see something that said we beat a quality team soundly, without question and gave hope for improvement.

Like I have said before, I am not really concerned about wins or losses. A good team will win the games they are supposed to most of the time. I want a good team, that plays up to or above potential. Did you see that this year.

I am not going to call some wins lucky by any means, but in some of the wins did you honestly feel we were the better team or did the ball bounce the right way. Of those teams, in your heart do you feel is on par with Nebraska as a program.

Being on par with Nebraska means to me programs like Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State with Wisconsin closing ground on the group.

I guess the real question is in every game were you proud of the performance, did you see that small glimmer of hope that things were truly getting better, again not wins or losses, but how the game is played, how we are developing.

• Fire 1

So, you would sacrafice the 9 and ten wins over the last 5 years to be Auburn. 1 NC and the rest is complete garbage, not even a bowl game.

My opinion is no thanks.

Auburn is not Nebraska or ND or Michigan or Bama. We are a blue blood. A traditional power. Auburn was a fluke that paid lots of cash to Newton. You put Cam on our team a few years back and we easily win a few more games.

I want to find the coach that can take us to a BCS game, not get blown out and wins. These 9 and 10 win seasons are whatever in my eyes. We are 34-19 against BCS competition and 8-11 against top 25 in Bo's tenure. That isn't NU quality

If that is how you honestly feel then fine. But don't let the facts cloud your anti Bo agenda.

Just a question. Did you guys see things in our blow outs that indicated we would improve. In the wins that we had did you see something that said we beat a quality team soundly, without question and gave hope for improvement.

Like I have said before, I am not really concerned about wins or losses. A good team will win the games they are supposed to most of the time. I want a good team, that plays up to or above potential. Did you see that this year.

I am not going to call some wins lucky by any means, but in some of the wins did you honestly feel we were the better team or did the ball bounce the right way. Of those teams, in your heart do you feel is on par with Nebraska as a program.

Being on par with Nebraska means to me programs like Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State with Wisconsin closing ground on the group.

I guess the real question is in every game were you proud of the performance, did you see that small glimmer of hope that things were truly getting better, again not wins or losses, but how the game is played, how we are developing.

Great post. It really brings up the idea of us being stuck in neutral. We win enough games to "get by" but we don't beat the teams we should the way we should. We also have players in game 13 of the season lost and confused. Unless something crazy happens Bo and Co will be here next season and these are all things that need to be watched for

My opinion is no thanks.

If that is how you honestly feel then fine. But don't let the facts cloud your anti Bo agenda.

I am using facts EZ

34-19 against BCS competition

8-11 against top 25

This doesn't have to do with me being anti Bo. I am simply stating that isn't NU standards at all. I guess maybe many of you feel that is ok? I'm not sure how and I would like to know honestly your thoughts on why that is acceptable at NU.

Using some of our own arguements, what if Georgia does not want to play this game, (Washington). If they play lack luster and we win, will it be good enough with just the win or are you going to be looking how we compete. If we feel both are giving 110 percent.

I will be happy with a win, close fought or even a loss that shows improvement from what we have shown against high ranked opponents lately. I know there is no real way to tell. Most say Richt plays down to competition, fails to get the most out of his players every game. It seems similar to Bo to me.

I think this is the toughest game we will have this year, by far the best opponent as far as ranking. I would love to see the seniors leave a winner, and I think this game has to be a major improvement over the CCG to gain any momentum for next season.