Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

I'm curious, how often do negative stories about Bo appear in the press outside the state of Nebraska, especially in our major recruiting areas, California, Texas, and Ohio, to name a few? Seems like what they'll typically see will be talking more about the state of affairs at Texas A&M, Texas, TCU, Ohio State, Cal, UCLA, USC, Stanford, etc...not about Nebraska.

Furthermore, skersfan, how many different people do you talk to outside of the state of Nebraska on a daily basis? Because if this is the same group of people, do they really represent the majority? Also, how much impact do their words have? Are they just internet posters like you and I are here, or are they people in positions of influence who could potentially sway opinion?

At the end of the day when it comes to recruits, it doesn't really matter what the media thinks or what the fans think, the decision to play for Nebraska comes from the recruit himself. And although he could be influenced by the media, it is up to him how much he lets that sway him.

If you could read, then you might be able to make a reasonable comment.

Taking a rudderless ship and bringing in someone with absolutely no experience at the job is looking for trouble. You would not do it with your business or like it at your job.

Have said over and over and over and over that I wanted an experienced college head coach back then. Did not want Clownahan by any means, but tried to support him to the bitter end.

Still do not want Bo fired, just not happy with the job he has done in some areas, very happy with the way he has ran the program, high graduation rates, kids staying out of trouble, no National spot light for infractions. He has done far better than I ever thought he would. My number one complaint with Bo is that he has turned this into a training program. Hiring friends or yes men. I am not sure if he is doing that on his own, or the purse strings are so tight he has no choice.

And I still remember the comments by 95% on the board, how Bo will turn it around instantly and we will be winning championships. On and On, we sweep the Big 12 the last year, we walk through the Big 10 the first year. These things did not happen, remember close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

He is learning the job, was not qualified for the job, we took a chance because it was the most economical way to get out of Pederson and Clownahan. Not a single one of you that own companies would hire a new CEO with that level of experience. You do not take that type of chance especially with a program in melt down.

He has done some very good things, and I think if given the time, he will figure it out. But the fans outside of the state of Nebraska are far more displeased with him than you guys think. Seldom does a week go by that I do not hear how bad people dislike him. His seat is lot hotter than some think, I think.

Beins you're from out of state, you know this. that is obvious. I have one thing to say about it though. f#*k'em. They obvoiusly dont know jack sh#t about the man aside from a tantrum or two during a 3 1/2 hour football broadcast THAT EVERY SINGLE COACH IN THE COUNTRY DOES AS WELL.

Not directing this towards you because I hear it from others too, but I am so sick and tired of this "Bo is hated outside of Nebraska" bs. Who gives a sh#t. These are opinions of people who seriously do not matter. If they are basing their opinion upon snippets of the most heated moments of his job, then they are too stupid for their opinion to mean anything more than dogshit on my boot.

Do you think our problem with Bo Pelini is over his tantrums?

My problem is that he has such a good reason to be pissed off.

And that a lot of Husker fans dance around the possibility that the ongoing Husker deficiences really are head coaching issues.

You may not care what out-of-staters think about Bo Pelini and Nebraska, but as long as our prize recruits are coming from out-of-state, you really should.

So what youre saying is that a recruit has no chance in hell of getting to know the real Bo Pelini before signing. Hence, his opinion of Bo is preconceived based on what out-of-staters think. Again, i reiterate, if this is the case, the brat can go elsewhere.

The truth is, if Bo was winning championships, his tantrums and appearance would be god-like. He hasnt yet, so it's something that hurts the team and for one reason or another in the eyes of national perception is so much worse than any other coach in the country. And that pure bullsh#t.

• Fire 1

If Bo were to leave tomorrow I would actually be curious if the roster talent would be worse than what Callahan did when he got canned. Looking at recruiting classes etc it would appear Bo took over a talented roster. Would the hypothetical new coach have the same amount of talent Bo did when he took over?

I'm not saying I believe or do not believe this. Just curious on others thoughts?

We're better stocked on offense- better recievers, better backs- equal, maybe a little worse in the o line and QB, well we know what "stars" did for callahan at QB, other than a JC recruit callahan missed on all his QB's and left a lowly 3 star sitting on the bench untill he had no choice- as far as defense goes the only thing that callahan (blake) did was bring in Suh- Bo has been very unlucky with injuries on the defensive line.

Over-all i'd say a new coach would be in pretty good shape, but if the mom's basement crowd would JSTFU and play their video games, we wouldn't be talking about any of this

yeah, Pierre Allen, Phillip Dillard, Barry Turner, Zack Potter, Zach Bowman, Larry Asante, Ricky Thenerse, Jared Crick, Eric Hagg, Baker Steinkuhler, Cameron Meredith, and Prince Amukamara were all washouts recruited by Callahan that never amounted to crap (sarcasm)

Not sure what you're trying to say, KC. Some of those were Pelini recruits, and your leaving out the likes of Dennard and David (Pelini recruits). Also, a good argument can be made that some of those names were only good because of Pelini, looking at their NFL careers, or lack thereof...

If Bo were to leave tomorrow I would actually be curious if the roster talent would be worse than what Callahan did when he got canned. Looking at recruiting classes etc it would appear Bo took over a talented roster. Would the hypothetical new coach have the same amount of talent Bo did when he took over?

I'm not saying I believe or do not believe this. Just curious on others thoughts?

We're better stocked on offense- better recievers, better backs- equal, maybe a little worse in the o line and QB, well we know what "stars" did for callahan at QB, other than a JC recruit callahan missed on all his QB's and left a lowly 3 star sitting on the bench untill he had no choice- as far as defense goes the only thing that callahan (blake) did was bring in Suh- Bo has been very unlucky with injuries on the defensive line.

Over-all i'd say a new coach would be in pretty good shape, but if the mom's basement crowd would JSTFU and play their video games, we wouldn't be talking about any of this

yeah, Pierre Allen, Phillip Dillard, Barry Turner, Zack Potter, Zach Bowman, Larry Asante, Ricky Thenerse, Jared Crick, Eric Hagg, Baker Steinkuhler, Cameron Meredith, and Prince Amukamara were all washouts recruited by Callahan that never amounted to crap (sarcasm)

Not sure what you're trying to say, KC. Some of those were Pelini recruits, and your leaving out the likes of Dennard and David (Pelini recruits). Also, a good argument can be made that some of those names were only good because of Pelini, looking at their NFL careers, or lack thereof...

Bo did coach them up. However he hasn't restocked the shelves with even remotely similar talent. I feel that if a new coach were to come in he would need a few cycles to even remotely stock the depth of our roster

If you could read, then you might be able to make a reasonable comment.

Taking a rudderless ship and bringing in someone with absolutely no experience at the job is looking for trouble. You would not do it with your business or like it at your job.

Have said over and over and over and over that I wanted an experienced college head coach back then. Did not want Clownahan by any means, but tried to support him to the bitter end.

Still do not want Bo fired, just not happy with the job he has done in some areas, very happy with the way he has ran the program, high graduation rates, kids staying out of trouble, no National spot light for infractions. He has done far better than I ever thought he would. My number one complaint with Bo is that he has turned this into a training program. Hiring friends or yes men. I am not sure if he is doing that on his own, or the purse strings are so tight he has no choice.

And I still remember the comments by 95% on the board, how Bo will turn it around instantly and we will be winning championships. On and On, we sweep the Big 12 the last year, we walk through the Big 10 the first year. These things did not happen, remember close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

He is learning the job, was not qualified for the job, we took a chance because it was the most economical way to get out of Pederson and Clownahan. Not a single one of you that own companies would hire a new CEO with that level of experience. You do not take that type of chance especially with a program in melt down.

He has done some very good things, and I think if given the time, he will figure it out. But the fans outside of the state of Nebraska are far more displeased with him than you guys think. Seldom does a week go by that I do not hear how bad people dislike him. His seat is lot hotter than some think, I think.

Beins you're from out of state, you know this. that is obvious. I have one thing to say about it though. f#*k'em. They obvoiusly dont know jack sh#t about the man aside from a tantrum or two during a 3 1/2 hour football broadcast THAT EVERY SINGLE COACH IN THE COUNTRY DOES AS WELL.

Not directing this towards you because I hear it from others too, but I am so sick and tired of this "Bo is hated outside of Nebraska" bs. Who gives a sh#t. These are opinions of people who seriously do not matter. If they are basing their opinion upon snippets of the most heated moments of his job, then they are too stupid for their opinion to mean anything more than dogshit on my boot.

And since he has a total of "2" friends outside of the state, their opinions don't f'ing matter anyway. Wonder if he goes state to state, and asks that question? "What do you think of Bo"?

I live in SoCal, drive a GMC Dually with Huskers accross the back window, normally wear a Nebraska tee shirt or sweatshirt. I get stopped like I said an average of once a week by another Nebraska fan. I live near Palm Springs, in the mountains above near Idyllwild. Both heavey tourist areas. When I work it is in the area of Temecula/Riverside and normally drive my own vehicle to work sites. So I cover a lot of ground, see a lot of people. I will say those that are dissatisfied out number the ones happy two to one.

California is the largest booster state as I understand it from Californians for Nebraska, so the thinking those people do not have an affect are contrary to your thoughts. When people stop sending money to the program and name the reason, it is heard, not so much at the beginning, but it is heard and the more that are unhappy the less the money comes in. I know, my wife will not send a penny until Bo is gone. Makes it hard for me, so just keep my mouth shut about Nebraska around here. lol

I must say that lately it has gone from what an embarassment Bo is on TV to not being prepared, lost in game settings and getting blown out in major games. Thenumber one question is. Do you think we are getting better?

As I have stated over and over, I think Bo has made tremendous progress on his image problems, and the reason for the blow outs are inexperienced coaches, from head to all assistants. That was caused when we hired him, not his fault by any means, but we could have done better and we should have. If he is let go, or leaves I hope we hire someone that knows how to be a head coach at the college lever, with years of experience. No more projects.

Again, I do not want him fired. I want him to do the job he was hired for, and do what he promised he would do. I know the recruiting the first year was in the tank when he took over, so I feel he deserves one more year at least to get his kids here. But if there are blow outs again next year I will most likely be done with Bo.

I live in SoCal, drive a GMC Dually with Huskers accross the back window, normally wear a Nebraska tee shirt or sweatshirt. I get stopped like I said an average of once a week by another Nebraska fan. I live near Palm Springs, in the mountains above near Idyllwild. Both heavey tourist areas. When I work it is in the area of Temecula/Riverside and normally drive my own vehicle to work sites. So I cover a lot of ground, see a lot of people. I will say those that are dissatisfied out number the ones happy two to one.

California is the largest booster state as I understand it from Californians for Nebraska, so the thinking those people do not have an affect are contrary to your thoughts. When people stop sending money to the program and name the reason, it is heard, not so much at the beginning, but it is heard and the more that are unhappy the less the money comes in. I know, my wife will not send a penny until Bo is gone. Makes it hard for me, so just keep my mouth shut about Nebraska around here. lol

I must say that lately it has gone from what an embarassment Bo is on TV to not being prepared, lost in game settings and getting blown out in major games. Thenumber one question is. Do you think we are getting better?

As I have stated over and over, I think Bo has made tremendous progress on his image problems, and the reason for the blow outs are inexperienced coaches, from head to all assistants. That was caused when we hired him, not his fault by any means, but we could have done better and we should have. If he is let go, or leaves I hope we hire someone that knows how to be a head coach at the college lever, with years of experience. No more projects.

Again, I do not want him fired. I want him to do the job he was hired for, and do what he promised he would do. I know the recruiting the first year was in the tank when he took over, so I feel he deserves one more year at least to get his kids here. But if there are blow outs again next year I will most likely be done with Bo.

These are his kids. All of them. Next year will be his first class to graduate. As long as Bo is winning 9-10 games a year most don't care about the blowout losses. Now if all these close games turned into losses they would be in the position we are which is being critical of Bo.

We beat some less that stellar teams barely, a win is a win I know. But thinking the blow outs are not pivitol is beyond belief. It shows little progress, displaying a level even worse than what Clownahan did. They can not continue, there is no reason for them to. Other than poor recruiting, lack of coaching ability or a lack of desire. Two this year and I believe two last year. A National Championship coach was fired within two years, a lot worse showing than ours, but ours could have very easily been close. That does not instill confidence.

Either way, I hope we get it together, Bo figures it out and he stays a long time. I am just saying it is not as peachy as some think, and I am pretty sure he is feeling the preasure. I truly hope he wins the ones he should next year, and displays the ability to play with elite level teams. I think the nation will figure Wisconsin is close to elite again after the Rose Bowl. Ohio State is.

We beat some less that stellar teams barely, a win is a win I know. But thinking the blow outs are not pivitol is beyond belief. It shows little progress, displaying a level even worse than what Clownahan did. They can not continue, there is no reason for them to. Other than poor recruiting, lack of coaching ability or a lack of desire. Two this year and I believe two last year. A National Championship coach was fired within two years, a lot worse showing than ours, but ours could have very easily been close. That does not instill confidence.

Either way, I hope we get it together, Bo figures it out and he stays a long time. I am just saying it is not as peachy as some think, and I am pretty sure he is feeling the preasure. I truly hope he wins the ones he should next year, and displays the ability to play with elite level teams. I think the nation will figure Wisconsin is close to elite again after the Rose Bowl. Ohio State is.

He did that this year.

One could make a case for Bo's staff making coaching up a two of those players- ie Hagg-Prince were only 3 stars out of HS- Baker, Potter, and Jared would've come to NU no matter who was coaching- anyway I guess the other few were good players sort of like what Bo has been recruiting one defense.

I'm glad you know the reasons we get blown out and the cause as well-

However, you'd be wrong in my opinion- I will say the reasons we get blown out is the other team scores 30+ more points than we do and it is because we either didn't score 30+ more or allowed 30+ more than we scored, also I feel Bo should be named imperial husker pooh-bah should he win 9-10 more games next season.

Skers, i was trying to gauge the credibility of your post. I understand now that you do talk to a good majority of out of state husker fans. But only boosters send in money. If you're not talking to boosters then what difference does it make. They are just fans, much like you and I

They are also fans that are not privey to the local media. Much like any other team out there, we may see a particular coach loose it and think he is a dick, and that will be all we see.

Out of staters won't see the pics in local papers or on local news sources that shows Bo's emotions, like on Sr. day. Or possibly the team Jack story, or see Bo wallking off the field with his own children.

He did that this year.

Gotta disagree on this one. We should have beaten both UCLA and Wisconsin (CCG).

Last year, we had 4 losses (Wisconsin, Michigan, and Northwestern in conference play, SC in the bowl). 3 of those were blowout losses, and the other was an upset AT HOME against a far inferior opponent.

This year, we have lost 3 games (UCLA, Ohio State, Wisconsin). 2 of them were blowouts, and all 3 were absolutely embarrassing performances by the defense.

I still am a Bo supporter, and I think better days to come. I attribute the bad defensive play this year mostly to lack of personnel at DL and LB. With that said, these last 7 losses that we have had are totally unacceptable. Getting embarrassed like that cannot continue to happen. If we were to lose by 5 or less instead of 30-40, it would be a lot better, and I realize that we would still probably bitch about the same amount about it, but at least it wouldn't be a total embarrassment. It's time to start getting it done on the field and eliminate the mistakes that have killed us recently (fumbles, penalties, etc.).