LB Devante Bond [Miami Commit]

Player: Devante Bond

Hometown: Roseville, Cali

School: Sierra C.C. (JUCO)

Position: LB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 230

40 time: 4.65

Offers: Fresno St., Houston, Kentucky, Miami (FL), Syracuse, UNLV, Utah St., Washington St.

(No offer from Nebraska yet, but Kaczenski stopped by his school today (12-6) and an offer may be coming soon)

qCkeN.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star

ESPN:

Our coaches really seem to like him a hybrid type player. He has 77 tackles on the year (26 are tackles for loss) and 17 sacks. He also forced 3 fumbles. He seems to be a great pass rusher.

Have we offered?

Not that I have heard of, yet at least. Its only a matter of time IMO. This guy mixed with Gregory is one heck of a pass rush. Add Hooks into the mix and that is a lethal combination.

Have we offered?

Not that I have heard of, yet at least. Its only a matter of time IMO. This guy mixed with Gregory is one heck of a pass rush. Add Hooks into the mix and that is a lethal combination.

Would love to see Hooks here. Don't think we have much of shot though. Would definitely be lethal.

Have we offered?

Would love to see Hooks here. Don't think we have much of shot though. Would definitely be lethal.

Which is sad

Have we offered?

Which is sad

Yes it is. You would think the "Suh Affect" would help. Still not paying off like it should though.

I'd take him at either LB or DE. We may be full at LB already for incoming freshmen, but IMO we could use a guy like this that could step into an OLB role right away. We have a lot of unproven guys who will be stepping into the LB spots, and having an older guy in there like this can only help.

Kaz stopped by to see him a few days ago and told him we wanted him as a stand up guy. Dude had 77 tackles and 17 sacks in 10 games. Kaz told him a more formal offer would be coming his way in a few days.

We need grown a** men like this at LB....get this kid on board STAT

I agree! I've heard that we might be seeing a lot more JUCO offers like this coming soon.

And we are officially K State :lol:

I don't like it either, but it seems to work for ole' Bill.

Until we start winning championships we are gonna be up against it trying to recruit top, top level guys and getting alot of them here out of High School. I really don't see a problem with getting a few JUCOs to fill in. Really when you think about it, it's like what Osborne used to do except TO was lucky and could use Prop 48 to get guys in early instead of having them go to JUCOs. When prop 48 went away, our recruiting battle really took a steep climb from a hill to a mountain.

JUCO LB's have been great to Nebraska for a long time, though. Terrell Farley, Demorrio Williams, Lavonte David...

JUCO LB's have been great to Nebraska for a long time, though. Terrell Farley, Demorrio Williams, Lavonte David...

I realize this. I was just joking because we are having to get so many JUCO defensive players this year. I hope they all come here though.

Man I loved this guys film! He gets off the line fast and has a nose for the QB! makes the OL look like lil kids with the ease to get around them to get to the QB or the RB. having a guy with 4.65 speed at DE would be a huge plus for us!

Don't care if we go after JUCO's or not temporarily...............we need some experience in some spots to allow the young guys to learn the way things are run before they can see A LOT of playing time. Once we start winning championships the recruits will come then.

Man would I welcome the sight of a 11-1 BCS eligible team. Who plays clean, sound football, and gets the most out of what little talent they can bring in. ;). In all seriousness, if thats what it takes, then go out and get experienced 2 year contributors.

• Upvote 1

This guy looks GREAT on film. Quick, great motor, aggressive, etc. 2 for 2?

This is what I would like to know as well.

3 to play 2.

Apparently only played one year of high school ball so could still have room for improvement.

I like his speed. I am a little concerned about how small they are having us become upfront, We are weak against the run partially cause we are getting pushed around upfront. I am ok with this as long as we have big tackles!!

Anything new on Bond, Devante Bond?

He visited Miami this weekend. Nothing new from my knowledge of his standing with NU, however

I haven't heard anything yet either. But he isn't as crucial right now. He wont graduate until the spring if I'm not mistaken. Plus, he is a luxury, not a necessity (like Hooks/Russel).