Marrow to Kentucky

It boggles my mind that our recruiting class hangs in the balance because of a graduate assistant.

Really? He is that much more valued by these guys than the full time coaches?

Yes, he actually recruits and does a pretty good job at it. I would love to see what the guy could do given the reigns as assistant coach and recruiting coordinator. He seems to just get it in terms of recruiting.

Hi everyone, I have been reading the boards for quite a while but have never posted. Always enjoy all the husker talk and especially like to follow recruiting. Anyways, here is what we seem to know. Without Marrow, landing Sandland will very tough. Also, Courtney Love and Marcus McWilson have said if Marrow leaves they will probably look elsewhere. Even Johnny Stanton is not sure what to make of this. Point blank we need to keep Marrow.

I agree that this is a big moment for Pelini. I think that the fact that nothing is official yet bodes well for Nebraska. Makes me wonder if they are trying to create a plan so that he will become one of our coaches immediately or after next season when his eligibility is up

Hi everyone, I have been reading the boards for quite a while but have never posted. Always enjoy all the husker talk and especially like to follow recruiting. Anyways, here is what we seem to know. Without Marrow, landing Sandland will very tough. Also, Courtney Love and Marcus McWilson have said if Marrow leaves they will probably look elsewhere. Even Johnny Stanton is not sure what to make of this. Point blank we need to keep Marrow.

I agree that this is a big moment for Pelini. I think that the fact that nothing is official yet bodes well for Nebraska. Makes me wonder if they are trying to create a plan so that he will become one of our coaches immediately or after next season when his eligibility is up

194de4bf-f916-4207-b38f-eb9959620e9f.jpg

This is a big loss, but it's inevitable that these things will happen. Marrow wasn't a full time positions coach here yet and he will have that at Kentucky.

Now I think it is a time to take a good hard look at the 2 OL coaches system. It is a luxury that I felt we could afford because of our situation where we had a GA coaching the tight ends, but that's no longer the case. But losing out connections with a few recruits, while disappointing, that will blow over in time.

I think Barney would be great to have somewhere in the administration. Say what you will you will about his coaching, but he is loyal to the university and a good representative of it. Barney has also had a heckuva time getting healthy, so a job away from the sidelines might be the best thing for him at this point.

This is a big loss, but it's inevitable that these things will happen. Marrow wasn't a full time positions coach here yet and he will have that at Kentucky.

Now I think it is a time to take a good hard look at the 2 OL coaches system. It is a luxury that I felt we could afford because of our situation where we had a GA coaching the tight ends, but that's no longer the case. But losing out connections with a few recruits, while disappointing, that will blow over in time.

I would be for Marrow being the recruiting coordinator and taking that hat off Els so he can focus on getting the train wreck that is special teams fixed.

• Fire 1