Protect our families!

Junior

Leave it up to liberals to use a tragedy to push their gay marriage agenda. sh**ty timing. Sorry. And no I'm not republican.

I'm more wondering why people view gays as a threat to their families, but not assault rifles. I think it is an interesting dichotomy, given the fact that many of the people supporting a ban on gay marriage would be the same complaining about a their second amendment rights.

• Fire 1

I don't see any threats to my family in those pictures unless one of the gay guys is a member of Congress.

You see gay congress members are a 'threat to your family'? Seriously?

I'd love for JJ to respond, but the way I read it it had nothing to do with 'Gay' whatsoever. It had everything to do with being a member of congress.

I think, again my interpretation, that you could put almost any subject matter and 'member of congress' with his quote. Don't call the ACLU.

This OP is just sad.

One of the most basic ingredients for a civil society is that the citizenry can distinguish between a person who disagrees with their politics and a person who is vicious. Pretty obvious which one the OP was.

Nothing like politicizing a tragedy with a hit to the head with a hammer to bring a community of people together.

I know it's cliche, but also true: "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."

It doesn't matter if the 2nd amendment is thrown away. The types of people who go on these shooting rampages will continue to get their hands on weapons. The focus should not be on gun control, but rather something that will make a positive difference such as stronger character education in schools. I'm not saying it will make a huge difference, but if it saves one life, it's worth it.