DT Ben Bradley [Auburn Commit]

corncraze

So we basically run a 2-4 except our DE's are down? So it isn't a 2-4 at all...ok continue

You really think the DEs we are recruiting are made for this formation? Look at McMullen look at Gregory look at Natter. These are not OLB hybrid DEs. Martin played due to his motor and inability to be a solid LB and our deficiencies at the DE position this season. he is the exception not the standard.

Gregory is actually only 240 pounds and is more of a hybrid 3-4 OLB, but I agree with you that those guys aren't the standard.

So we basically run a 2-4 except our DE's are down? So it isn't a 2-4 at all...ok continue

You really think the DEs we are recruiting are made for this formation? Look at McMullen look at Gregory look at Natter. These are not OLB hybrid DEs. Martin played due to his motor and inability to be a solid LB and our deficiencies at the DE position this season. he is the exception not the standard.

Gregory is actually only 240 pounds and is more of a hybrid 3-4 OLB, but I agree with you that those guys aren't the standard.

He is also 6'6", I don't know about you but I see a pure DE in him not OLB hybrid as was implied by ndobney for his 2-4 scheme. Of course we have experimented with different formations etc but we are nothing close to a 2-4 as our base package. We need big fast bodies on the DL to slow down the run IMHO.

I know you aren't agreeing with the 2-4 junk though so no worries :-) happy holidays!

He is also 6'6", I don't know about you but I see a pure DE in him not OLB hybrid as was implied by ndobney for his 2-4 scheme. Of course we have experimented with different formations etc but we are nothing close to a 2-4 as our base package. We need big fast bodies on the DL to slow down the run IMHO.

I know you aren't agreeing with the 2-4 junk though so no worries :-) happy holidays!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121101/HUSKERS/121109951 Hedley PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST. Obviously Rick Kaczenski thinks he is a hybrid and so do I, and we both know a lot more about football then you. Facts buddy FACTS!!!!!!

With the last few posts, this thread seems to have at least returned to discussion rather than personal attacks. In the event anyone is interested in continuing the personal attacks - fair warning; suspensions and possibly bans will follow. I don't care who "started it" - no more.

We're all Husker fans, let's remember. So, discuss, but don't attack.

Again, fair warning.

• Fire 1

Except for when they actually do stand up when they are pass rushing. Think before you post Hedley!!

Except for when they actually do stand up when they are pass rushing. Think before you post Hedley!!

Just because you stand up does not instantly move you to a 2-4.

I think June jones used a 2-4-5. He never had a good D. I want us to run a traditional 4-3 or 3-4! Only difference I want is us to just play better. I can't believe we(NU) needs to resort to some off the wall defense that Bo has never run. This 2-4-5 stuff seems like an over reaction to the CCG. That's the same team we beat in the regular season running a 4-3. We got beat plain and simple. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Bo knows what he is doing and we've all seen our D when he has the players. To me our defensive deficiencies is a personnel issue not a scheme issue. How many coaches are in their 5th year of head coaching combined at any level and have it all figured out! I've been patient and sometimes that's hard to be but I wanna see Bo have a few years to recruit to our new conference. I am confident he can get the guys he needs to get it done.

Also, can we all agree that maybe we weren't suppose to get to the CCG this year and maybe we overachieved a little. Point being, we got there without a team equipped to fully compete in the B1G.

We did however play a team that finished 3rd in the leaders division and got blown out. I don't think anyone is upset that we lost. That is football it will happen. It is all about getting run out of the building in epic beat down style when favored.

i believe most "experts"

Had us predicted to finish 3rd in our division was my point.

True, no one expected the B1G to be this bad this year either. We got spanked by an average team. When the lights are on us we have begun to crumble more and more as more of Bo's guys are on the roster. Hopefully this trend changes next season.

Not that it matters. But is 5.2 regarded as a fast or slow 40 for a DT?

for 315 id say pretty damn fast. I'm 6'0, 175 and when i ran the 40 i could never break the 5 second mark and i'm pretty fast.

Um.... No you're not.... :wasted

Yeah sorry blackshirts, fast would be like me: 4.6-7 40. Wait, this isn't the thread for personal gloating?

My bad.

Back on point, what are the chances to get this guy in a husker jersey?

Apparently he was suppose to make a decision yesterday but never did announce. Nothing has been brought up by any of the guys at Rivals but we are the current leader with Bradley. I haven't seen anything talked about on twitter and the last time anybody mentioned Bradley on twitter was on the 22nd.

Apparently he was suppose to make a decision yesterday but never did announce. Nothing has been brought up by any of the guys at Rivals but we are the current leader with Bradley. I haven't seen anything talked about on twitter and the last time anybody mentioned Bradley on twitter was on the 22nd.

I'm pretty sure his announcement is supposed to be today???