DT Ben Bradley [Auburn Commit]

corncraze

EZ is simply saying that because we look awfully thin at safety next year.

That position battle will be interesting to say the least. Do we even know who will be in that battle? C. Jackson, H. Jackson, Cooper?

Jackson, Cooper, Singleton, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gerry or McWilson are in the mix too. Then whoever moves from the CB position, I've heard possibly Green.

EZ is simply saying that because we look awfully thin at safety next year.

That position battle will be interesting to say the least. Do we even know who will be in that battle? C. Jackson, H. Jackson, Cooper?

Jackson, Cooper, Singleton, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gerry or McWilson are in the mix too. Then whoever moves from the CB position, I've heard possibly Green.

I think Mo would be a good SS. He's big and physical and I can't remember him missing tackles I like C Jackson as a Free Safety.

We just signed 3 Safeties in this class, plus are still looking at Willis plus we seem to be moving a CB to Safety. Almost over kill if you ask me. I wouldn't mind seeing a CB in this years class. I think Harvey will do fine, and since we will probably see Rose starting next year at CB, I wouldn't doubt if we see one of the CB's start next year at Safety. We have several good CB's and Safety would be a way to get that talent on the field. Cooper would add some depth.

We just signed 3 Safeties in this class, plus are still looking at Willis plus we seem to be moving a CB to Safety. Almost over kill if you ask me. I wouldn't mind seeing a CB in this years class. I think Harvey will do fine, and since we will probably see Rose starting next year at CB, I wouldn't doubt if we see one of the CB's start next year at Safety. We have several good CB's and Safety would be a way to get that talent on the field. Cooper would add some depth.

Willis is a CB and would be the big fish we are trying to get. The kid's a stud.

Willis is a CB and would be the big fish we are trying to get. The kid's a stud.

If we get Willis.. he will be starting next year by at least 3 games in.

Maybe at Safety. Who is he going to start in front of Evans?? Evans is one of the leaders on defense. Jonathan Rose?? Rose has experience, and was rated just as high or close to what Willis was coming out of high school. Mitchell?? Mitchell has been our number one coverage guy all year on a defense, and our pass defense already is one of the best in the nation, and as a junior he will be even better, and I doubt any Freshman will be able to walk in and just take his starting job. We also have a lot of depth at CB and a lot of Seniors. If he wants to play significant time next year it would have to be at Safety. He is capable at excelling at both positions.

Maybe at Safety. Who is he going to start in front of Evans?? Evans is one of the leaders on defense. Jonathan Rose?? Rose has experience, and was rated just as high or close to what Willis was coming out of high school. Mitchell?? Mitchell has been our number one coverage guy all year on a defense, and our pass defense already is one of the best in the nation, and as a junior he will be even better, and I doubt any Freshman will be able to walk in and just take his starting job. We also have a lot of depth at CB and a lot of Seniors. If he wants to play significant time next year it would have to be at Safety. He is capable at excelling at both positions.

The kid is a lockdown, put him on an island corner. I have no doubt Priest would eventually earn the right to start over guys like Green, Mitchell, Baptiste, and Seisay. He's that good.

Willis will not start at beginning of year but will get playing time. He may be starting by end of the year. He will play CB only, period. Hes a lockdown CB that can take away an entire side of the field that makes defense that much more easy to play and scheme.

Beat me to it Harry. Damn you, damn you, ahhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, I agree. IF WE LAND WILLIS, I don't see him starting a corner. We are just too deep there. We also have SBJ at corner, to go along with everything said above.

But lets get back to Benny...

The kid is a lockdown, put him on an island corner. I have no doubt Priest would eventually earn the right to start over guys like Green, Mitchell, Baptiste, and Seisay. He's that good.

Respect your opinion, but I feel if Priest were able to do that on our defense it would be more of an indictment on the ones you mentioned. I'd love to add a kid like Priest, but feel we wouldn't start. Would he play? Probably.

I like Ben the more I research him the more I like. A lot of people were thinking that we were going with a 3-4, but what I realized is that we are basically going to a 2-4. The OLB will most of the time be in a three point stance, but all you have to do is stand them up and it is a 2 -4. It is a combination of a 3-4 and a 4-3. Cause we already run a two gap with the DT's. Instead of having a DE NT DE. We have two DT's. Honestly though. The type of DEs Bo is now recruiting are Eric Martin like. The are basically OLB's and will play that at the next level. So I think of the defense as a 2-4 with a peso like players in Evans. soon I believe Thomas Brown may be our next peso type guy. But with that type of defense. I would think you would need a NT/DT hybrids at your tackle positions. You want them big because you are giving up size for speed at the LB and DE positions. but you also want them to be agile enough for willing in the gaps not only up the middle but the guard/tackle gaps as well. A DT at 310 would be a perfect size for that. I think Ben and Toby would be perfect for Bo's scheme. Any combination with these guys and VV would be great especially due to the fact we are in the Big ten