DT Ben Bradley [Auburn Commit]

corncraze

What's going on? I can't get into the site for some reason.

Here ya go. Ben Bradley was a long time commitment to the Vols and his his room mate Toby Honson was leaning harrd to coming to Tennessee. When the coaching change took place and the GA, Brandon Staley, who used to be his coach his first year at Hutchinson CC left UT, Bradley opened up his recruitment.

Bradley and Toby Johnson, took recruiting trips to Nebraska and Missouri. From what we heard, Toby Johnson liked Nebraska but was lukewarm on Missouri and Tennessee was out of consideration for Johnson. Bradley did not care for Nebraska and was about to commit to and sign with Mizzou but was told by his JUCO coach to wait a few days to let everything sink in after his trip to Columbia.

Now out of the blue we are hearing that Bradley gushing about his love for Nebraska and is likely a packaged deal to go there with Toby Johnson. We will soon see.

Ive heard Georgia might be slow playing Toby Johnson a little. Im not going to get all excited for the package deal quite yet....although Georgias Dline coach just went to Auburn....so this helps. Lets sign Bradley first, if this happens (which sounds like it will) then I think our chances will go up with Toby, a solid game against Georgia win or lose will go along way to help as well. If Georgia messes around with Toby too much and we sign Bradley we could pull an upset.

We should all be happy to get Bradley, so lets not get our hopes up on Toby and have a meltdown when he choses Georgia. We will be getting a good DT in Bradley whos still a little raw, but will be here in the spring so Kaz can coach him up and he has the size at 315 to help immediately, which is exactly what we need.

Ive heard Georgia might be slow playing Toby Johnson a little. Im not going to get all excited for the package deal quite yet....although Georgias Dline coach just went to Auburn....so this helps. Lets sign Bradley first, if this happens (which sounds like it will) then I think our chances will go up with Toby, a solid game against Georgia win or lose will go along way to help as well. If Georgia messes around with Toby too much and we sign Bradley we could pull an upset.

We should all be happy to get Bradley, so lets not get our hopes up on Toby and have a meltdown when he choses Georgia. We will be getting a good DT in Bradley whos still a little raw, but will be here in the spring so Kaz can coach him up and he has the size at 315 to help immediately, which is exactly what we need.

What do you think the chances are he follows the dline coach to Auburn?

I think they're trying to see if Johnson is open to a grey shirt there because of the knee. Or at least thats the rumor going around. I've never felt like we were out of it with him even when everyone thought he was a lock for Georgia. The coaches kept saying they were feeling good about our chances which is all we can ask for. I think sometimes our coaches get duped just a little because they are very honest with a player and sometimes a player isn't as honest back with them. I know that's happened with more than one kid we lost. We've been told I'm coming your way only to find out he's signing elsewhere. I guess I don't want a kid like that on the team, but I feel bad for a coach who's built a relationship with these kids only to have them yank the rug out so to speak. Such is life though.

I think they're trying to see if Johnson is open to a grey shirt there because of the knee. Or at least thats the rumor going around. I've never felt like we were out of it with him even when everyone thought he was a lock for Georgia. The coaches kept saying they were feeling good about our chances which is all we can ask for. I think sometimes our coaches get duped just a little because they are very honest with a player and sometimes a player isn't as honest back with them. I know that's happened with more than one kid we lost. We've been told I'm coming your way only to find out he's signing elsewhere. I guess I don't want a kid like that on the team, but I feel bad for a coach who's built a relationship with these kids only to have them yank the rug out so to speak. Such is life though.

Ya i bet i can think of a few that have done that right off the top of my head. Keep hearing that we are going to be just fine at DT this cycle, and we just need to wait and watch it play out, so i have som conifdence.

Also just read that Bradley has to take an online course before he can enroll early, and if he doesnt complete it he wont be here in Jan, so there is still a chance he might not make it here for spring ball. Auburn hasnt pursued Johnson yet that i know of and probably wont. I think these SEC teams are a little turned off by his injury when they know they can get someone that will contribute right away at a different position....kind of how were getting Adam Taylor. SEC has a win now mentality and its not a matter of IF they can fill their spots its picking and chosing the right recruits who can help them sooner rather then later. It helped us get Adam Taylor, could help us get Toby.

Its the chance we have to take because we cant pull the 5 star talent to this state, SEC teams dont have to take that chance, they have guys like Cook who we lost to Alabama knocking down their door to come play for them.

Sounds alot like a Jordan Diggs type of situation, IMO.

I wasn't too high on this guy right out of the gate, I had guys like Toby, Hooks, and Russel ahead of him. But I don't really know why. Ben is a :star :star :star :star on every recruiting site except ESPN (where he is a high 3 star) and he has a very good offer list. Obviously he has impressed all of the recruiting sites and a lot of good programs from around the country. So heck, I'll jump on in the boat too. chuckleshuffle

We could use Diggs next year..

Whatever happened to Diggs?

Whatever happened to Diggs?

Went to South Carolina