A lot of ferentz to Kansas City talk...that would make sense...

As a Chiefs fan this is complete :facepalm:

There are still Chiefs fans?

More seriously, its Black Friday for NFL coaches, and for USC. The faceplant they did in the Sun Bowl should make it open season on those recruits. They might be off the bowl ban, but they still have some scholarship limitations, and they go out like that.

I think there are 3 already looking elsewhere. Vanderdoes is the one I want our staff to go after.

I don't think one game for USC is going to make a difference for 99.9% of their recruits. I would be surprised if any actually decommit, barring Kiffin going somewhere else or over commiting. As bad as that game was for them, it is still a much better showing than us in the B1G 10 CG. I think we should see how we do tomorrow before we judge Bowl performances. That's not being negative, just a point that many recruits don't base it on one game.

I don't think one game for USC is going to make a difference for 99.9% of their recruits. I would be surprised if any actually decommit, barring Kiffin going somewhere else or over commiting. As bad as that game was for them, it is still a much better showing than us in the B1G 10 CG. I think we should see how we do tomorrow before we judge Bowl performances. That's not being negative, just a point that many recruits don't base it on one game.

Vanderdoes and 2 others have already decommited.

It's been mentioned that he may have been misled as to the likelihood of NCAA sanctions and that this may be used in negating (or at least negotiating) the buyout.

Misled..? How does anyone with a TV not know that that program was going down?

It was not a lock that the NCAA would get involved with what is essentially a criminal matter. A lot of people still think they shouldn't have. It is not at all far fetched to think that Obrien was not expecting NCAA sanctions of this magnitude or his roster bring declared open season.

And considering the news during the bowl game about the Pennsylvania AD contesting the NCAA's judgement against PSU for the Sandusky matter, it only lends credence to the notion that Penn State told O'Brien that the Sandusky issue wouldn't blow back on the team...and that O'Brien may feel he was sold a lie as a result.

However, looking at what Penn State signed, as well as the questions about the Second Mile charity's finances that were quickly shut down after PSU agreed to the NCAA's penalties...I'd be hard pressed to think Penn State will get out of this, or more importantly, keep O'Brien as a result.

The Mora to SD rumor is one that I have only heard on HB. That is the one I hope is true!

Kelly to the NFL makes me wonder who Oregon has that we may want to try and get back in with.

I haven't heard that rumor anywhere else either. Does anyone think it is likely that Mora leaves UCLA? Would love to get a shot at those linemen and possibly push Priest Willis more our way. I tried to go over to a few UCLA boards but couldn't find anyone who thought Mora would leave.

The Mora to SD rumor is one that I have only heard on HB. That is the one I hope is true!

Kelly to the NFL makes me wonder who Oregon has that we may want to try and get back in with.

I haven't heard that rumor anywhere else either. Does anyone think it is likely that Mora leaves UCLA? Would love to get a shot at those linemen and possibly push Priest Willis more our way. I tried to go over to a few UCLA boards but couldn't find anyone who thought Mora would leave.

If you Google Mora to Chargers you will find the speculation by he press. Basically the Owner of the Chargers met with Mora while UCLA was in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl.

If you Google Mora to Chargers you will find the speculation by he press. Basically the Owner of the Chargers met with Mora while UCLA was in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl.

I'm hoping it is only a rumor because as a Charger fan I would hate for them to hire Mora as their coach. Dean Spanos (owner of the Chargers) has a nephew on the UCLA roster so he may have simply been talking to Jim about his nephew. Or maybe getting some tips on potential draftees.