What did we learn

That this will be the norm as long as Pelini is head coach. 10 wins/year, terrible post-seasons. Never being able to take it to the next level.

That's what everyone said about Osborne

Yep... remember the 80's?

I was part of the crowd that said TO was not as good as BD, and I was right for 20 years. The last 5 years TO was the greatest of all time. But TO never lost 4 games in a season.

I think yall need to calm down. This is Richt's first bowl win in 4 years. You don't go firing ten-win guys or you end up like Auburn or Tennessee. Build on your successes. Jesus, yall need some xanax. And rest assured, if UGA lost today, I'd be giving this same speech to them.

Great seasons for both teams, a hell of a game, Burkhed (sp) is a mean mean cornhusker machine. I think your coaching is 100% legit, speeding up plays, UGA defense not getting set, etc. Exploiting everything they could.

I know it means jack sh#t from a UGA fan, on this day, but Nebraska did prove they are a legit team. Go into 2013 with whatever momentum you can get out of this, and get better. That's what good teams do. They don't hee and haw on the internet about this or that. You take your medicine, ingest the agony of defeat, and make yourself stronger.

Again, to repeat, I know it sucks to hear it from a UGA fan today, but yall are right where UGA was ending 2011, losing our conference champ game in a blowout, and then losing in OT for our sh**ty bowl game.

You come back, there is another year.... build on your failure.... turn it into opportunity.

I think yall need to calm down. This is Richt's first bowl win in 4 years. You don't go firing ten-win guys or you end up like Auburn or Tennessee. Build on your successes. Jesus, yall need some xanax. And rest assured, if UGA lost today, I'd be giving this same speech to them.

Great seasons for both teams, a hell of a game, Burkhed (sp) is a mean mean cornhusker machine. I think your coaching is 100% legit, speeding up plays, UGA defense not getting set, etc. Exploiting everything they could.

I know it means jack sh#t from a UGA fan, on this day, but Nebraska did prove they are a legit team. Go into 2013 with whatever momentum you can get out of this, and get better. That's what good teams do. They don't hee and haw on the internet about this or that. You take your medicine, ingest the agony of defeat, and make yourself stronger.

Again, to repeat, I know it sucks to hear it from a UGA fan today, but yall are right where UGA was ending 2011, losing our conference champ game in a blowout, and then losing in OT for our sh**ty bowl game.

You come back, there is another year.... build on your failure.... turn it into opportunity.

Thank you! I agree with you! I don't know how it is on your board but what you're reading from some folks on this board is what happens here after any loss. Even if we would've won, there would be folks who would've complained.

It was a heckuva game. I'm proud of our boys. We made y'all sweat if only for a little bit.

Don't be a stranger! Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you again next year!

• Fire 1

I think it's clear that the coaching is good, but we need better recruiting.

Pollack and Palmer were right all day long - Nebraska hung in there with slower, smaller and less talented players. Yes, there are a few playmakers on this team, but Georgia simply had more talent.

Coaching is subpar. 595 yards given up today. 70 points given up last game. That's not good coaching, at least on the defensive side of the ball. Watch the game again and count the missed blocks. Also, in the second half there were significant penalties on the O-Line at inopportune times. The team has talent at the skill positions but the offensive line and defense has underperformed. Special teams were less than adequate this season as well. Either schematic changes or bringning in more seasoned assistants are the most obvious answers. Recruiting will help as well, but if the talent cannot be coached up or even retained, then it is a coaching problem.

I respect your outside opinion. I am not one calling for Bo's head. However, I am calling for Bo to learn from his mistakes and demanding him and the school do what is necessary to bring NU back to the table of the elite. Does Bo have the ability to do that? This offseason and next year will determine that.

Bo knows defense.

:sarcasm

I actually thought the D gameplan was pretty decent. They played over there head for most of the game. They finally got exposed for there lack of athleticism. They tried to attack and it worked for a while.

Bo needs to get some athletes on D and all will be fine.

They are sitting on the bench because they don't understand the complicated defensive playbook.

I learned that:

-Reese seemed to be getting rather uncomfortable when Palmer and Pollock started verbally fellating each other in the booth. That, or he was just mad he couldn't get in on the action.

-We have a consistent, good offense that can score more than enough to win against anyone.

-We have a secondary that may have obtained their high defensive ranking due to *who* we played moreso than *how* we played.

-We need a new special teams coach and focus, as our play was consistently inconsistent throughout the year. :)

Thanks for the perspective, Deeprig9. Hope you stay and keep posting here--we need more viewpoints from outside of our own echo chamber around here.

Bo knows defense.

:sarcasm

I actually thought the D gameplan was pretty decent. They played over there head for most of the game. They finally got exposed for there lack of athleticism. They tried to attack and it worked for a while.

Bo needs to get some athletes on D and all will be fine.

This defensive staff is bad. Below are the worst 8 defensive performances (yards allowed) in NU history. Three of them are from this year! Two of the 3 worst defensive games in the history of NU football were this year. The Georgia game also broke the record from 1966 for worst defensive performance in a bowl game. Here is the link to the stats

http://www.huskermax.com/records/2011/2011records.pdf

Oklahoma (1956) 656

UCLA (2012) 653

Wisconsin (2012) 640

Notre Dame (1948) 620

Washington (1991) 618

Ball State (2007) 610

Missouri (2007) 606

Georgia (2012) 589

Bo's been pretty good about evaluating and adjusting in the offseason. Several years ago, he took steps to make sure the offense improved, and look how well that has worked out. Last year, he took steps to improve player accountability and leadership, and I think the 6-game winning streak and the series of comebacks make it hard to argue that we didn't make progress in that department.

Now, he needs to fix the defense. He did it once already, when he came in after 2007. Success next year will likely depend on whether or not the coaches put our young athletes on defense in a position to succeed. We talk all the time about adjusting your offensive scheme to fit your players' strengths - we need to see that on defense in order to get better immediately.

1. That Burkhead is a beast. Taylor not so much.

2. That we need a pipeline like we used to have. We need to focus on recruiting both "O" and "D" lines.

3. That our secondary is good.

4. That our receivers are good.

5. That we probably won't legitimately contend for the MNC next year.

6. That we need to start thinking about the next Nebraska quarterback and getting enough snaps for the backup to make a difference.

7. That our team discipline was better but still needs work.

8. That the Jimmies and Johnies matter more than the X's and O's(all things being equal)

9. That we need to focus on practice, practice and more practice.

10. That until we win up front consistently, we will not contend for national championships or BCS bowl victories.

11. That I still root for and love the big red. I am going to deck out my office with Husker gear in San Antonio.

I think it's supposed to be Joe's...you know so the saying has a RHYME in it?! :)