Defensive Coordinator

Don't think we want to pay a DC 2 mil ........ if something goes wrong...it is really hard to buy out a HC contract, let alone if you owe 1 assistant 2 mil......yikes.....talk about signing your life (football terms) away.

Now, I would like to see Nebraska open up the pocket book and pay a large sum for an established DC.....but I was thinking more in the range or 700-750k, not 2 million

OK, forget the $2 million. Would NU have been any better this year with Stoops, and was there anyone else that Bo could have hired last years that would have made NU substantially better this year. Lets assume that Bo would have given complete control of the D to the new DC,

Bo will never hand over full control we are stuck with the coaches we have

Bo is the Defensive coordinator you're kidding yourself if you think Coach Pap does anything more than just agree with Bo and smile

I completely agree, I am just asking what if. It is also annoying that Bo has a high paid yes man on staff.

my bad i see what you're saying in that case i would like a clone of nick saban

I really do not think the defense is a coaching problem, I think Bo knows what to do, but does not have the talent level he needs. Vicious cycle with recruiting. Not good enough to get the best, not bad enough for some to want to come and fix the problem.

Some say we will be worse next year on the Dline, some say better. Bo said he should have burned some of the Defensive red shirts this year, but like all of us hind sight is a lot better. That is what drove me nuts this year, thinking we had young studs on the sidelines that could help us, but saving them for growth and development so we can have them 4 years of playing time. I would have rather seen some of them get their feet wet and have a clue of what next year brings.

I think the team played about as well as it could today, and in honesty think they did pretty good, until we went away from the run. But who knows.

We have a long off season, hopefully things will get figured out by spring. Praying the recruiting picks up for the Dline and Oline.. Although at times the Oline looked good as did the Dline. Which makes believe it is recruiting and depth, more so than coaching. Need to get to work either way.

But thinking Bo is not running the D seems silly to me. P is learning, hopefully he will improve over the next year which will allow Bo to concentrate on the things he needs to.

• Fire 1

I really do not think the defense is a coaching problem, I think Bo knows what to do, but does not have the talent level he needs. Vicious cycle with recruiting. Not good enough to get the best, not bad enough for some to want to come and fix the problem.

Some say we will be worse next year on the Dline, some say better. Bo said he should have burned some of the Defensive red shirts this year, but like all of us hind sight is a lot better. That is what drove me nuts this year, thinking we had young studs on the sidelines that could help us, but saving them for growth and development so we can have them 4 years of playing time. I would have rather seen some of them get their feet wet and have a clue of what next year brings.

I think the team played about as well as it could today, and in honesty think they did pretty good, until we went away from the run. But who knows.

We have a long off season, hopefully things will get figured out by spring. Praying the recruiting picks up for the Dline and Oline.. Although at times the Oline looked good as did the Dline. Which makes believe it is recruiting and depth, more so than coaching. Need to get to work either way.

But thinking Bo is not running the D seems silly to me. P is learning, hopefully he will improve over the next year which will allow Bo to concentrate on the things he needs to.

+1

I agree 100% with this.

+1

I agree 100% with this.

Agree also, but would add that no other coaches would have been able to do any better with the amount of injuries we had on Defense.