What do you think?

I do think with the way the NFL is trending he will get picked up to come into the game and run zone read packages(the new wildcat). However, i dont know if anyone will hold onto him b/c he fumbles when hes hit way too easy. Turnovers are the fastest way out of the NFL.

I agree 007. Now do you think he has a shot at the pros at QB?

Nah. Maybe in the indoor football league. Not saying that as a bad thing, but it seems to be the more quick paced game where speed is key. He's just not big enough to play a position other than QB, and he would a 0% of playing QB in the pros. However like others have said, i think it would be cool to pull an oregon a few times and spread him out wide, put Armstrong at QB. We have so many weapons its unbelievable. And with another year in the same system we should be able to utilize them and be top 5 in the nation in offense. I imagine something like armstrong in the shotgun, taylor at wide out, motion taylor, armstrong hikes it, hands it to taylor on a reverse and taylor having a pass/run option. We will be deadly next year if we can get the diamond formation used more. Taylor, Ameer, Braylon, and Cross or one of the stud freshman. That would be a nightmare for defenses with how many options we would have. We have the talent and speed. I'm excited already just thinking about it!!!

I don't see him as a WR except in a change up (say, Jamalcat). I think he keeps playing QB and shows NFL teams maybe what they could do with him in a wildcat position. Or maybe RB, Denard Robinson is going that route.

Biggest opportunity Taylor has is to grow even more as a QB and take care of the ball.

I don't see him as a WR except in a change up (say, Jamalcat). I think he keeps playing QB and shows NFL teams maybe what they could do with him in a wildcat position. Or maybe RB, Denard Robinson is going that route.

Biggest opportunity Taylor has is to grow even more as a QB and take care of the ball.

I agree. I also didn't think Crouch would get picked up in the draft either though so maybe they'll see something they like and pick him up late. Although next year is gonna be deep for Qb's whereas this year it's thin (I know he's staying, just saying). As far as his fumbles, I'd say about half were from blindside hits from his left side over his time here. But I really do think he could be a quick slot type guy ala Welker or the like.

Taylor is right for the Huskers system. Taylor, in no way shape or form would make it in the pros. As has been mentioned already, he fumbles WAY too much for the NFL. He has proven over and over, that he does not like to get hit and if he slowed down once in the NFL, they would literaly kill him.

Crouch was a big wuss once he got to the NFL. After the Rams, he had no chance of being good in the NFL.

He's already a very good quarterback. If his pocket awareness improves just a little bit more, and he somehow gets better at hanging onto the ball, he'll have a legitimate shot at getting invited to New York. I seriously believe that.

Just look at how much he's improved his passing every single year, there's no doubt in my mind he's going to put up huge numbers next year.

backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team hah

Nobody is saying they want anyone else to start??

This is a completely just get the thoughts a flowing as I am a staunch T-Mart follower since he was jsut a 3* recruit. But what would you guys think of him playing at WR or scatback this year either in packages or full time? I just say this because as much as I'd love it, he would never have a shot in the pros at the position. (bigger suprises have happened though) And he has Devin Hester type speed so slot reciever could be a spot if he has the hands and the drive to go pro... Thoughts?

I also think that It could be a good way to get Armstrong some use out of this year of eligibility if he IS all he's cracked up to be. Obviously, I want what gives us the best chance to win though.

No. He's the perfect qb in our system. I guarantee you if Armstrong started over Taylor next year we would not win as many games. Armstrong is good but Taylor is a leader and is improving every single game. I'm super excited to see him after another year with Calhoun. He's back to full speed, made it through a year injury free surprisingly, and dramatically improved in passing. What he needs to work on is throwing the ball out of bounds when there is too much pressure, and not forcing plays on the run. Taylor will be in heisman talk next

//////////////////////////

\

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Nah. Maybe in the indoor football league. Not saying that as a bad thing, but it seems to be the more quick paced game where speed is key. He's just not big enough to play a position other than QB, and he would a 0% of playing QB in the pros. However like others have said, i think it would be cool to pull an oregon a few times and spread him out wide, put Armstrong at QB. We have so many weapons its unbelievable. And with another year in the same system we should be able to utilize them and be top 5 in the nation in offense. I imagine something like armstrong in the shotgun, taylor at wide out, motion taylor, armstrong hikes it, hands it to taylor on a reverse and taylor having a pass/run option. We will be deadly next year if we can get the diamond formation used more. Taylor, Ameer, Braylon, and Cross or one of the stud freshman. That would be a nightmare for defenses with how many options we would have. We have the talent and speed. I'm excited already just thinking about it!!!

Well, maybe in a package as a WR. As it's been suggested the advantages would be that it gives Armstrong a chance to get on the field and Tmart in space with his speed. He'd have to play the slot or go in motion. We have plenty of good receivers so I wouldn't use it a lot.

I don't think you gain anything putting him as a RB

Full time? No. We invested 4 years in Tmart as a QB. It wouldn't make sense to move him as a SR. Plus we have no experience there.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I'm sorry, I must not be able to read. I thought it was half of the discussion in this thread. I'll just go ahead and see my way out of it.