Only 4 Teams With 9+ Wins Each Season Since 2008

skers I agree philosophically with a lot of where you're coming from, but I just feel like you predict struggling-to-get-6-win seasons all the time. It doesn't end up happening, so while our empirical success is arguably a little bit of smoke and mirrors, I feel you are also consistently pessimistic about our future prospects. Nothing wrong with that, of course, although maybe at some point you might revise your expectations upwards?

I said this year I thought we would lose 5 or 6 and in honesty if it had not been for a couple of things unusal happening it would have been that. I quit swallowing the KoolAid. That is what drives me the nutties. If you do not feel the way the sunshine pumpers feel you are anti fan. Trust me I listen to more crap about how great we are than I put back.

I do not think we are a bad program. But we are not where some/most seem to think we are. Do you honestly feel that 10 freshman that have not see the field will be automatcially better than what we had this year. What would give you that idea. It has taken X number of years for this group to start and in honesty were not very good. Kids that have never played a down are going to walk in and be world beaters. Or as some seem so happy about a weak schedule to get us there. That is not the Nebraska I know and love.

Zoogies you are always level headed, tell me honestly you feel the Rose Bowl is the minimum this team should expect, a disappointment if not achieved. That is what set me off.

Realistic expectations is what I would like to hear. WE all want them to win them all, but I never expect it. We are dealing with kids, not professional athletes. If your child was in a sport would you put that type of preasure on him to win. Doubtful.

Could you name the last Oregon, Boise State and Alabama blow out loss, as we are comparing ourselves with this group.

In the time frame in question

Alabama's largest margin of defeat was 14 points vs #19 South Carolina 35-21 in 2010

Boise St largest margin of defeat was by 4 this season at Mich State 17-13

Oregon's largest margin of defeat was by 13 points vs #4 LSU in 2011 40-27.

Never by more than 2 scores.

• Fire 1

Just because someone looks at things differently than the Pony/Koolaid crew does not mean they are not fans.

If you do not see problems, more power to you. But if you had problems at home, would you bury your head in the sand and say it will be okay in a year or two, maybe three.

We listen to the KoolAid crew continously about how it so much better, some do not see that.

I think we will get better, but it most likely is not going to be next year, or the following year, with a brand new QB, as I doubt anyone but Taylor sees the field next year. Again no planning as with this year.

I see coaching problems with no real solution to the problems, IE redshirted DL when we did not have enough to field a team this year. No back up QB with a snap for next year.

Can these things be corrected, yes, but just blindly believing they are fine does not fix the problem and it has not for a long time.

Again, I think they can be fixed, but if you were looking at another team with the same problems we have you would not be saying the same things.

Okay...what?

1. I founded the Pony Posse, not that that is relevant at all, and I know we have problems that need addressing. My head isn't buried in the sand, but it's also not only specifically looking at what's wrong either. It's also celebrating and being glad for what's good. The truth is that there is more good than bad. There are more good than bad players. There are more clean, productive members of society on the team than criminals and thugs. There are more wins than losses. There is more commitment towards our athletics department's pillars (integrity, teamwork, respect, etc.) than towards money, greed and winning at any cost. Any way you spin it, there is more good than bad.

2. I see you trying to make some point about our backup quarterbacks, but I fail to see what point you're making. First of all, our #2, Ron Kellogg, got snaps this year, in two games. However, it was a unique situation. The reason for this is that Tommy Armstrong was the "real" #2 quarterback in case of injury to Taylor, but we were not going to burn his redshirt unless we had to, so Ron was de facto backup for mop-up duty. Tell me, would you have rather we wasted Armstrong's redshirt? That sounds like way worse planning than what the staff actually did, which involved planning.

3. You have a minor point to be made as far as the defensive line - although we still fielded a unit. It's not as if we all the sudden were running a 4-3 with one missing lineman. Bo has admitted that if he did it over he wouldn't have redshirted all those guys, but does that sound like carelessly not having a plan, or trying to plan? Because you're accusing our coaching staff of not planning, but if anything they plan too much. Sometimes you make mistakes, and you learn from them.

4. Not many on this board blindly believe everything is fine. I would even go so far as to say that I can't think of a single person that does.

• Fire 2

I don't think what skersfan is saying about what is wrong with the team that is the problem. It's the fact that is all he ever posts about that I believe what rubs people the wrong way. I don't believe I've seen him post anything positive about the team or congratulating them after a hard fought victory, and if he has, then it is not too often. When people see him saying things that are only negative about the team, they get tired of it and that is when they start attacking him.

• Fire 4

Look...nobody likes the blowouts. And it does show we are not elite yet. You have to come ready to compete in EVERY game. That said, I think we took steps forward this year. We had some very good wins against very good opponents. You cannot just look at the bad losses and not the wins against Michigan, MState, the other NU and a surprisingly good Penn State. You can't just attribute those comebacks to "luck" either. We put ourselves in position to win those games and we showed heart. We just were not consistently great. Our flashes of greatness are getting longer each year. We are on the right path. We just are not there yet.

And yes, I am cautiously excited for next year. We will be frustrated in the first quarter of the year as the inexperienced players gain experience, but I think we will be surging by the end of the year.

I don't, however, think we will overtake OState. They have out recruited us for a long time now - even pre-Urban.

You're right. We aren't close, we are such a horrible team and we suck. We should close up ship and send our recruits to Omaha maybe creighton can make a team and do better.

Are you serious. In all games excluding the god forsaken big10 championship we competed. Even Ohio st we were going neck and neck with them. We have the horses to compete we aren't that bad my goodness. The concern is when something bad happens the flood gates open and we fall apart. That's coaching and can be fixed in a season if they figure it out. We need leadership or the one guy who is willing to do something extrodanary to lift the team up. This board is always doom and gloom goodness gracious

Obviously I know creighton has no team I was trying to be as absurd as the people in this topic.

9 wins consecutively is impressive and I'm happy Nebraska is relevant to the nation again. We won't have a 90s again I am sure. Lose the blowouts (for the love of god please) and we are there.

Everyone knows all this - but the statistic still has merit. Why? Because how many other teams have done what we've done? How many? Oh, only three? And they're all perennial BCS and Championship contenders or winners?

Well, we aren't, but we're in the same company, which means we are, at the very least, close.

70-31 is not "close".

We're much, much further away than we were 3 years ago.

• Fire 1

I haven't always been a glass half full guy. As I approach my senior years (I'm now 60) I realize life can throw me a curve any day and my situation could change. Knowing that, I see how a teams fortunes can change from week to week because of injuries or players leaving for whatever reason. What I saw in the Wisc game was a team struggling with injury. Yes Bo could have pulled a redshirt on a couple of kids to plug the holes but then some would have said he wasted a whole season for one or two games. Maybe Bo thought he is a good enough coach that he could scheme us to victory. Maybe he thought the offense could outscore them even if our D struggled. Perhaps Bo was being loyal to this senior class and wouldn't sit them to let rookies take over. We know Bo is loyal to his family. Whatever, it didn't happen for this defense this year.

I know this team has weak spots and serious problems with depth at most positions. The offense has taken a 180 degree turn in 5 years. From being an anemic, hope we can move the ball enough to get a FG to a team that is able to move the ball against the best defenses. The defense has struggled lately, painfully so, I think the coaches have recruited well enough the last 3 years that help is on the way. All the problems won't be solved this year but we have the capability to be better. I'm along for the ride win or loose.

• Fire 1

I really wish we would quit with this comparison. The others have won something, anything and are far above us. It is embarassing to so proud of this. Great we won 9 games, have we won anything that means anything. We need to set our goals higher than being one of four to win 9 games since. Not a single person in the country cares but us.

Sorry to be a dick about it, but we continue to lower what is acceptable. Throw in a conference championship and it sounds good, but throw in a few blow outs, embarassing losses on the National scene and it really means little.

Glad we won the games, but would much prefere we win some that were not supposed to. That would be a step up.

Everyone knows all this - but the statistic still has merit. Why? Because how many other teams have done what we've done? How many? Oh, only three? And they're all perennial BCS and Championship contenders or winners?

Well, we aren't, but we're in the same company, which means we are, at the very least, close.

That pretty much just means that we have played an easy schedule. The lack of trophies menas that we get exposed when we do play a good team. Esp with the way we have lost the last two years in those games. If we were to play those other three teams, we would prob beat Boise, but Oregon and Alabama would name thier score against us.

• Fire 1

I really wish we would quit with this comparison. The others have won something, anything and are far above us. It is embarassing to so proud of this. Great we won 9 games, have we won anything that means anything. We need to set our goals higher than being one of four to win 9 games since. Not a single person in the country cares but us.

Sorry to be a dick about it, but we continue to lower what is acceptable. Throw in a conference championship and it sounds good, but throw in a few blow outs, embarassing losses on the National scene and it really means little.

Glad we won the games, but would much prefere we win some that were not supposed to. That would be a step up.

LOL. you are funny. if this was a round table disscussion we would be the odd ones out when it came to talking about how many BCS bowl trophies and Conference Titles we have. We would be the uninvited guest at a party.

That pretty much just means that we have played an easy schedule. The lack of trophies menas that we get exposed when we do play a good team. Esp with the way we have lost the last two years in those games. If we were to play those other three teams, we would prob beat Boise, but Oregon and Alabama would name thier score against us.

We would lose to Boise 8 most years (over the past 8). Boise State and NU are polar opposites... Boise plays hard every play, every player regardless of score; NU does not... Boise plays with fantastic focus, great fundamentals, and they play smart; NU does none of these things... Boise wins most halftime adjustments and has excellent game plans; NU does not... Boise gets 100% of the possible performance from their talent; NU does not. Sure, the Huskers have more talent than Boise State (by a sizable amount)... but BSU range year in and year out (last 8 years) somewhere between a slightly better team than NU to a vastly superior football team. I'd say if that if BSU played NU each of the past 8 years or so NU would be about 2-6 or so against them... and if I am really, really generous, perhaps 3-5 or 4-4 against them). So no... NU is quite a bit behind BSU (these past 8 years)... historically, of course, NU is the vastly superior program... but that was then, this is now.

This is a cop out. Take a look at Georgia's schedule, and tell me that we wouldn't have ended with the same record we had this year. Take a look at Oregon's schedule - with this year's team, I'm guessing we would have gone 9-3 or 10-2 in the regular season as well.

Husker nation still can't collectively agree upon whether our schedule has been brutal or easy. When we want to feel good about ourselves, it's brutal. When we want to be pessimistic, it was a lousy schedule. Well, what gives? I personally think we played an awful schedule - we got every single one of the B1G's best (which, as we've seen this bowl season, is very nearly on par with any other conference in the country) back to back to back to back to back to etc.