Greatest RB era (4 years) in NU history

What do you think is the greatest RB era in NU history?

I think it is the Craig, Rosier, Rathman era of 82-85. All 3 were NFL pros and of course Rosier - the Heisman man and our best all time back IMO.

You can throw in QBs Gill and Taylor that added to the running total

Can the Philips, Benning, Green era match it? Is there another 4 year period that could be better?

You can throw in QBs Frazier and Frost that added to the running total.

I have to go with 95-98. Starting in 95 with the incredible depth at that spot. Not only the unmatched skill of Phillips, but you had the plugins of Benning, Childs and Green. Hell, even Jay Sims woulda started for probably all 7 other teams in the conference at the time. Obviously Green in the next two years developed into as great as he was. Then we lead into 1998 and Alexander and Buckhalter. Correll Buckhalter was a consistent contributor in the NFL for a while. And the forgotten man of this era because of how he exited the program is DeAngelo Evans. He was as much a great talent as Lawrence Phillips and Ahman Green, but may have felt just a little entitled.

• Fire 1

I think it is the Craig, Rosier, Rathman era of 82-85. All 3 were NFL pros and of course Rosier - the Heisman man and our best all time back IMO.

Can the Philips, Benning, Green era match it? Is there another 4 year period that could be better?

Jeff Smith, Doug Dubose, and Keith Jones also fall somewhere in the 82-85 range. I'll go with that time era.

Jeff Smith, Doug Dubose, and Keith Jones also fall somewhere in the 82-85 range. I'll go with that time era.

Jones was 84-87

Dubose was 83-86

Jeff Smith was 81-84

The first Husker game I attended was in Boulder where Jones ran wild. Only saw the first five and the last five of about a 60 yard TD run right at me because my frozen feet would let me stand up quickly enough to see over the people in front of me.

Phillips, Benning, Green era

I was too young to remember Rozier, Craig, and Rathman, so I've gotta agree with speed. Green, at one pont, was fourth string. If Ahman Green is your fourth string RB...you've transcended the phrase "deep at the position."

My dad says, if forced, he'd have to say Rozier was the best he ever saw in the backfield. Said Phillips was a close second.

I idolized Doug Dubose when I was a kid. I loved his running style. I loved Keith 'End Zone' Jones too. Dude was the bomb.

96441f68505e6ea8ccfab68d441b22a8e353e421.jpg?x=665&y=462&sig=848df7a79eb4646740d1b4a6e4601f78

cd07d9a3c183d9e66049a948768b9b44ddd912a6.jpg?x=578&y=744&sig=338ab43330658dd4cdcdf43a917231bb

keith_jones1.jpg

0956161abee07f4621f5eebba3d36aa38d8fd308.jpg?x=479&y=744&sig=c434558e95b7315683beff1bacd41377

8cddb4b216438815d113779d6f70e20d318c833b.jpg?x=271&y=326&sig=abdf3984e13c9205471115f6d87ddc53

These are 2 amazing groups, but the NFL for the 82-85 group isn't fair it was a different league then and Phillips didn't live up to his potential in the League.