Fisher 6th Year? (Page 2 Update)

QMany

He most defintely could be the Joe Ganz of the linebackers.

And by that I assume you mean help coach the LBs and not play like what Joe does in his current capacity. Because there's no way you would actually compare Joe Ganz's playing abilities to Sean Fisher's, right?

You got it. A free GA so to speak. You are a bright one, can't get anything by you.

Seriously, did any of you really watch his play this year? If it wasn't for Sean we would have gotten spanked in the first Wisconsin game too. He's not an all star athlete by any means, but he found a groove this year and was a solid linebacker. The criticisms from 2 years ago are probably deserved (although he did break his freakin leg) but he was the least of our problems this year.

• Fire 1

Seriously, did any of you really watch his play this year? If it wasn't for Sean we would have gotten spanked in the first Wisconsin game too. He's not an all star athlete by any means, but he found a groove this year and was a solid linebacker. The criticisms from 2 years ago are probably deserved (although he did break his freakin leg) but he was the least of our problems this year.

These are probably the same people saying that the defense won't be any better next year because there will be little experience. I thought Sean played well all year, not a world beater by any means but he seemed to really succeed in run support. He probably shouldn't see the field against UCLA and NW for sure or in passing downs but, it's good to have depth and some leadership out there.

With as much young and green LB talent as their is, humble and seasoned leadership from Fisher will be absolutely priceless.

Completely agree.

This is a blessing. Most of Compton's value was in his direction of the LB core. Think what an entire spring/summer/camp with Fisher will help with these young guys that haven't seen action, hell even Zaire and Santos. Priceless is the right word. This will pay dividends.

With as much young and green LB talent as their is, humble and seasoned leadership from Fisher will be absolutely priceless.

Right on. A great representative for Husker nation, and a hell of a leader. This is one of those guys that walks the walk, and does things the right way. A great athlete, and probably an even better student, and he is from the Cornhusker state. Doesn't get any better than that does it? NOPE.

Two plus 1 from me in one thread, I think that's a record. Good stuff accountability.