You really should. Not only would you support a local farm but you would most likely be eating an egg from a chicken that actually gets to be a chicken and spread its wings.

Spread those wings, then fry 'em up!

• Fire 3

Seems like a poster or two in this thread might be able to identify with the Portlandia folks.

That was pretty funny stuff...when going out to eat which is a rarity because of the lack of options available in the Midwest I always do my research ahead of time with sites such as happycow or vegguide. Both do a great job of helping veg heads find a few places to eat and sharing their menu options and also ways to customize dishes to make them veg friendly. Red Robin is a great place to go when grabbing a burger. PF Changs is awesome for non meat eaters as well as On The Border.

I am sure most people don't care but the one or two of you that do I hope this helps.

I hate this topic more than any other I've ever read on Huskerboard, because I agree with a lot of what Hedley is saying. I think there are a lot of ignorant comments on here, but I think they're mostly being made because of Hedley's post history.

The reason I don't eat much meat is because its production causes a sh#t ton of pollution (namely the cows) and it isn't as nutrient dense as veggies and fruit. I can get a lot more mileage out of fruits and veggies. People in general eat way more meat than they need to, but I understand the taste factor. It tastes great. I probably eat chicken about once a month and fish/seafood twice a week.

Not ignorant...

My ancestors did just fine killing buffalo, and this whole vegetarian thing wasn't a problem until all these white people showed up...

• Fire 1

I hate this topic more than any other I've ever read on Huskerboard, because I agree with a lot of what Hedley is saying. I think there are a lot of ignorant comments on here, but I think they're mostly being made because of Hedley's post history.

The reason I don't eat much meat is because its production causes a sh#t ton of pollution (namely the cows) and it isn't as nutrient dense as veggies and fruit. I can get a lot more mileage out of fruits and veggies. People in general eat way more meat than they need to, but I understand the taste factor. It tastes great. I probably eat chicken about once a month and fish/seafood twice a week.

There are plenty of ignorant comments made by Headley in this thread. I don't have an issue with ignorance, it's only natural, but when you ignorance is spreading lies and the majority of your "knowledge" is based on propaganda then I have an issue with it. He did have some valid points, but he was also talking out of his bung hole as well.

My grandpa calls dove "sky carp"

I've heard geese called that before, but doves? naaah, that's insane. Stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos, and wrapped in bacon, then grilled. . . one of the top 5 best foods known to man.

100_2480.jpg

You guys should start a meat eaters thread

The reason most vegetarians raise their noses up at meat eaters is due to things like the picture above.....It is one thing to disagree and just let it go, but when we have to put pictures of animals murdered, skewed, and roasted its a bit insensitive.....just my two cents....roast away, i should know better than to argue with meat eaters in the midwest....

My grandpa calls dove "sky carp"

I've heard geese called that before, but doves? naaah, that's insane. Stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos, and wrapped in bacon, then grilled. . . one of the top 5 best foods known to man.

100_2480.jpg

While that does look tasty, I question how good the dove actually is, if you have to dress it up that much.

What does the dove taste like on its own?

While that does look tasty, I question how good the dove actually is, if you have to dress it up that much.

Dark meat. You don't necessarily have to dress it up like that. I usually eat it just battered and pan fried. I suppose it's not the most tender meat, but it has an excellent taste, in my opinion. You live in Podunkville, western Nebraska, yes? You ought to know what doves taste like. :lol:

Dark meat. You don't necessarily have to dress it up like that. I usually eat it just battered and pan fried. I suppose it's not the most tender meat, but it has an excellent taste, in my opinion. You live in Podunkville, western Nebraska, yes? You ought to know what doves taste like. :lol:

I probably should, but we don't have a lot of hunters in my family. Most people I know hunt geese and then shoot a deer or elk every year. :(

I like dark meat though, so maybe I'll have to "hunt" some down ;)