OT Martez Ivey [Florida - Signed LOI]

Nexus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Pelini was in nearby Orlando for the College Football Awards Show. He never had met Richard Darlington but called him anyway to arrange a visit. Apopka was in the state semifinals and Pelini wanted to wish Darlington luck -- a nice goodwill gesture.

Darlington also figured Pelini perhaps had designs on Martez Ivey, Apopka's 6-foot-5, 275-pound offensive guard, a certain top-100 player in the class of 2015.

With Pelini on campus, coach Darlington seized an opportunity to show the Husker coach video of Zack.

"That's kind of what got it all going," Richard Darlington said.

Not a bad piece of recruiting by Pelini.

You could say he merely was doing his job. But there were plenty of coaches in Orlando that week, and only one dialed up the Apopka head coach.

"Coach Pelini got a quarterback out of it," Darlington said, "and he may end up getting one of the best linemen in the nation."

http://journalstar.c...5bc61767de.html

not to be negative... but i dont think this one is gonna happen......a coach can only do so much (if anything at all), and a lot of kids have those narrow vision glasses on....

We also have his HS QB in his ear. Who knows, they could be best friends and a desire to play together in college. It would be different if say he was a safety on defense, but this has that Oline QB connection. I say we have a better than usual shot at him.
  • Fire 1

not to be negative... but i dont think this one is gonna happen......a coach can only do so much (if anything at all), and a lot of kids have those narrow vision glasses on....

We also have his HS QB in his ear. Who knows, they could be best friends and a desire to play together in college. It would be different if say he was a safety on defense, but this has that Oline QB connection. I say we have a better than usual shot at him.

I agree. I could see this coming down to NU vs Florida. Just will depend on if distance from home is a factor for him...Florida is his "dream school" too.

Also 247 has him rated as a 5* 98 overall, #1 player in Florida, #6 in the Nation and #2 OT. Of course those rankings are for the class of 2015...

welll since he will obviously be the king of florida and taken by all the top FL schools... to ALLL the top strip clubs.... offered the finest women.. and given the kripest dank buds around im even more sure he wont be coming here....

Unless Ivey and Darlington are best buds on the team then I doubt it will play too big of a role, which is a possibility. You have to love the fact though that his coach loves us and it is almost a guarantee that we will be getting a visit. If we have a great season on the field like I am expecting and get him here to see everything we have to offer up close and personal then I think we have a real solid shot with Ivey. Maybe Florida can choke big time and help us along.