Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

There are several possible realistic scenarios under which we arrived at this point, but none of them involve Manti being the victim. Almost every detail does not add up whatsoever.

The gig is up, Manti. Enjoy fading away into obscurity, becoming the butt of jokes and the answer to trivia questions.

bingo.

This is true - he wouldn't. This hoax isn't indicative of him being gay. It's a far-fetched theory, even if it is the first one that came to mind.

It is far-fetched. So is every possible angle. From what I've seen, there are three dominant theories:

1. He was conned.

Flaw: For three years? When he's on record claiming they'd met in person? And even if he'd lied about that out of embarrassment, you have heard of skype, yes?

2. Publicity.

Flaw: You fake date someone for three years so you can have her die at the right moment to garner you sympathy Heisman votes?

3. He's gay.

Flaw: Setting up a massive web of lies and then killing her (thus garnering more attention) rather than simply breaking up is illogical.

To me, #3 seems least far fetched, but this could certainly get very messy. That statement he put out today is going to get shredded.

it is still very far-fetched. maybe he got into an online relationship and was embarrassed it solely existed online so created a fib about meeting her. one thing led to another and the lie got out of control. it is all ridiculous.

Manti's actual dead grandma is judging all of you souless bastards! :snacks:

I'm actually pretty pleased with myself. Typically I'm baying for blood when a school I hate gets into a sticky situation. Right now I'm more confused than anything.

it is still very far-fetched. maybe he got into an online relationship and was embarrassed it solely existed online so created a fib about meeting her. one thing led to another and the lie got out of control. it is all ridiculous.

Assuming that this isn't something really sinister on his part, I would wager that this was a lie that got out of control, whatever it was that he was lying about.

There are other possibilities, but I'll narrow this down to three.

90% chance Manti & Tuiasosopo fabricated this for publicity, etc.

9% chance some other bizarre explanation ends up being the reason

1% chance Manti is gay

0% chance Manti is the victim of a fake Internet personality. This is essentially never the truth here.

• Fire 1

1% chance Manti is gay

0% chance Manti is the victim of a fake Internet personality. This is essentially never the truth here.

The question that I put to this is the time frame. Three years. Why do you pretend to date and pretend to love someone for three years and then have her "die?" I don't even kind of get it.

1% chance Manti is gay

The question that I put to this is the time frame. Three years. Why do you pretend to date and pretend to love someone for three years and then have her "die?" I don't even kind of get it.

That's the thing though, it was not three years. It was less than a year that she was known about and that they actually "dated". Remember, she doesn't exist, so he could completely fabricate the date that he met her. They "met" in 2009 and started "dating" spring 2012. Which, of course, we only know based on things Manti has said publicly.

Yeah, his football career was already not that promising. He's an average linebacker with a heartwarming story, (like I've been saying ALL YEAR) and now he's an average linebacker without a heartwarming story and with major psychological/personality issues. Do not want.

That's the thing though, it was not three years. It was less than a year that she was known about and that they actually "dated". Remember, she doesn't exist, so he could completely fabricate the date that he met her. They "met" in 2009 and started "dating" spring 2012. Which, of course, we only know based on things Manti has said publicly.

Fair enough, I was under the impression that there was a media paper trail that semi-chronicled their relationship, but it appears that it never got any attention until after she "died."

Fair enough, I was under the impression that there was a media paper trail that semi-chronicled their relationship, but it appears that it never got any attention until after she "died."

Precisely.