Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

Some journalists digging around on archived Twitter cache. Found conversations between Tuiasossoppo and others talking about the hoax. Saying that Te'o had zero clue he was getting Catfished.

I still find this hard to believe. Or, hard to believe he is that f'ing dumb.

Agree....with a 3.324 GPA (http://www.und.com/s.../110812aaa.html) he wasn't arriving at classes on the short bus...

i do not think this is an intelligence thing, it is just the logistics of a relationship thing. especially for a college athlete. he couldn't get a ticket for his gf to one of his games? he decidedly publicized a relationship with a girl he never met? why not just keep it quiet knowing that he never met her and wanting to protect the odd relationship (if he really was duped).

I refuse to believe that any human being is so dumb as to date a girl for 3 years and not once meet her. It's literally impossible in my mind.

Therefore, I conclude that Manti was in on this con. This is a gigantic mess.

This is where I'm at right now, too.

It seems like the local paper was in on it. They come up with things like:

"Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes."

"She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them"

Does this not seem like straight publicity propaganda? These aren't quotes from Te'o either. The Tribune writer came up with it.

Then, they report the girlfriend died before the grandma. Less than three weeks later they changed the order, but didn't mention their "error".