Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

What if his parents were in on it, but Manti didn't know? Like they were just trying to get him a ton of publicity to make money off it?

I'm pretty sure it was the other way around.

I'm sure it was too. I'm just thinking of any bizarre ways that Manti could not know she wasn't real.

I am almost positive his dad had something to do with it.

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

Is the whole story a hoax? This seems reeeeeeally weird.

Notre Dame's statement. Unreal:

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

SportsCenter@SportsCenter

Source tells Deadspin (who first reported Manti Te'o fake girlfriend story) that he's 80% sure Te'o participated in hoax.

9ac6742d_Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626092-257-192.gif

tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400.gif

toystory3popcorn.gif

Wow....this story actually has legs....crazyness. Watching Notre Lame fall flat on it's face...NOW THIS.....is good for college football! :snacks: :snacks:

This story is just nuts...what a shocker....

Could you imagine if this guy actually won the heisman. His whole candidacy was based on an off the field sob story that never was. My only fear is this will get pushed under the rug, a lot like the Newton situation, with no consequences. For now, I will sit back and enjoy

Wow....this story actually has legs....crazyness. Watching Notre Lame fall flat on it's face...NOW THIS.....is good for college football! :snacks: :snacks:

Could you imagine if this guy actually won the heisman. His whole candidacy was based on an off the field sob story that never was. My only fear is this will get pushed under the rug, a lot like the Newton situation, with no consequences. For now, I will sit back and enjoy

What consequences can there be for this?

Manti's LB numbers weren't really good. All of these "journalists" who have media votes for the Heisman should be ashamed.

What consequences could there be? By any account ND had no idea what was going on. And I don't think any laws were broken, just people's trust. The only real consequence that will come from it is a nasty slide in draft stock for Te'o

Comment on Deadspin explains the best route for Manti:

My PR advice to explain away everything: "I embellished the extent of our actual physical meetings to my friends and family to spare myself their scorn due to the stigma surrounding online relationships. They would have laughed at me if they knew I felt such intense feelings for someone whom I had never actually seen in person. When my family repeated these stories to the press, it seemed easier to go along with it than to admit I had made up some of the details of our relationship."

What consequences could there be? By any account ND had no idea what was going on. And I don't think any laws were broken, just people's trust. The only real consequence that will come from it is a nasty slide in draft stock for Te'o

yeah, we should go easy on him anyway. i mean his fake gf just passed away.