Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

Te'o also made a statement, from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

Te'o issued a statement Tuesday afternoon:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

I don't buy it.

Some girl took the time to talk to him for hours on the phone every night? C'mon man.

And they supposedly met up in Hawaii. How is he going to stick with the story that it was strictly an online relationship? Unreal. Deadspin added Te'o's statement to the article. His lie about the lie is going to become the next story.

His dad claims she came to Hawaii to visit Manti, but somehow he and his wife never met her? This thing is going to go on for a while before anything gets resolved and we may never get the whole "truth"

I think we can already figure out the truth. Obviously he was in on it. Deadspin just needs to dig up Te'o quotes that contradict that it was strictly an online relationship. Whether he's gay... may not come out.

Straight out of the Deadspin article:

Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.

On DECEMBER 26?

Manti talked to her on the phone every night, supposedly. You're telling me he wasn't in on this? Or that guy had some girl talk to him every night? C'MON!

Sounds like people were digging around and Manti got spooked.

Sounds like thousands of guys "girl friends" "died" when that phone sex company went bankrupt

The ESPN story says Te'o gave them his statement Tuesday. Is that a typo?

Te'o issued a statement Tuesday afternoon:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."