Recruiting Misses

Dont know how many got my joke about Haloti Ngata in antother thread, so ill explain.

In my mind he was probably the biggest recruiting miss weve ever had. I was watching the All American bowl a few years back and saw a Nebraska commit man-handling everyone. Very cool. If i remember it right he was a solid commit til we got beat by Maimi in the Rose bowl. De-commited and went to Oregon. Probably would have been one of our best ever.

A Few more i can remmber.

Blaine Gabbert , kinda a doosh but would have done well here

Josh Freeman, dont remember him being great in college but solid as a pro

Andrus Peat, Played well as a freshman on a top 10 team

Owa Zambagizi? (Close enough) lol played well even against us ugh

Im thinking of either decommit guys or very short list ones.

Im sure there have been many more over the yrs. Lets hear them.

Yeah, Sanders. Weren't we in on Faulk? And I'll throw out one no one will probably think of. Scott Frost. Had he not detoured through Stanford and been here for his entire career - I think 1996 is a National Championship.
i think Faulk wanted in badly! Just short paying us to come here.

Dr Tom wanted Faulk as a DB not a RB. Oops! First Team All-American in 1991, 1992 and 1993 at what? RB!! How many carries would he have still shared with Derek Brown and Calvin Jones?

Emmett Smith

I thought I heard on the radio the other day that because NU promise Harrison Beck that he would be the only QB in the class, that we missed a chance on Sanchez? I know that is what 1620 said. I didn't realize that Sanchez wanted to come to NU.

Beck was a bust, and Sanchez sucks in the NFL , but would have been nice to land him out of HS

Still....Emmett Smith

Emmett Smith

I thought I heard on the radio the other day that because NU promise Harrison Beck that he would be the only QB in the class, that we missed a chance on Sanchez? I know that is what 1620 said. I didn't realize that Sanchez wanted to come to NU.

Beck was a bust, and Sanchez sucks in the NFL , but would have been nice to land him out of HS

Still....Emmett Smith

And nonetheless, that promise was a lie in itself, because Zac Taylor was in that class as well.