Did you get the flu shot?

No, I have never had one and hardly ever get sick. I was actually just thinking about getting one then was in a conversation with some coworkers who claimed they knew people who were sick after getting the shot.

It was too late anyway. The next morning I was sick.

Getting sick FROM the vaccine is a myth. Most people who get sick right after the shot would have been sick whether they got it or not.

i know they say this about killed virus shots, but I swear for three strait flu shots(in three years), I get a low grade fever exactly six hours after I get the shot(100-102). The fever lasts for about 3-4 hours then its over. Much, much better then getting the full blown flu. Normally when I get my shot it's much too early for the actual flu to be going around(Sept/Oct) so I know that my immune system has time to build up before being exposed to the actual flu. My fever and aches must be from the shot. My doctor told me that she is seeing some people that have had the shot and that their shots should be in full effect. I have also read or heard that this year's flu is starting to mutate and mix with the stomach virus and something else that I can't remember but isn't too good. I wonder what makes a year so much worse then the others?

I've been told by the folks giving the shot I may experience a low-grade fever within so many hours but I've never really had that issue.

I was told by a doctor once a few years ago that the flu shot is always one year behind the current strain. This means this years flu outbreak is the source for next years flu shots, etc. How true that is, I don't know but he said it's why the flu shot is not a cure-all. It's a crap shoot at best since each years strain changes.

It actually makes sense that you would get a little fever or reaction since your body is turing loose white blood cells as it build immunity. Yet every doctor/nurse/pharmacist has debated me when I tell them that i do get a little somthing a few hours after. Oh well, I work it a public school and I will get every single vaccine available to the public.

Getting over Flu or FLI (Flu Like Illness). Got is Sat and felt better by Weds. Still have nagging cough and more tired than usual. Hopefully 100% in a few days. Didn't get Flu shot. Same symptoms as above, fever, tired, aches etc......

I still have the cough and still get tired pretty easily.

Getting over Flu or FLI (Flu Like Illness). Got is Sat and felt better by Weds. Still have nagging cough and more tired than usual. Hopefully 100% in a few days. Didn't get Flu shot. Same symptoms as above, fever, tired, aches etc......

I still have the cough and still get tired pretty easily.

Agreed. Got it two weeks ago and was sick for about a week. Generally don't get sick that bad anymore very often, but it was terrible.

I got the 24-hour flu the day before New Year's Eve this year. First time I've had the flu in over a decade. Didn't get a flu shot.

And I'll never get a flu shot. I eat extremely healthy, workout several times a week and take care of my body. And recent studies suggest flu vaccines are only 62% effective. Enough reason for me to not put foreign elements in my body.