North Korea?

I hope he does make some sort of "move." Either try to attack the south, try to attack some bases, don't want anyone hurt, but he needs to go bye bye.

One ship over there has enough missiles to take out pretty much all the major buildings in the country. You can almost ID all of them from space, being the only lights in the area at night.

I hope he does make some sort of "move." Either try to attack the south, try to attack some bases, don't want anyone hurt, but he needs to go bye bye.

One ship over there has enough missiles to take out pretty much all the major buildings in the country. You can almost ID all of them from space, being the only lights in the area at night.

Arrogance like this is exactly why we have been in the debacle of Iraq and Afghanistan for the last decade. I'm all for regime change in NK but it will make the Middle East conflicts look like a walk in the park. One million active military (4th largest) and 8 million reserves (largest) all brainwashed. Don't think for a second that shooting some missiles is going to make them throw up the white flag. In fact if it ever goes to a full scale conflict, I would guess a large number of North Koreans would rather die then surrender much like the Japanese in WW II. It wouldn't last as long as Iraq or Afghanistan, but it would be much more bloody.

The only way we ever go into NK is if China goes in from the north as an ally and we overwhelm them.

Arrogance like this is exactly why we have been in the debacle of Iraq and Afghanistan for the last decade. I'm all for regime change in NK but it will make the Middle East conflicts look like a walk in the park. One million active military (4th largest) and 8 million reserves (largest) all brainwashed. Don't think for a second that shooting some missiles is going to make them throw up the white flag. In fact if it ever goes to a full scale conflict, I would guess a large number of North Koreans would rather die then surrender much like the Japanese in WW II. It wouldn't last as long as Iraq or Afghanistan, but it would be much more bloody.

The only way we ever go into NK is if China goes in from the north as an ally and we overwhelm them.

I don't think its the same as the Middle East. There is not the 'infidel' aspect to deal with. The outsider part of things really complicated the Iraq and Afghanistan situations, and were flat out ignored beforehand. And those wars had little influence from regional powers. NK would have South Korea, Japan, and most likely China all involved.

Brainwashed sure. Large army sure. They may claim to have an army that large. They do not have the logistic capability to feed and supply said army. Starving people have historically surrendered pretty quickly. They have very limited infrastructure and taking it out and reducing NK to more or less a WWII era nation would be quick. Annihilating the actual army would not be that hard, if we wanted to do that, air superiority happens almost instantly, and you can not win a real war in the modern era without wining the skies. If you remember, taking out the actual armies in Iraq and Afghanistan went real quick, it was matters after the armies were defeated that caused was the clusterF.

I don't think its the same as the Middle East. There is not the 'infidel' aspect to deal with. The outsider part of things really complicated the Iraq and Afghanistan situations, and were flat out ignored beforehand. And those wars had little influence from regional powers. NK would have South Korea, Japan, and most likely China all involved.

Brainwashed sure. Large army sure. They may claim to have an army that large. They do not have the logistic capability to feed and supply said army. Starving people have historically surrendered pretty quickly. They have very limited infrastructure and taking it out and reducing NK to more or less a WWII era nation would be quick. Annihilating the actual army would not be that hard, if we wanted to do that, air superiority happens almost instantly, and you can not win a real war in the modern era without wining the skies. If you remember, taking out the actual armies in Iraq and Afghanistan went real quick, it was matters after the armies were defeated that caused was the clusterF.

and that is exactly what would happen in NK, except on steroids

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People's_Army

"Despite the general fuel and ammunition shortages for training, it is estimated that the wartime strategic reserves of food for the army are sufficient to feed the regular troops for 500 days, while fuel and ammunition - amounting to 1.5 million and 1.7 million tonnes respectively - are sufficient to wage a full-scale war for 100 days"

So that debunks that assumption

and then we haven't even brought up nukes and chemical weapons

http://en.wikipedia....ass_destruction

In 2010, it was reported that North Korea has chemical weapons, which could cause millions of casualties in South Korea, where gas masks are only provided to the military and top government officials.

Ignorance is bliss.

And what makes you think China won't do something like that? China has had enough of this guys threats and that's obvious from their support with the sanctions. They might have a large army, but from what I understand they are poorly trained?

• 3 weeks later...