When will we get there??

gin_32

Alabama

Okahoma

Notre Dame

Lsu

USC

I have long live in my life to wonder what my huskers can be and yet yield what they deserve. The path that they conquere. I'm only 37, but I said that like 20 years ago when they were going to make college history. I guess I just expect it more but ever year seems less and less. Anyone else feel the same?

A lot of things have to align properly to win a championship, a combination of good coaching, player leadership, and talent. More stock in one of those categories can make up for lacking in another. We could in improve in all three areas, and aren't good enough in any one area to make up for inconsistencies in another.

Some coaches can come in and win right away, others take take time to win, and some never do. Some coaches also aren't made to be head coaches but are damn good coordinators.

I believe Pelini still has the potential to be a very good head coach. He's learning. He's not like Nick Saban, who had several head coaching positions at Michigan State, LSU, and with the Dolphins, before landing at Alabama. Pelini's challenge, as any coach's challenge is, is to recognize deficiencies and the areas you could improve, and then improve on those areas.

I still care about the Huskers, but I've tried my best to become a fan of the sport a little more and less of the team. It's made me enjoy the games more and also get over the losses quicker. It's possible we may never win another championship, and we could also win 5 more in my lifetime. You just never know. As fans, we can't really control much, and it's important to keep that in perspective.

• Fire 4

Nebraska has every resource available too them, aside from a fertile local recruiting hotbed, to be able to win multiple national championships in our lifetimes. Our fan support is unrivaled.... Our facilties, and gameday experience are among the best in the game. As Pelini said, this place is special, and it can sell itself to the right kind of recruits. I think there will be another season (probably multiple in my opinion) where we have the right guys on the team, and win another National Championship. I think as a fanbase, we worry about our national relevance. Nebraska still matters nationally. That is why when we have a hot start to season they want to shoot us up the rankings (like in 2010 when we were ranked 5th going into Texas game). Our top 10 recruiting class is indication that we are important.

Nebraska is still very capable of winning National Championships. I believe we have the right coach in place, and he is gathering the right players in order for us to get this accomplished....

There is an opportunity out there with the new recruiting rules. I know Bo is not a fan of the changes, but he needs to take full advantage or fall behind. We need an aggressive recruiting staff to put together a comprehensive communication plan for all recruiting, and to coordinate recruiting for the coaches. The teams that are the best at this will have a leg up on most others. You will always have a few schools that can pick and choose (Bama, Texas, etc.) but there are a lot of great recruits out there for the rest!

A lot of things have to line properly to win a championship, a combination of good coaching, player leadership, and talent. More stock in one of those categories can make up for lacking in another. We could in improve in all three areas, and aren't good enough in any one area to make up for inconsistencies in another.

Some coaches can come in and win right away, others take take time to win, and some never do. Some coaches also aren't made to be head coaches but are damn good coordinators.

I believe Pelini still has the potential to be a very good head coach. He's learning. He's not like Nick Saban, who had several head coaching positions at Michigan State, LSU, and with the Dolphins, before landing at Alabama. Pelini's challenge, as any coach's challenge is, is to recognize deficiencies and the areas you could improve, and then improve on those areas.

I still care about the Huskers, but I've tried my best to become a fan of the sport a little more and less of the team. It's made me enjoy the games more and also get over the losses quicker. It's possible we may never win another championship, and we could also win 5 more in my lifetime. You just never know. As fans, we can't really control much, and it's important to keep that in perspective.

Talent and coaching are a part of winning the N.C. But let's not forget that even T.O said it takes alot of luck and the ball bouncing your way in many games.

• Fire 1
A lot of things have to line properly to win a championship, a combination of good coaching, player leadership, and talent. More stock in one of those categories can make up for lacking in another. We could in improve in all three areas, and aren't good enough in any one area to make up for inconsistencies in another.

Talent and coaching are a part of winning the N.C. But let's not forget that even T.O said it takes alot of luck and the ball bouncing your way in many games.

See Shevin Wiggins sneaker...............

• Fire 1

Yes, but that's an uncontrollable dynamic. Coaching can get better, talent can be recruited and leadership can be developed/recruited as well. You have to do the best at all the factors you can control and let the rest fall into place. Our problems are much more significant than a couple of unlucky bounces.

+1 right there

Since Enhance brought up three important facets that make up a natty championship caliber team, let's take a look at a team such as FSU, who has all the talent in the world and has been recruiting VERY WELL the past 10 years. The talent is there, but what is lacking!?.........Coaching? Player leadership? It takes a lot for all facets to come together along with a some luck at times for a team to receive the natty title. Is NEB close!? I believe so....just because I've seen the team mold into what Pelini is envisioning. NEB's offense is lethal....and if the defense improves even by 25%.....NEB will be a team to be reckon with next year IMO.

• Fire 1

Nebraska has every resource available too them, aside from a fertile local recruiting hotbed, to be able to win multiple national championships in our lifetimes. Our fan support is unrivaled.... Our facilties, and gameday experience are among the best in the game. As Pelini said, this place is special, and it can sell itself to the right kind of recruits. I think there will be another season (probably multiple in my opinion) where we have the right guys on the team, and win another National Championship. I think as a fanbase, we worry about our national relevance. Nebraska still matters nationally. That is why when we have a hot start to season they want to shoot us up the rankings (like in 2010 when we were ranked 5th going into Texas game). Our top 10 recruiting class is indication that we are important.

Nebraska is still very capable of winning National Championships. I believe we have the right coach in place, and he is gathering the right players in order for us to get this accomplished....

it funny how everyone says scout sucks until they rank us in the top ten for recruiting

I'll happily take a confrence title i think nebraska is close to being able to win one but there is huge difference between what nebraska has been the last few years and what Alabama, LSU ect are. hopefully it will be soon but i just cant see it considering this team cant seem to find a way to show up for conference title games hopefully something this year will click and they can show up in every game and atleast win the big 10