Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

The Masters will not effect any true Buckeye fan that wants to watch tOSU spring game. The Masters for many golf fanatics is the favorite tournament.

With a five-hour drive on Friday to Lincoln/Omaha, and a five-hour drive home on Sunday during the final round, it might have affected my Spring Game plans. I am a true Husker fan.

The grand daddy of professional golf.

So it's like there big championship tournament then. What's that skins game that used to be advertised during Oklahoma and Colorado games back in the 90's? It was made out to be some big deal, but there were always only 4 guys in it. Was that some sort of championship tournament deal?

I'm serious. I know so little about golf, and not really interested either. i'm just trying not to be insulting of those who do.

I have no idea what this skins game you talk of is. Basically, any golf during football season is this new FedEx Cup thing to gain interest or the Fall Series (Silly Season).

There are 4 majors each year. The Masters, US Open, The (British) Open Championship, and the PGA Championship. They are always right around the same time each year: April, June, July, August, respectively.

The Masters has a special place in many people's heart because: it is the only one at the same venue every year, it is the first big tournament after 8-9 months and is when golf season starts up in most of the country, and Augusta National is a sight to be seen, even on TV. Many people, myself included, plan to watch every minute of it on TV. I was really worried when I saw the Spring Game scheduled for April 6.

So essentially, the Masters is their Daytona 500. Biggest event that basically kicks off the season.. Yes, I understand now.

The grand daddy of professional golf.

So it's like there big championship tournament then. What's that skins game that used to be advertised during Oklahoma and Colorado games back in the 90's? It was made out to be some big deal, but there were always only 4 guys in it. Was that some sort of championship tournament deal?

I'm serious. I know so little about golf, and not really interested either. i'm just trying not to be insulting of those who do.

I have no idea what this skins game you talk of is. Basically, any golf during football season is this new FedEx Cup thing to gain interest or the Fall Series (Silly Season).

There are 4 majors each year. The Masters, US Open, The (British) Open Championship, and the PGA Championship. They are always right around the same time each year: April, June, July, August, respectively.

The Masters has a special place in many people's heart because: it is the only one at the same venue every year, it is the first big tournament after 8-9 months and is when golf season starts up in most of the country, and Augusta National is a sight to be seen, even on TV. Many people, myself included, plan to watch every minute of it on TV. I was really worried when I saw the Spring Game scheduled for April 6.

So essentially, the Masters is their Daytona 500. Biggest event that basically kicks off the season.. Yes, I understand now.

I forgot about your NASCAR fetish. Yes, I suppose. :D

Comparing the Masters to any other sporting event, regardless of its magnitude, doesn't do it justice. The Masters is in a league of its own.

Watch an hour or so if you've never seen Augusta National before, even if you don't like watching golf, you can still appreciate the beauty of the course and the dedication the grounds crew has for maintaining it.

The professional golfer, is the most skilled of any athlete....fact.....

Skilled maybe..... Athletic not so much!

See: One John Patrick Daly

I consider them athletes.... If John Daly isn't an athlete, than neither is this guy.....

wince+wilfork+2.jpg

he can bench press a Buick and run a 40 yd dash in under 6 seconds! JD can bench press jack and cokes and Marlboros and run a 40yd dash in under a minute.

The professional golfer, is the most skilled of any athlete....fact.....

Skilled maybe..... Athletic not so much!

See: One John Patrick Daly

I consider them athletes.... If John Daly isn't an athlete, than neither is this guy.....

wince+wilfork+2.jpg

he can bench press a Buick and run a 40 yd dash in under 6 seconds! JD can bench press jack and cokes and Marlboros and run a 40yd dash in under a minute.

What defines an athlete? I define it as someone participating in sport. Obviously there are different kinds, but a golfer is one with the most skill.... No doubt.

Comparing the Masters to any other sporting event, regardless of its magnitude, doesn't do it justice. The Masters is in a league of its own.

Watch an hour or so if you've never seen Augusta National before, even if you don't like watching golf, you can still appreciate the beauty of the course and the dedication the grounds crew has for maintaining it.

Had a friend go to the practice rounds a couple years ago. His goal was to find a weed somewhere on the course.

He failed.

A golfer is definitely an athlete just a very different type of athlete than sports like baseball, football and basketball.

Let me ask this, is a place kicker or punter in football an athlete? If so, what is the difference between them and a golfer? In fact, a golfer has to have one hell of a lot more physical stamina than a punter.

A few years ago I had a minor surgery where I was laid up for 3-4 days. I didn't realize I was scheduling it for early Friday morning of the Masters. I got home in time to catch pretty much all the the third round and then I watched every single swing from then on out. It was one hell of a lot of fun. I had always liked watching some of it but when you get into the entire tourney and know the story lines of how each player is doing as the weekend goes on, it is something special.

However, not special enough for me to want another minor surgery so I can sit at home and watch it. :hmmph

lets hope we dont have another spring game debacle like 2 years ago

What happened two years ago? I was there and didn't see a debacle, besides Turner being penalized for doing a front flip into the endzone lol. Last year we were stormed out...

Maybe when Cassidy, who was in the red team, was the holder for white team that was attempting a game winning field goal and Cassidy pulled the ball and threw it away so the white team couldn't win.

lets hope we dont have another spring game debacle like 2 years ago

What happened two years ago? I was there and didn't see a debacle, besides Turner being penalized for doing a front flip into the endzone lol. Last year we were stormed out...

Maybe when Cassidy, who was in the red team, was the holder for white team that was attempting a game winning field goal and Cassidy pulled the ball and threw it away so the white team couldn't win.

I don't remember that for some reason. I wasn't even drinking lol.