Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

Hahaha, and what was your score?

Football, and basketball require more physical effort, and they put more on your body, sure.... As far as degree of difficulty when trying to achieve what is considered "success" in each sport? It isn't even close. There are a lot more good football/basketball players than there are good golfers, no matter how you want to break it down....

Agreed. Having played multiple sports like I'm sure many people on here have the hardest thing in sports to do is to hit a golf ball where you want it to go. Golf is the most mentally demanding sport if you're being serious about playing and not just out boozing.

• Fire 1

The professional golfer, is the most skilled of any athlete....fact.....

Skilled maybe..... Athletic not so much!

See: One John Patrick Daly

I consider them athletes.... If John Daly isn't an athlete, than neither is this guy.....

wince+wilfork+2.jpg

Wow. I was leaning more toward the other guy being right about Daly, til you brought out the Wilfork pic. Lol point to you good sir.

Just because golfing is difficult doesn't mean it's a sport. It's not different that go out and shoot deer and say hunting or fishing are sports. They are activities.

Just because you don't like golf doesn't make it not a sport. Oxfords online dictionary defines sport as an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. Golf meets all of that criteria as does fishing and hunting, and I loath hunting and fishing.

Just becuase you don't exert yourself cardio vascularly like you do jogging or playing pickup basketball doesn't mean it doesn't require a level of fitness to play. For professional golfers to play at the level that they do does require them to be fit. There is a reason why John Daly is not a top player. It's because he is a big fat slob that drinks a case of diet coke a day and smokes 2 packs a day. But, he is entertaining to watch. :lol: Have you ever looked at some of the MLB in the world? That Fielder guy is huge. Half the pitchers are overweight and look like they couldn't run 100 yards.

Just because golfing is difficult doesn't mean it's a sport. It's not different that go out and shoot deer and say hunting or fishing are sports. They are activities.

Just because you don't like golf doesn't make it not a sport. Oxfords online dictionary defines sport as an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. Golf meets all of that criteria as does fishing and hunting, and I loath hunting and fishing.

that's the discredit right there. ZERO entertainment value whatsoever. :lol:

I'd consider golf more of a sport than wrestling...

And wrestling more of a sport than cricket...

and MMA more of a sport than all of the above.

Football, basketball, MMA, soccer, hockey. Those are all the true sports.

Baseball?

maybe if it was entertaining.

to each his own

I wouldn't walk across the street to watch an MMA bout if someone gave me the tickets for free. Just don't find it entertaining. Wrestling is a great sport it's just not a casual spectator sport. Wrestling is probably in the top 3 physically demanding sports along with Cycling and Triathlelons.

I wouldn't walk across the street to watch an MMA bout if someone gave me the tickets for free. Just don't find it entertaining. Wrestling is a great sport it's just not a casual spectator sport. Wrestling is probably in the top 3 physically demanding sports along with Cycling and Triathlelons.

That is kind of a great topic. I think I would put wrestling number 1, for me the deciding factor is that you are actually going against another person, physically. Where in cycling and triathlelons you are competing against others but not actually "against" them.

I am not totally sure I understand this as MMA has wrestling in it?