BIG teams agree not to play anymore FCS schools

Boy it sure is going to be tough sledding for a Big Ten team to win 9 conference games and no FCS scheduled games. If a Big Ten team makes it to the final ranking in the top 3, there will be no debating they absolutely earned it.

No matter how you feel about Notre Dame and the schedule they played, they received a ton of credit for playing a schedule sans FCS opponents. This move will definitely bolster the resume for any team that escapes the BIG season with zero or one loss.

Boy it sure is going to be tough sledding for a Big Ten team to win 9 conference games and no FCS scheduled games. If a Big Ten team makes it to the final ranking in the top 3, there will be no debating they absolutely earned it.

No matter how you feel about Notre Dame and the schedule they played, they received a ton of credit for playing a schedule sans FCS opponents. This move will definitely bolster the resume for any team that escapes the BIG season with zero or one loss.

Read'em and weep. and add Bama.

Hopefully a move in the right direction for the B1G. B1G nonconf schedules have been pretty weak over the years with some years the marquee ooc game being against a down ND team. We have no shot to gain national attention playing weak ooc games.

I say the NCAA or whoever controls the playoff bids mandates the following:

1 game vs cream puff (MAC, Sunbelt, CUSA, etc)

2/3 games vs other BCS conferences on a rotating basis and based on prior year rankings (like the NFL does). Example Yr 1 - B1G #1 (based on py) plays SEC #1, #5 and #10. Yr 2 B1G #1 plays B12 #1, #4, #8. Somehow would have to make the numbers work based on number of teams in each conference. This way you get a fair sampling of inter-conference play.

8/9 conference games

I put it on my status update...it's great to see and great for the conference. Love the stance. The only problem is...what happens when a team backs out and a school has to find a team to play at the last minute? Could be hard to find a FBS team with an open slot in their schedule.

The team backing out will have the same issue.

Hopefully a move in the right direction for the B1G. B1G nonconf schedules have been pretty weak over the years with some years the marquee ooc game being against a down ND team. We have no shot to gain national attention playing weak ooc games.

I say the NCAA or whoever controls the playoff bids mandates the following:

1 game vs cream puff (MAC, Sunbelt, CUSA, etc)

2/3 games vs other BCS conferences on a rotating basis and based on prior year rankings (like the NFL does). Example Yr 1 - B1G #1 (based on py) plays SEC #1, #5 and #10. Yr 2 B1G #1 plays B12 #1, #4, #8. Somehow would have to make the numbers work based on number of teams in each conference. This way you get a fair sampling of inter-conference play.

8/9 conference games

Idk if you will see the BIG #1 playing the #1 team out of the SEC, Big12, or the PAC12 on a yearly basis. Teams like OSU, Mich, and NU, that are expected to have a banner year that particular year would not want to take the chance at losing out on a chance at the MNC that early on in the season.

I like this move as a fan. I get so sick and tired of scheduling where 3 out of the first 4 games are against nobodies. We then get to conference play and we still don't have any clue how good our team is.

That said, getting down to reality, how does this really affect Nebraska and the conference?

Meaning, is this going to make it harder for us to have multiple teams in the top ten? Or, is this needed to bring more respect to the conference nationally? The SEC has the reputation of being the best conference in the country. However, most of their OOC games are against absolutely nobodies and many teams like Florida sometimes never even leave their state.

Obviously the SEC has taken the OOC schedule and used it as money makers but they absolutely don't want their teams losing OOC games. As a fan, that stinks when you want to watch good games. BUT, if you can do that and then win most of your bowl games, you then start getting the reputation as being a top conference.

I like this move as a fan. I get so sick and tired of scheduling where 3 out of the first 4 games are against nobodies. We then get to conference play and we still don't have any clue how good our team is.

That said, getting down to reality, how does this really affect Nebraska and the conference?

Meaning, is this going to make it harder for us to have multiple teams in the top ten? Or, is this needed to bring more respect to the conference nationally? The SEC has the reputation of being the best conference in the country. However, most of their OOC games are against absolutely nobodies and many teams like Florida sometimes never even leave their state.

Obviously the SEC has taken the OOC schedule and used it as money makers but they absolutely don't want their teams losing OOC games. As a fan, that stinks when you want to watch good games. BUT, if you can do that and then win most of your bowl games, you then start getting the reputation as being a top conference.

It artificially inflates the SOS of the conferences champ because that team gets an extra win. That's why the SEC champ always has a lot of bowl teams on her schedule, because they now only need to win 5 games to be eligible.

It artificially inflates the SOS of the conferences champ because that team gets an extra win. That's why the SEC champ always has a lot of bowl teams on her schedule, because they now only need to win 5 games to be eligible.

Yeah and who knows more about schedule inflation than Notre Dame!