Favorite Moment of the Pelini Era

Hoosker

The 2010 season up until Taylor Martinez's injury. It looked as though Nebraska had not only turned the corner, but could go 0 - 60 like a Bugatti Veyron. Washington, Oklahoma State and Kansas State games were just hugely satisfying. Of course I'm pretending the Texas game never happened.

I also thought we turned the corner with the Holiday Bowl shutout against Arizona.

The Henery kick and Suh touchdown back to back have to be the most ball-tingly great moments. Just forget that Colorado should never have been that close, and what a missed field goal would have meant.

I believe it was none other than the loathed Brent Musburger who said Suh vs. Texas in 2009 was the greatest individual defensive performance he'd ever witnessed. In my mind, Suh breaks through on that final play, McCoy panics and throws that ball just 3 degrees higher, and it doesn't land until the clock is decisively at 00:00. That's the difference between legendary and epic.

Call me cynical, but I believe they give Texas another shot NO MATTER WHAT the clock reads at the end.................

Naw. They were clear on the ruling that the clock doesn't stop until the ball hits the ground or seat or railing or whatever. I'm guessing a lot of folks thought it stopped when it crossed the imaginary out-of-bounds plane. One of those folks may have been Colt McCoy. But there was clearly a second left on the clock when that happened. Heartbreaking enough, but we weren't jobbed.

My cynicism is not based on whether or not the rule was correctly applied. I'm simply stating that IN Texas, VS. Texas, (with Bebee even tangentially in the vicinity), no matter what the rule was, there would be found A way to give Texas another shot. Purely cynical, I know, but nothing would surprise me in that scenario.

The fact that they had a timeout is the main reason I was so pissed off afterwards. They botched the end of that game and didn't get screwed over for it. Colt McCoy had no clue how much time was on the clock and he got lucky and threw it out of bounds (only because Suh was after him again) and landed with :01.

No justice was served on that night.

• Fire 1

Bad thread to bring it up, but 2009 contained two of the most heartbreaking games in Husker memory. Texas the most obvious, but also Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, when both the offense and defense played well enough to win, but they lose on a last second defensive breakdown after the defense had played brilliantly all day.

That 2009 team, with the worst Husker offense in modern times, could easily have been 12-2 and finished in the Top 10.

2009 first few games with Zac Lee as a legit passing QB. Then the injury cover up was on Pelini and ruined the rest of the season (VTech game and so on). Lee was best passing QB we've had prior to injury. The cover up put it all on his "Lee's ability" which was BS - that was on the coaches and their accountability.

Was good to see Taylor Martinez first game as a starter as freshmen QB - really athletic and strives against weaker teams.

Bo sucks at answering questions with normal speech question and answer thought process. What the crap are you trying to hide/cover up? Secret's to your prescious defense? Quit tring to pick and choose words in a circular thought process with 50% defensiveness and 40% hiding from answering a simple question. 6th graders do better than he does. Newsflash - just answer with a yes or no and keep it real and simple.

Taylor ran the ball past Bo's "super duper post LSU style defense" in practice so Bo believed he was super awesome. Just shows that his defense was not very good at all during practice, and a guy with great straight ahead flat-speed got Pelini's attention (despite no passing ability) piss off his so-called master defense guru mentality.....what a flaw... because it worked against Western Connecticut and Sugar Valley State.

Going forward. Hope Pelini can have a normal conversation without the 10 minute run-around speech to an easy a yes/no answer.

Hope Pelini gives EVERY QB 4 years to start. As long as you can run past his 4 lineman and single linebacker - you got skillz.

And hope Pelini realizes 3 traditional linebackers is what he needs to do. 5-7 quasi hybrid secondary backs does nothing to help stop the running game. It doesnt make running QB's accountable to have to throw the ball to move the chains. Gee great philosophy mr secondary coach. Keep running out 7 guys in the secondary to play spot-specific coverage in order to maintain your boner pass defense philosophy. Ummmm...can you stop UCLA running attack? OSU? Any top 30 team that runs the ball? Noooope.

Oh yeah, and keep throwing a guy like Compton out there all alone in the middle of the field to stop the running game when your 4 man passive non-rush lineman get out pushed around. Niiice. Bend and don't break. lol really.

Yeah, this stuff sucks what I said. But just wanted to air out some frustrations that seems so obvious to me. My bad.

The Henery kick was amazing and prolly the best. Some Swift returns and catches were up there. And Burkhead was the best RB ever after contact (anyone can run forever without being touched - Rex took hit after hit at the line of scrimmage or before it, and somehow turned it into 3-4-5-6-8 plus yards every time).

• Fire 1

2009 first few games with Zac Lee as a legit passing QB. Then the injury cover up was on Pelini and ruined the rest of the season (VTech game and so on). Lee was best passing QB we've had prior to injury. The cover up put it all on his "Lee's ability" which was BS - that was on the coaches and their accountability.

Was good to see Taylor Martinez first game as a starter as freshmen QB - really athletic and strives against weaker teams.

Bo sucks at answering questions with normal speech question and answer thought process. What the crap are you trying to hide/cover up? Secret's to your prescious defense? Quit tring to pick and choose words in a circular thought process with 50% defensiveness and 40% hiding from answering a simple question. 6th graders do better than he does. Newsflash - just answer with a yes or no and keep it real and simple.

Taylor ran the ball past Bo's "super duper post LSU style defense" in practice so Bo believed he was super awesome. Just shows that his defense was not very good at all during practice, and a guy with great straight ahead flat-speed got Pelini's attention (despite no passing ability) piss off his so-called master defense guru mentality.....what a flaw... because it worked against Western Connecticut and Sugar Valley State.

Going forward. Hope Pelini can have a normal conversation without the 10 minute run-around speech to an easy a yes/no answer.

Hope Pelini gives EVERY QB 4 years to start. As long as you can run past his 4 lineman and single linebacker - you got skillz.

And hope Pelini realizes 3 traditional linebackers is what he needs to do. 5-7 quasi hybrid secondary backs does nothing to help stop the running game. It doesnt make running QB's accountable to have to throw the ball to move the chains. Gee great philosophy mr secondary coach. Keep running out 7 guys in the secondary to play spot-specific coverage in order to maintain your boner pass defense philosophy. Ummmm...can you stop UCLA running attack? OSU? Any top 30 team that runs the ball? Noooope.

Oh yeah, and keep throwing a guy like Compton out there all alone in the middle of the field to stop the running game when your 4 man passive non-rush lineman get out pushed around. Niiice. Bend and don't break. lol really.

Yeah, this stuff sucks what I said. But just wanted to air out some frustrations that seems so obvious to me. My bad.

The Henery kick was amazing and prolly the best. Some Swift returns and catches were up there. And Burkhead was the best RB ever after contact (anyone can run forever without being touched - Rex took hit after hit at the line of scrimmage or before it, and somehow turned it into 3-4-5-6-8 plus yards every time).

Did you not read the title of this thread?

Please leave that whiny tone of yours out of here. It's not the place for bashing our staff....quite the opposite actually.

• Fire 5

Did you not read the title of this thread?

Please leave that whiny tone of yours out of here. It's not the place for bashing our staff....quite the opposite actually.

Yes I did. Sorry n00b. My bad. I'm not known for saying crappy stuff and hijacking threads with negativity. I guess every 500 posts or couple of years my frustration gets the best of me. And it comes out. Maybe it will happen to you too someday, Rook.

Sorry if it ruffled your feathers and unicorn dreams. Ignore and carry on. My apologies.

For teh record: Burkhead and everything he's done has been amazing.

There were so many! Beating Ohio State in Lincoln, Watching Suh beat the crap outta McCoy, The prayer before the Penn State game, beating all of the B1G teams our first two years, leaving the B12 and Texass behind and then watching them get the crap beat out of them again and again and again (especially by Baylor! ROFLOL!) Alex Henry Never Misses! (I know he did a couple of times but that 52 yarder at Colorado was da bomb!) The 6 game winning streak, All of Bo's melt downs-I love his passion!

And the best is yet to come!!

• Fire 1

Mano_che_fa_bla_bla.gif

• Fire 1

Yes I did. Sorry n00b. My bad. I'm not known for saying crappy stuff and hijacking threads with negativity. I guess every 500 posts or couple of years my frustration gets the best of me. And it comes out. Maybe it will happen to you too someday, Rook.

Sorry if it ruffled your feathers and unicorn dreams. Ignore and carry on. My apologies.

For teh record: Burkhead and everything he's done has been amazing.

Noob... Rook... Lol wow. Coming from someone who says they are never negative, but only has one +1 on their record, out of their 32XX posts.

I normally don't read into +1's, but from not having any, I could say most of your posts are just blabbers, non educational, or quite possibly negative. Funny how you know when your going to be negative too lol "I guess every 500 posts or couple of years my frustration gets the best of me. And it comes out."

I am thinking about handicapping you one so it doesn't look so bad ;)