Playstation 4 incoming!

Dropped the bomb with announcing zero restrictions on selling/trading/giving games.

edit: and no mandatory connection.

Unless you want to play multiplayer, in which case PlayStation Plus is now required. So Sony now has their version of XBox Live, it appears.

This is probably the caveat that Sony gave to publishers--no single player checks, but a PS+ account is required for multiplayer...oh, and incidentally, we'll authenticate the disk as well to make sure you're not pirating our stuff.

Dropped the bomb with announcing zero restrictions on selling/trading/giving games.

Yep, and I have a feeling Microsoft is going to have no choice but to go that route unless it is a hardware thing. That will ruin them. If that were the case, I would say the One is the better console by a good amount, at this point.

Unless you want to play multiplayer, in which case PlayStation Plus is now required. So Sony now has their version of XBox Live, it appears.

This is probably the caveat that Sony gave to publishers--no single player checks, but a PS+ account is required for multiplayer...oh, and incidentally, we'll authenticate the disk as well to make sure you're not pirating our stuff.

which is a perfectly fine and acceptable trade-off. especially for the low cost

It's really no cheaper than Xbox Live, especially when you take into consideration that Live gets access to everything first.

It's really no cheaper than Xbox Live, especially when you take into consideration that Live gets access to everything first.

especially when you take into consideration all the free stuff you get besides online gaming with Playstation+.

especially when you take into consideration all the free stuff you get besides online gaming with Playstation+.

Like what? A free title? Xbox already said that Gold members are going to get 2 free titles each month. And it looks like they will be good ones. I'd rather play those than sh**ty arcade indie games. But I guess that's just personal preference.

Im not sure why you are trying to be a smartass about it. You want to call people out for being fan boys but can't take an objective approach to anything.

• Fire 1

And another bomb.

Good luck Microsoft (and matthew). You'll need it.

I don't need luck, fanboi. I already have Steam and a gaming PC. :-|

But keep (incorrectly) pegging me as a Microsoft fanboy, as it probably helps you deal with your own fanboi hypocrisy.

So I'm unfamiliar with what PlayStation+ gives you access to. Anyone who owns a PS3 want to fill me in?

It's a paid subscription service (and now required for online play with the PS4, a la XBox Live), but the service gives out free games monthly (AAA titles, indy, and online titles alike), discounts on digital purchases, and full game timed demos (usually a couple of hours for new release titles). They also allow for online/cloud game and media storage with the service as well--handy if you're upgrading the PS3 hard drive and don't want to rip everything to a USB thumb drive.

Also, you don't get to own the free games in any way--they're tethered to your PS+ account. If you plan on maintaining the account, then no problem. If you are more of a 'month to month' guy, then things get dicey, as you'll lose access to those games until you pony up for your subscription again.

Sony has been running some deals lately where you buy 12 months and get 2 free...something to that effect. Now that we know that PS+ subscriptions will carry over to the PS4 and that PS+ is requisite for online play on the PS4, I'll likely renew mine.

And another bomb.

But keep (incorrectly) pegging me as a Microsoft fanboy, as it probably helps you deal with your own fanboi hypocrisy.

But everything you said that the XBoxOne would have the PS4 would and yet you're wrong again.

Do you have to sign online once every 24hrs in order to play the game? Nope but you do for the Xbox to play the games

Can we play used games? Sure can unlike Xbox

Is the PS4 cheaper than the Xbox? Sure it is about a $100 cheaper

PS4 >XBoxOne

And another bomb.

But everything you said that the XBoxOne would have the PS4 would and yet you're wrong again.

Do you have to sign online once every 24hrs in order to play the game? Nope but you do for the Xbox to play the games

Can we play used games? Sure can unlike Xbox

Is the PS4 cheaper than the Xbox? Sure it is about a $100 cheaper

PS4 >XBoxOne

And let's see how this plays out or if it remains a constant--remember, this is publisher-driven. If EA, Activision, and/or UBISoft start getting antsy that they're losing game sales to piracy, then it won't take but one system update to have the PS4 do what Microsoft is doing now. Especially if these publishers threaten to withhold titles.

You do remember that Sony has a documented history of removing advertised console functionality with updates, yes? Or has that conveniently slipped your mind...just like how it slipped your mind that I also called out the rumors for Sony using PS+ as their version of XBL on the PS4? :-|

So no, not everything. But keep on with the exaggerations and gross simplifications if it helps you cope that someone doesn't subscribe to worshiping at the altar of video game companies.

Also, it appears there's some confusion as to whether or not the EyeToy comes standard now, as Polygon is reporting that the device comes with the bundle, but Kotaku is reporting otherwise and states there's a separate price tag of $69 for the camera. If it's not mandatory, this this would be a change from what Sony had mentioned before...

...and this could be where the $100 in savings is coming from in launch price.

Also, the Amazon.com pre-order page shows the camera coming with the bundle...but then they also have a listing for the camera to be purchased a la carte.

And NeoGAF has rumblings that there will be multiple PS4 bundles...including one that comes with a Vita for $599. *THAT* would be interesting if true.