Playstation 4 incoming!

And another bomb.

Good luck Microsoft (and matthew). You'll need it.

I don't need luck, fanboi. I already have Steam and a gaming PC. :-|

But keep (incorrectly) pegging me as a Microsoft fanboy, as it probably helps you deal with your own fanboi hypocrisy.

But everything you said that the XBoxOne would have the PS4 would and yet you're wrong again.

Do you have to sign online once every 24hrs in order to play the game? Nope but you do for the Xbox to play the games

Can we play used games? Sure can unlike Xbox

Is the PS4 cheaper than the Xbox? Sure it is about a $100 cheaper

PS4 >XBoxOne

And let's see how this plays out or if it remains a constant--remember, this is publisher-driven. If EA, Activision, and/or UBISoft start getting antsy that they're losing game sales to piracy, then it won't take but one system update to have the PS4 do what Microsoft is doing now. Especially if these publishers threaten to withhold titles.

You do remember that Sony has a documented history of removing advertised console functionality with updates, yes? Or has that conveniently slipped your mind...just like how it slipped your mind that I also called out the rumors for Sony using PS+ as their version of XBL on the PS4? :-|

So no, not everything. But keep on with the exaggerations and gross simplifications if it helps you cope that someone doesn't subscribe to worshiping at the altar of video game companies.

Just go get the Xbox tattoo already.

PS4 wins the hardware battle. DDR5 beats DDR3, and xbone reserves 3gigs of it for running the two operating systems.

PS4 wins the PR fight with the used games. Sure they are taking PS+ the way of XBL Gold, but no, that doesn't mean the 'checks' EA announced a few weeks ago that online passes (which is what you are talking about) are gone.

No online check in. Guess which one the military members are buying.

Oh and $100 less for the PS4.

Not going to argue looks, thats just personal preference. They need to play games, not bring a room together.

Can you really say that MS had a better line up of games shown at E3? Most of the games they showed are going to show up on everything but Nintendo.

I have had a PS3 for about 6 years. The only 'feature' I can recall Sony removing via a firmware update is linux support. Which almost no one used, and was a vulnerability for 'cracking' the system.

A lot of things about the PS4 are better comparatively to the One.

I can't really say one way or the other which had the better line up of games. I dislike that the One is going to go for $100 more than the PS4, but I don't see that lasting. I dislike that the One is doing with used games what they're doing with used games, but I don't see that lasting.

That being said, my decision rests solely on what I hear about the consoles after launch.

And another bomb.

But keep (incorrectly) pegging me as a Microsoft fanboy, as it probably helps you deal with your own fanboi hypocrisy.

But everything you said that the XBoxOne would have the PS4 would and yet you're wrong again.

Do you have to sign online once every 24hrs in order to play the game? Nope but you do for the Xbox to play the games

PS4 >XBoxOne

And let's see how this plays out or if it remains a constant--remember, this is publisher-driven. If EA, Activision, and/or UBISoft start getting antsy that they're losing game sales to piracy, then it won't take but one system update to have the PS4 do what Microsoft is doing now. Especially if these publishers threaten to withhold titles.

You do remember that Sony has a documented history of removing advertised console functionality with updates, yes? Or has that conveniently slipped your mind...just like how it slipped your mind that I also called out the rumors for Sony using PS+ as their version of XBL on the PS4? :-|

So no, not everything. But keep on with the exaggerations and gross simplifications if it helps you cope that someone doesn't subscribe to worshiping at the altar of video game companies.

Just go get the Xbox tattoo already.

PS4 wins the hardware battle. DDR5 beats DDR3, and xbone reserves 3gigs of it for running the two operating systems.

PS4 wins the PR fight with the used games. Sure they are taking PS+ the way of XBL Gold, but no, that doesn't mean the 'checks' EA announced a few weeks ago that online passes (which is what you are talking about) are gone.

No online check in. Guess which one the military members are buying.

Oh and $100 less for the PS4.

Not going to argue looks, thats just personal preference. They need to play games, not bring a room together.

Can you really say that MS had a better line up of games shown at E3? Most of the games they showed are going to show up on everything but Nintendo.

I have had a PS3 for about 6 years. The only 'feature' I can recall Sony removing via a firmware update is linux support. Which almost no one used, and was a vulnerability for 'cracking' the system.

You're willfully missing the point....Sony advertised features (e.g.backwards compatibility, alternate OS installation, storing/copying PSP games on PS3) that they later removed without giving their customers any choice in the matter. And guess what? Being able to use a game without having to authenticate it online is a 'feature', and one subject to be removed at Sony's discretion, whether you like it or not. This is far from over, and at the first sign that the console is hacked, don't be shocked if Sony suddenly does a 180 on this.

As for games, Sony was on par with Microsoft. Sony's exclusives were rather hit or miss, just like Microsoft's were. The Elder Scrolls MMORPG exclusive beta is nice, and it's Sony beating Microsoft at their own game, which is kind of poetic since Oblivion helped put the 360 on the map early on. But exclusive FF games aren't anything big anymore (perhaps if it were 1996...), and frankly Forza 5, the ex-Infinity Ward mech shooter, and the new Insomniac exclusive game match up well with Sony's exclusives. Sure, there were *more* games mentioned at Sony's E3 presser, but quantity does not equal quality...

I'm sorry if you're confusing objectivity for being a fanboy, but if you'd prefer to wallow in your own echochamber of ignorance, then go right ahead. This battle against DRM is far from over, and it's rather myopic to be claiming a victory when a simple update can remove it overnight.

A lot of things about the PS4 are better comparatively to the One.

I can't really say one way or the other which had the better line up of games. I dislike that the One is going to go for $100 more than the PS4, but I don't see that lasting. I dislike that the One is doing with used games what they're doing with used games, but I don't see that lasting.

That being said, my decision rests solely on what I hear about the consoles after launch.

Yeah, Microsoft will certainly have to scramble to catch up after this. I think it was Kotaku that had an op ed piece before E3 that suggested that gamers should honestly wait a year before picking up a next-gen console to see how all of this shakes out, as policies can change overnight, for better or worse.

Frankly, I'm just hoping for a price drop on the Wii U, and *that* will be the console I pick up this fall. If the games that are being rumored come to fruition (new Smash Bros, New Zelda, New FZero, New Metroid, Wind Waker 1080p remake), then owning a PC and WiiU would make me a very happy camper.

And another bomb.

PS4 >XBoxOne

How am I exaggerating? I just pointed out three main points (Ex: Used games, Price, mandatory to sign online within a time period, etc) that you've been blabbing about for weeks and Sony proved you wrong last night with their E3 conference. Sure you'll have to have Playstation Plus to play online games....big deal. Most people on my friends list are already Playstation Plus members like myself for the past two years.

I rather pay for the Playstation Plus in order to pay $100 cheaper on the PS4 than the XBoxOne and to play used games and not have to be required to log onto the net once every 24 hours in order to play a $60 game.

I find it hilarious that you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole just like Microsoft is

I am a little..but not much....just a hair upset that the new Killer Instinct game will be exclusively on the Xbox One....because I am more than likely going to go with a PS4 down the road. ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! So good.....brings back memories of me doing crazy combos! ha

If Microsoft were to adapt the same policies as Sony in regards to used games and no connection required, what do you think is the better console? To me It's xbox and it isn't even close.

I mean I'd view them equally in that regard. What do you think Microsoft actually has the edge on Sony with the One? Kinect vs Eye, probably, and a partnership with the NFL? I don't know man..."not even close"?

I haven't owned a console in a long time, and don't have a dog in this fight. But I will say that Sony has been doing things (mostly) the right way for just shy of two decades now, and the difference has always been, in my opinion, that Sony focuses on a balance of interests and demographics and even countries, whereas Microsoft has employed the business model of throwing lots and lots of cash towards things and marketing themselves as a very predominantly American product. Not that there is anything "wrong" with that, but personally it leaves a cynical taste in my mouth.

Side note: I don't get the FFXIII bit. So Versus XIII has now been changed into XV? Or is it two games or?

If Microsoft were to adapt the same policies as Sony in regards to used games and no connection required, what do you think is the better console? To me It's xbox and it isn't even close.

If all the same policies were adapted....then yes...I would go with the Xbox One overall....but then again, what experience do you want!? If you want a hardcore gaming experience...I would still take the PS4, but if you want more cable interaction/movies/kinect activities...then I would go with the Xbox One. I guess it leaves it up to personal preference.....but for now, the PS4 is superior IMO overall.

I'm really betting Microsoft changes one of three things:

1) The used games policy

2) The 24 hour check in policy--least likely to happen I feel, as this seems to be a hardware issue

3) The price--most likely to happen, because it's the easiest

Even if they did change one of those things, it would be a huge PR blow, because they would essentially be admitting that they were in the wrong. Then they would probably compound it by not actually owning it and trying to serve up some PC statement that excuses and sidesteps it.

I'm really betting Microsoft changes one of three things:

1) The used games policy

2) The 24 hour check in policy--least likely to happen I feel, as this seems to be a hardware issue

3) The price--most likely to happen, because it's the easiest

Even if they did change one of those things, it would be a huge PR blow, because they would essentially be admitting that they were in the wrong. Then they would probably compound it by not actually owning it and trying to serve up some PC statement that excuses and sidesteps it.

I don't think people would care too much about them admitting they were wrong. I know I'd personally prefer if they actually admitted their fault and changed it, instead of just going on pretending like what they're doing isn't stupid.

I've been an Xbox user since the first one came out and had a 360 after that. This time around I was really hoping Sony would knock it out of the park so I could get a PS4. Most of MS policies rubbed me the wrong way...until I really thought about it.

1. Always Online: I have a bonified badass gaming PC. Always online has never been a negative in that respect. Imo, as these systems evolve, almost all games will eventually go this route. Not to mention you're going to need a steady connection for ANY type of multiplayer...and Destiny. Whoa momma!

2. Used Games: I haven't bought a used game in years and never sell my games. (You can't do this with steam or PC anyway) As far lending goes? At least I won't have to worry about my cheap ass, dead beat friends borrowing my sh#t and then hunting it back down a year later.

3. Worried about the Kinect spying on you? Don't do blow and bang hookers in front of the console.

One last thing: Disc based games are going the way of the dodo. I haven't bought a physical copy of a PC game in about 5 years. Even the 'big' ones come as downloads that are usually cheaper than the physical copy anyway, and you never have to worry about it getting scratched or lost. So when Sony throws up this picture, and it says 'disc based games' at the bottom, they're actually saying the same thing MS has been saying. "It's the publishers decision."

Just my 2 cents.

ymUneDP.jpg

• Fire 1