***Official Weather Thread***

What is tomorrow looking like?

The currently forecasted cap looks pretty strong for central and eastern Nebraska through the day. If that holds true, it'll kill off any chance of afternoon storms developing. Evening storms might develop in Kansas and near the NE/KS border. There will be plenty of instability for them to feed on if they can get through the cap. It doesn't look nearly as good to me now, but that's probably a good thing since extreme NE Nebraska, NW Iowa, and SE South Dakota could probably use a break, especially after tonight.

Anything that does fire up in NE would probably go nuts, but it'd have to break through the cap first. Seems unlikely at the moment unless the boundary there provides enough lift along with the heating. Funny thing is, a lot can change overnight and through the morning. But yeah, no thrilled with the storm outlook now. Probably a good thing.

The numbers do look better up toward Souix City and Falls later in the evening and overnight. Right along the Missouri, really. Hopefully it stays away, but storms will probably initiate somewhere in that northeast region.

Anything that does fire up in NE would probably go nuts, but it'd have to break through the cap first. Seems unlikely at the moment unless the boundary there provides enough lift along with the heating. Funny thing is, a lot can change overnight and through the morning. But yeah, no thrilled with the storm outlook now. Probably a good thing.

Lets hope it holds. CAPE and EHI values are projected to be high, although not nearly as scary looking as Monday.

Lets hope it holds. CAPE and EHI values are projected to be high, although not nearly as scary looking as Monday.

Yes! Welcome to the weather party! Weather nerds unite! I might have to break out my books for a refresher and then start looking at more data to keep up with you guys. I haven't been out of the game that long but man have I lost the knowledge.